Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

So if I'm watching a game on Sky, I'm not aloud to celebrate a goal from the team I support. Even though I f***ing despise Mike Ashley. Cool.

No because a goals purpose is to win points to compete and move up the table which this club doesn't want

Can I ask, what makes you think you have a devine right to tell people how to act?

So if I'm watching a game on Sky, I'm not aloud to celebrate a goal from the team I support. Even though I f***ing despise Mike Ashley. Cool.

No because a goals purpose is to win points to compete and move up the table which this club doesn't want

Can I ask, what makes you think you have a devine right to tell people how to act?

I don't but when people say one thing then will be doing the opposite in a couple of months time it makes no sense.

Like I am Newcastle mad but I can't see any single point in it next season as it's crystal clear there is no hope, ambition or point to it. People know that too but they will still be acting like there is come August

I don't but when people say one thing then will be doing the opposite in a couple of months time it makes no sense.

Like I am Newcastle mad but I can't see any single point in it next season as it's crystal clear there is no hope, ambition or point to it. People know that too but they will still be acting like there is come August

I can’t see any point in it either but I’m calm as fuck compared to you :lol:

CDM bingo

So far I’ve got ‘c***s’ ‘50k at the arsenal game’ and ‘celebrating goals’

"I'm sick of Chris Hughton complaining about the lack of black people in management"

Haha yes that's a one too

Not something to proud of. It can easily be seen as being a bit racist.

I can’t see any point in it either but I’m calm as f*** compared to you :lol:

I need to calm down like. I just seen a Facebook post before or about 9 Newcastle fans all debating who they want next manager and the pros and cons etc and it just made me despair and hit home why Ashley is still here

I need to calm down like. I just seen a Facebook post before or about 9 Newcastle fans all debating who they want next manager and the pros and cons etc and it just made me despair and hit home why Ashley is still here

Understatement of the year. You don’t need to post the same thing over and over in every thread. We get it. The rest of us are just as annoyed at the situation. Please desist.

Understatement of the year. You don’t need to post the same thing over and over in every thread. We get it. The rest of us are just as annoyed at the situation. Please desist.

Ok consider it done the discman, I just seen that Facebook status and it set me off.

As far as Im concerned, I'm not giving any money to NUFC, I'm not paying Sky either so not funding the TV deal. After that, I reckon if I'm watching a game, I can react however the fuck I want if we win. I don't have it in me to root against our team even if Ashley is here.

As far as Im concerned, I'm not giving any money to NUFC, I'm not paying Sky either so not funding the TV deal. After that, I reckon if I'm watching a game, I can react however the fuck I want if we win. I don't have it in me to root against our team even if Ashley is here.

Same here, live too far away to go to matches, although I used to go to the odd one pre Ashley. I don`t pay for Sky. If we pick up any points against teams I despise for various reasons I will be happy but I think by November it will be pretty clear we will probably finish bottom. The only way Ashley used to get money from me was through the kids wanting the shirts.

:thup:

You've given him fair warning now. If he's still doing this shit he's getting a month and I'll do it myself tonight. Expressing an opinion is fair enough, battering the shit out of the board and alienating the vast majority of quality posters isn't happening. This is one of the most chilled boards out there and the fact people are tearing their hair out at him speaks volumes.

Same here, live too far away to go to matches, although I used to go to the odd one pre Ashley. I don`t pay for Sky. If we pick up any points against teams I despise for various reasons I will be happy but I think by November it will be pretty clear we will probably finish bottom. The only way Ashley used to get money from me was through the kids wanting the shirts.

I don’t think I’ll be able to be happy if we pick up points like. Hopefully I won’t know the results anyway, but if I do I can’t imagine feeling anything but robbed and angry.

Looks like I'm the only one still raging about Rafael then

Please stop this ridiculous style. Or stop posting, whichever you like.

He’s right though, we’ve all moved on.

Rafa who?

Guest godzilla

As far as Im concerned, I'm not giving any money to NUFC, I'm not paying Sky either so not funding the TV deal. After that, I reckon if I'm watching a game, I can react however the f*** I want if we win. I don't have it in me to root against our team even if Ashley is here.

I don’t think I’ll be able to be happy if we pick up points like. Hopefully I won’t know the results anyway, but if I do I can’t imagine feeling anything but robbed and angry.

Doesn't matter that we have a cunt in charge, it's still our team and no way could I ever be angry about the team getting a result. If Ashley is still in charge at the start of the season, boycott the matches, don't buy any merchandise, don't pay for sky-Amazon-BT, but come on angry because your team is getting a result is a bit much.

Koulibay on Rafa

There is an expression, “When you learn all the languages, you can open all the doors.”

I will not lie to you, I am just as guilty as anyone of having my own ideas about people and places. Before I came to Napoli, I was really anxious because I didn’t know the language, and I had heard some people talking bad about the mafia and crime and all this stuff. I had never been there, so I didn’t know if they were telling the truth.

