Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Rafa: ‘Sean Longstaff, Matt Longstaff, Dummett, Carroll...what does that say to you about local Academy products?’

Ashley: ‘There’s too many of them?’

Rafa: ‘That’s one way of looking at it...’

:lol: Nice.

I feel it's almost a bad thing that these players have managed to come through in a way as I expect Ashleys view on it will be why waste money on improving something that works well and produces good talents already.

Rafa Benitez has commented on Matty Longstaff’s debut in his latest blog.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/blog/great-epl-day-and-work-progress/133/

”I was really pleased to see him scoring the winning goal for Newcastle; he was great when he was training with us”

"Surely it shouldn’t be difficult to see the benefits of investing in the Academy?”

That’s my Rafa :aww:

Lovely and sad at the same time as he'd still be here if the fat twat wasn't such a fat twat!

”I was really pleased to see him scoring the winning goal for Newcastle; he was great when he was training with us”

"Surely it shouldn’t be difficult to see the benefits of investing in the Academy?”

People on facebook/twitter responding to these quotes saying "mind your own business" and "wish he'd fuck off keep talking about us".

These are the sort of people we're dealing with at our club ffs. Siding with Ashley man. How do you even reason with these idiots?

People on facebook/twitter responding to these quotes saying "mind your own business" and "wish he'd fuck off keep talking about us".

These are the sort of people we're dealing with at our club ffs. Siding with Ashley man. How do you even reason with these idiots?

It’s just a coping mechanism.

How some people try to deal with losing a world class manager for a rubbish one.

Guest Howaythetoon

Edwards doesn't understand. He's also not a supporter of the club, so further from it. Despite his job covering the club and it's supporters he still, again, does not grasp the problem.

1. Job entitles you to a top of the line Mercedes Benz for 3 years going, it's been successful. You love it. People around you love it. You can't be happier.

2. Board of Directors no longer wants to pay for that Mercedes Benz anymore, citing rising costs to keep it going and its been overly demanding on the company

3. Board of Directors replaces Mercedes Benz with a economy-class Van, citing its really what we and you need - you should be thankful for it. it is going to be exciting thing to drive!

4. Economy-class Van actually cost a decent wedge to acquire

5. Economy-class Van doesn't operate as reliable as the Mercedes and is prone to more issues more frequently

6. Economy-class Van gets you to the destination you set out for one day. You should be thanking the Board and the Van profusely for doing it's job and getting you to this specific place 1 time.

Horrendous analogy above but I had to see it through.

To summarise, the club traded in a Mercedes AMG for a fucking 10 year old high mileage Vauxhall Vectra with lots of owners and every previous recorded MOT showing all kinds of advisories. But hey, the MPG figures are way better!

Edwards doesn't understand. He's also not a supporter of the club, so further from it. Despite his job covering the club and it's supporters he still, again, does not grasp the problem.

1. Job entitles you to a top of the line Mercedes Benz for 3 years going, it's been successful. You love it. People around you love it. You can't be happier.

2. Board of Directors no longer wants to pay for that Mercedes Benz anymore, citing rising costs to keep it going and its been overly demanding on the company

3. Board of Directors replaces Mercedes Benz with a economy-class Van, citing its really what we and you need - you should be thankful for it. it is going to be exciting thing to drive!

4. Economy-class Van actually cost a decent wedge to acquire

5. Economy-class Van doesn't operate as reliable as the Mercedes and is prone to more issues more frequently

6. Economy-class Van gets you to the destination you set out for one day. You should be thanking the Board and the Van profusely for doing it's job and getting you to this specific place 1 time.

Horrendous analogy above but I had to see it through.

To summarise, the club traded in a Mercedes AMG for a fucking 10 year old high mileage Vauxhall Vectra with lots of owners and every previous recorded MOT showing all kinds of advisories. But hey, the MPG figures are way better!

And you just know one of those owners was a dogger.

You just don't. Don't even try. You can't.

Realised that a long time ago, they're just not worth the effort or your sanity.  No matter how valid your points are, there's always a come back which more often than not brings more questions than answers.

Sad as it is I'm just at the point of 'let them get on with it'.

Another good article from Rafa in the Athletic - travesty he's still not here

Few NUFC snippets;

In fact, in the summer of last year, Stevie (Gerrard) called me about Sean Longstaff. Rangers were interested and he asked whether they could sign him on loan, but I told him “no” — he’d be staying at Newcastle United. Some people have said, “Oh, Rafa was lucky because of Longstaff” but we’d been watching him and we were happy with him, we played him in the first-team, supported him and gave him confidence. Turning Rangers down is proof of what we thought of Sean.

I’m speculating now, but that’s why I think Martin Dubravka, who was our goalkeeper at St James’ Park, could become a coach. That’s my feeling. He understands the game. People rightly will point out that not too many keepers become managers but I wonder if that’s because in the past they tended to train separately from the rest of the team, so they would have less involvement in terms of the sessions, tactics, positions and things like that.

Actually hurts that we had such a world class manager in charge who was desperate to stay and we let him go.

I’ve went from looking forward to matchdays to not even watching our games or highlights this season. Still gutted.

The way my Saturday shifts worked this season, I was only due to miss 2 out of the 19.

Was all prepared to get one this season had Benitez stayed, or even if he couldn’t keep Benitez, appointed a proper manager/Head Coach to replace him. Arteta, Van Bronckhorst, Genesio...I’d probably have been suckered back in. They may not have worked out but I could at least have bought into the idea still.

Bruce though man...he must have literally been laughing his head off when he brought him in.

Setting myself up for more pain I know, but has anyone else day dreamed about a situation where we're sold and he comes back?

Fuck sake. :lol:

Yep!

Hopefully, he’s sounding out some mega-rich chap in China about our potential!