Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

While he was here, although the club wasn’t my own still, I felt the team were at least and as long as he was around, I could believe the two could one day reunite together as one to give me back the old Newcastle United football club, even with Ashley still around. He certainly worked his bollocks off to deliver that. He definitely delivered us a team to be proud of, get behind, believe in and to have hope and faith in.

But Bruce man, he’s from here, he’s proper passionate and gets the club, fans and City.

I got Rafa, his team, his players, I don’t and never will get Bruce’s Toon Army!

You can keep it without Rafa, the whole fucking stinking lot!

i only skimmed the tweet but did i see correctly that nostaljaer has been invited to the elite coaches forum and rafa hasn't?  i know OGN is invited but couldn't see rafa's name on a quick skim

It's a UEFA event.

This guy.

Where we could have been with him and the right owners...

Other than Kevin Keegan and SBR, I can't really think of a manager more suited to us. In some ways you wouldn't automatically think he was a fit, he plays quite cautious football, and he's probably considered slightly below the top tier by the really big clubs in the world now. But that is what makes him perfect for us. He would have been perfect as a manager who knows how to win cups and compete with the best. But really, his biggest quality was that he just gets us. Probably for similar reasons why he fell in love with Liverpool, and he must have had delusions he would be allowed to create something similar here at some point.

He should have waited and positioned himself for a European job like Mourinho is doing there was always going to be some good clubs become available if he waited.

I’d like to see him go back to Napoli if they part company with Ancelotti they’ve got a fantastic squad.

It must be a strange league to manage in, I would bet that none of these big name managers and players going there are learning mandarin, and everything will be done through translators. If you’re a manager that’s all about the small details then how do you get everything across effectively? He’s obviously not comparable but I’ve seen Gary Neville talking about how everything took twice as long to explain because he knew fuck all Spanish.

Just read an article, no wins since august and Rondon benched. Sounds like things aren’t going great. Sure he’ll get them back on track.

Wrong they won 2 games ago on September 21st.

The Chinese League had a long month break of no matches between the end of September to the end of October.

They have 3 of the 4 bottom teams in his next/last few games so they should finish about 6th(They were 11th when he arrived)

Also Rondon was on the bench because he’d been traveling back from South America on international duty.

Also Carrasco their best player recently got injured most Chinese teams rely on their game deciding foreign players not being injured(8 of their 11 starters have to be Chinese)

I would bet that none of these big name managers and players going there are learning mandarin, and everything will be done through translators. If you’re a manager that’s all about the small details then how do you get everything across effectively?

Yeah for a coach/teacher like Rafa Benitez who is all about instructive coaching China isn’t best suited to his qualities.

I’d imagine with a lot of good European jobs now becoming available he probably wishes he’d waited like Mourinho is.

The video of Mourinho breaking down when talking about missing it is exactly what Rafa would be like if he waited though :laugh:

Rafa said he has over 10 years left you can tell he’s just obsessed with coaching.