Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Where do you think we would be now?

... if Rafa had been allowed to spend 10 million on the academy and another 60/70 mill as Bruce has had on players...

I reckon the football would be ordered/organised but we probably wouldn´t have seen Maximillion here. We would be proud of the team and club and would be watching with intent and passion.

Not quite the experience at the moment

... if Rafa had been allowed to spend 10 million on the academy and another 60/70 mill as Bruce has had on players...

I reckon the football would be ordered/organised but we probably wouldn´t have seen Maximillion here. We would be proud of the team and club and would be watching with intent and passion.

Where West Ham are.

Where West Ham are.

100% what I was going to say.

Keeping Rondon, Perez and Almiron and then giving him the £90 million that Bruce got?!

The defence was already sorted. The Longstaff and Hayden pairing was getting better and better every game in midfield.

He would have just fleshed out the squad and made the team better in certain areas, and improved the subs options.

We would have been top 6 minimum, while threatening a whole lot more, considering how vulnerable the typical top 4 bunch have looked.

would rather have kept Rafa even if it meant no ASM here.

Think that goes without saying, but ASM's a total crock, mind. Feel like we wouldn't have seen the best of him in any scenario. Even aside from COVID, he seems to have been carrying muscular injuries from the very beginning.

Where West Ham are.

Keeping Rondon, Perez and Almiron and then giving him the £90 million that Bruce got?!

The defence was already sorted. The Longstaff and Hayden pairing was getting better and better every game in midfield.

He would have just fleshed out the squad and made the team better in certain areas, and improved the subs options.

We would have been top 6 minimum, while threatening a whole lot more, considering how vulnerable the typical top 4 bunch have looked.

Totally agree.

It's so bastard frustrating.

He's a stupid twat Mike Ashley and this for me has been his worst decision as NUFC owner by far.

Of those three, the one I can't understand being bitter is Bellamy as he was a fan favourite here. I get that he would be p*ssed at Souness, but he just seems to have a problem with the club as a whole.

It's because he fell out with Shearer on his way out the door and that was a cardinal sin in the eyes of many, thus when he returned as an opposition player he got jeered. I was always on Bellamy's side though. He was consistently one of Bobby's best players and used to run his knackers off every game. He didn't deserve any s*** from our fans and I can understand why he'd feel hard done by.

The only villain of the piece is that boring Scottish s***-for-brains who didn't know how to manage difficult personalities like Craig. The genius of Bobby shines through again.

Think that goes without saying, but ASM's a total crock, mind. Feel like we wouldn't have seen the best of him in any scenario. Even aside from COVID, he seems to have been carrying muscular injuries from the very beginning.

One thing I haven’t ever seen from ASM is these so-call behavioural/attitude problems. He’s seemingly been the perfect pro and has done his fair share of hard work for the team.

I think he could’ve worked in a Benitez side.

Where West Ham are.

Totally agree.

He's a stupid twat Mike Ashley and this for me has been his worst decision as NUFC owner by far.

But is it Ashley?  Just suppose Ash has divested all responsibility for the club to Barnes and Charnley, and its Charnley who chose Bruce because he is (a plastic) Geordie (as an aside is Charnley a Geordie by birth?), and Barnes bought Joelinton because he relied upon the judgement of Nixon who said his value would sky rocket.

One thing I haven’t ever seen from ASM is these so-call behavioural/attitude problems. He’s seemingly been the perfect pro and has done his fair share of hard work for the team.

I think he could’ve worked in a Benitez side.

I think Benitez would have loved Fraser. Grafter who has an end product.

Totally agree.

But is it Ashley?  Just suppose Ash has divested all responsibility for the club to Barnes and Charnley, and its Charnley who chose Bruce because he is (a plastic) Geordie (as an aside is Charnley a Geordie by birth?), and Barnes bought Joelinton because he relied upon the judgement of Nixon who said his value would sky rocket.

If I owned a football club and wasn't clued-up on the football side then I'd opt to listen to a multi-trophy winning Rafa Benitez than those two helmets!

He owns it and calls the shot so he is to blame

I don't know like, we live in a world where that loveable Jimmy Bullard got called up to the England squad by the hugely successful Fabio Capello and he spent the week shouting POSTMAN PAT in his face for a laugh. Stupid fucker.

Recall rumours Bellamy telling him where to go after not bringing him on in the CL they lost. Was sold off to West Ham that summer...

Fairly sure too that he fell out with Alonso. There was that summer before he left where they tried all window to buy Gareth Barry and Alonso was persona non grata. Then you’ve got him binning off Terry at Chelsea; although no idea if either where disrespectful shitbags to him over there respective situations though.

Ronaldo never took to him at Real either, moaned about Rafa telling how to take free kicks!

I don't know like, we live in a world where that loveable Jimmy Bullard got called up to the England squad by the hugely successful Fabio Capello and he spent the week shouting POSTMAN PAT in his face for a laugh. Stupid f***er.

When Kieron Dyer was playing for England U21s they were playing in some tournament in HongKong or somewhere. Whilst out the p*ss the players took it in turns to s*** in a carrier bag and then they hung it on the gaffa's door when they got back to the hotel. Just for a laugh like, not because they had owt against him.

Listened to Pod on the Tyne podcast earlier, Caulkin plays a recording from an interview with Rafa before Christmas.

Says that in his final meeting with club before leaving it was made clear that there was no investment to be made in training ground and academy, and just signalled end of the road for him with us. 

Speaks to the class of him that his greatest motivation here was building a legacy and foundation to build from, not just a contract size or transfer budgets.

Beyond frustration to think club wouldn’t bother investing back into the club, but probably not days later signing off on £50M+  being spent of transfers/contracts for Joelinton, Andy Carroll, and Krath.

Listened to Pod on the Tyne podcast earlier, Caulkin plays a recording from an interview with Rafa before Christmas.

Says that in his final meeting with club before leaving it was made clear that there was no investment to be made in training ground and academy, and just signalled end of the road for him with us. 

Speaks to the class of him that his greatest motivation here was building a legacy and foundation to build from, not just a contract size or transfer budgets.

Beyond frustration to think club wouldn’t bother investing back into the club, but probably not days later signing off on £50M+  being spent of transfers/contracts for Joelinton, Andy Carroll, and Krath.

And the likes of hairy Keys and Sherwood said Rafa was only after the money