Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Setting myself up for more pain I know, but has anyone else day dreamed about a situation where we're sold and he comes back?

Fuck sake. :lol:

Yep!

Hopefully, he’s sounding out some mega-rich chap in China about our potential!

That’s what I’ve been hoping too.

Setting myself up for more pain I know, but has anyone else day dreamed about a situation where we're sold and he comes back?

Fuck sake. [emoji38]

Him and Ben Arfa, arms linked, skipping over the horizon towards SJP.

I've definitely pictured it, like. There's a small part of me which is sort of just assuming, based on absolutely nothing, that it can't stay this shit for long.

It's the rational thing to think, yet here we are, over 11 years since "that" summer transfer window when Keegan left. :lol:

I've also often thought about how that first game post-Ashley will feel and pictured it in my mind's eye.

We'll get there one day.

Can't wait to step out of my flying car and get to my seat. [emoji38]

I've also often thought about how that first game post-Ashley will feel and pictured it in my mind's eye.

We'll get there one day.

Can't wait to step be carried out of my flying car and get wheeled to my seat. [emoji38]

fyp

We'll get there one day.

Can't wait to step be carried out of my flying car and get wheeled to my seat. [emoji38]

fyp

I imagine I'll be in my robot body by then, tbh. Gleaming in my hologram Sports Direct strip. Violating at least two of the laws of robotics with my effortless cool.

Fuck sake. :lol:

A small part of me did wonder if Rafa's methods were a bit outdated. We've seen a transition to a more attacking style with Klopp and Pochettino, although Rafa did seem to enjoy playing Poch's team when he was here. But I would really have loved to see a Rafa team with quality players from front to back just to test that out.

What I do miss though is having a manager with an actual method. After having so many since Keegan who had no idea what they were really trying to do, it was great to be able to nerd over Rafa's attention to detail. Really loved that.

And now we've got Bruce.

I’ll be uploaded into my seat as I’ll be existing as pure data

[emoji38] Humans will be pure energy and the ground will still be silent.

Got to 01010011 01110101 01110000 01110000 01101111 01110010 01110100 the team not the regime.

I’ll be uploaded into my seat as I’ll be existing as pure data

[emoji38] Humans will be pure energy and the ground will still be silent.

Got to 01010011 01110101 01110000 01110000 01101111 01110010 01110100 the team not the regime.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

https://theathletic.co.uk/1351842/2019/11/06/rafa-benitez-liverpool-now-have-financial-muscle-maybe-the-great-title-obsession-will-finally-end/

In our first season, we finished fifth in the Premiership, but we were competing for something different. After so long without any of the most important trophies, it was understandable if the players lost a little focus when they were in the latter stages of the Champions League. The following year, we won two more trophies and finished third, so we were getting closer. Then it was third again and another Champions League final and then fourth.

After that? We finished second to Manchester United with 86 points, which was then a record for Liverpool in the Premier League. People still talk about ‘Rafa’s Rant’, the press conference I gave in the January, when they said Sir Alex Ferguson was getting under my skin. After that, I remembering going to Old Trafford and seeing a banner which read ‘Rafa Is Cracking Up’. I also remember beating them 4-1.

https://theathletic.co.uk/1351842/2019/11/06/rafa-benitez-liverpool-now-have-financial-muscle-maybe-the-great-title-obsession-will-finally-end/

In our first season, we finished fifth in the Premiership, but we were competing for something different. After so long without any of the most important trophies, it was understandable if the players lost a little focus when they were in the latter stages of the Champions League. The following year, we won two more trophies and finished third, so we were getting closer. Then it was third again and another Champions League final and then fourth.

After that? We finished second to Manchester United with 86 points, which was then a record for Liverpool in the Premier League. People still talk about ‘Rafa’s Rant’, the press conference I gave in the January, when they said Sir Alex Ferguson was getting under my skin. After that, I remembering going to Old Trafford and seeing a banner which read ‘Rafa Is Cracking Up’. I also remember beating them 4-1.

He is a God......

People still talk about ‘Rafa’s Rant’, the press conference I gave in the January, when they said Sir Alex Ferguson was getting under my skin. After that, I remembering going to Old Trafford and seeing a banner which read ‘Rafa Is Cracking Up’. I also remember beating them 4-1.

:lol: Come home my sweet baby. Come home!