Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Thing is, if Ryder's just rang up or texted Lee Marshall and asked the question, the answer is obviously going to be no. The club, through its head of media, are hardly going to admit they're sounding out a replacement for a manager still in post.

There's not really anyone close to Ashley or his inner circle, so it's almost impossible to find out what he's thinking or planning. The only other way it might get out is from Benitez's side but I can't see that being the case as he's not one to court publicity for the sake of it.

I thought people said in the other thread that Rafa had too much principles to come back and work for Ashley?  :lol:

The only way this happens is if the takeover has been sealed and is watertight.

People did say that and people are right. There’s no way he’s coming back if Ashley asks him ffs

I posted on here yesterday the question of whether Ashley would ask Rafa to come back on a short term contract etc and would be in situ as manager if the takeover goes through.  Looks like its developed into a rumour overnight!

Go you

I posted on here yesterday the question of whether Ashley would ask Rafa to come back on a short term contract etc and would be in situ as manager if the takeover goes through.  Looks like its developed into a rumour overnight!

Forum speculation turns into a general internet rumour which journos pick up on and publish as news which creates a frenzied speculation on the internet and also another flurry of forum posts on the topic until that topic runs out of steam and another is started thus keeping the cycle going.

Are we the head or the arse of the snake?

One journalist (who is not known to be a decent source for either NUFC or Rafa stories) makes an outlandish claim that every other journalist seems to disagree with...

There’s more chance of Kinnear coming back for a third stint.

As others have said, the only way it’d be possible was if the takeover was guaranteed. Sadly, it’s far from guaranteed.

One journalist (who is not known to be a decent source for either NUFC or Rafa stories) makes an outlandish claim that every other journalist seems to disagree with...

There’s more chance of Kinnear coming back for a third stint.

As others have said, the only way it’d be possible was if the takeover was guaranteed. Sadly, it’s far from guaranteed.

:snod: People need to dust themselves doon and focus on the future not the present,This isn't nufc and Steve Bruce was never our manager or ashley the owner.If it wasn't for this place i wouldn't even know who we played next its dead! Under Rafa i knew the whole season ahead

Guest reefatoon

Bring him back as DoF just for the laughs and to see Bruce squirm a bit more.

That would be quality, and he would have to  address him as “the mighty Rafa” every time.

I could see him taking it until the end of the season if the takeover is likely.

Thats where I'm at, a big defeat tomorrow and the pressure will ramp up on Bruce, in fact I think if fans were in the grounds he would already be gone.