Actually, this is a funny story.

When I was in Belgium playing for Genk, my friend Ahmed was coming to stay at my house for a few days. So I’m waiting for him to arrive from the train, and I get this call from a strange number.

I answer, in English, “Hello? Who is this?”

The voice says, “Hello, this is Rafa Benítez.”

I say, “Come on, Ahmed, stop playing with me. I am waiting here for you.”

I hang up the phone.

He calls me again, and now I’m annoyed.

I say, “Ahmed, stop it. I am here. When do you arrive?”

He says, “Hello? I’m Rafa Benítez.”

I hang up the phone again.

Then I get a call from my agent. I pick up the phone.

He says, “Kouli, how are you? Have you heard from Rafa Benítez at Napoli? He’s going to call you.”

I said, “What?! Are you kidding me? I think he just called me. I thought it was my friend playing a joke!”

My agent calls Rafa to explain what happened, and then Rafa calls me again, and I pick up the phone like nothing has happened.

I say, “Hello, Rafa! Hello! Bonjour! Hola! Hello!”

He says, “Hello, do you want me to speak in English?”

I say, “As you wish, we speak whatever you want.”

So we ended up speaking in French.

He was asking me so many questions — do you have a girlfriend, do you like to go out to party, do you know the city, the players?

I said, “Well, Mister … I know Hamšík?”

The truth is, I didn’t really know the players or anything about the city, but of course I knew Rafa Benítez, and I was very impressed with everything he said.

I called my agent right away and I said, “Do whatever you have to do. We’re going to Napoli.”

There were only 48 hours left in the winter transfer window, and Napoli could not work out a deal with Genk. But Rafa was true to his word, and he bought me in the summer. When I arrived for my medical, I was very nervous, because I didn’t speak any Italian yet. I was greeted by the chairman, Mr. De Laurentiis, in the hallway.

And I think this says everything about Napoli and the club.

He’s looking at me kind of funny, and he says, “Oh, you’re Koulibaly?”

I say, “Yes, I am Koulibaly.”

He says, “But you’re not tall? Aren’t you 1.92 meters?”

I say, “No, Mr. President, I am 1.86 meters.”

He says, “Damn! It is written everywhere that you are 1.92! I am going to have to speak to Genk and get some money back!”

I say, “It’s alright, Mr. President, you pay the full amount. I will give every centimeter back to you on the field, don’t worry.”

He liked that a lot. He was laughing and he said, “O.K., O.K., you are welcome here in Napoli, Koulibaly. You are welcome.”

Mr. President, you pay the full amount. I will give every centimeter back to you on the field, don’t worry.

After my medical, Rafa took me out to lunch, and the first thing he did after we sat down, before we even got the menus, he took all the wine glasses from the other tables. He was laying them out on the table and sliding them around. I am thinking, What is he doing? Is he mad?

He said, “O.K., now I show you the tactics.”

The waiter comes over, and the Mister is pushing the glasses everywhere, saying, “This is how we play. You go here, then you go there. Do you understand? Now, you must do two things very quickly: You must understand these tactics, and you must learn Italian.”

I said, “O.K., boss, O.K.”

When I returned from a little vacation, Rafa shut me in a room with the head of video analysis, and he was showing me all of my best plays. Sensational passes, dribbling, sliding tackles.

He says, “This, this and this?”

I say, “Yes? It’s good, no?”

He says, “Don’t do this shit anymore.”

I say, “But I won the ball back!”

It’s hard to translate the next part, but he says, “This is ass! You won it back because of your strength. If your opponent was smarter, you would be in trouble.”

Then he shows me this other video. Very boring. Normal plays.

He’s smiling and he says, “Yes! This is good. This is very good.”

I say, “But, sir, these are simple plays.”

He says, “Yes, Kouli, exactly.”

This says everything about my experience here. When I arrived in Italy, I was a boy. I became a better footballer, because I learned top-level tactics. They are so meticulous with the tactics here. But the most important thing is that I also became a family man and a real Neapolitan.

How many years do people think it'll be until we see a manager of his stature here again? (With such achievements, commitment, knowledge, love for the club city and fans and everything else Rafa brought).

I'm thinking decades at least...

Never, its ok though there will be 52k greeting Mark Hughes, as long as they get away from the wife and have their day out getting p*ssed who cares though ey.

If we got relegated and stuck in the championship butwere  free of Ashely gates would drop massively, yet we would have far more hope than we do now just people are too blind to realise it, I just read loads of people on instagram saying they are renewing as the lads need the support  :lol: :lol: :lol:

How many years do people think it'll be until we see a manager of his stature here again? (With such achievements, commitment, knowledge, love for the club city and fans and everything else Rafa brought).

I'm thinking decades at least...

Never again in Ashley`s time, we lucked out with Rafa. Once he has gone (dies) It wouldn`t be long as long as we don`t get an Ashley part 2 as an owner.  People drop dead all the time from 50 upwards, that`s my only hope