Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Don't they already have a very good squad? Might be a case of they just need to fine tune it so it fits his style now. 

Find it odd they've been chucking money all over the place for the last few years, get Rafa and they're only blagging free signings and whatnot.

They'll probably lose Sigurdsson, need viable backup for DCL, Iwobi is fucking terrible, they've 3 CM's but nothing decent behind that afaik.  Plenty of holes that could be filled, is the point I'm making.

Just now, hakka said:

I also thought they had spent heavily in recent years so don't really have same spending power. I haven't looked though :lol:

Thought they were loaded, unless they're rowing back on spending for some reason.  Always have a good youth system maybe want Rafa to bring them through.

42 minutes ago, Paully said:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/rafael-benitez-appointed-everton-manager.112986/page-474

Last few pages alone;

"Fat Kopite pig"

"Fat Benny"

He needs a good start!

Actually, a bad start - they go nuts about him - he leaves and our takeover happens - KERCHING!

Those scumbags will never appreciate that absolute gent of a man. 

4 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

100% agreed - I only read last three pages - the abuse he was getting after the appointment was unbelievable!

13 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Guaranteed the pundits will rip him to bits aswell if he hasn't got them competing in the top 4 all season while licking Bruce's arse when we're battling relegation. Fucktards

Mind if I was an Everton fan I would not be happy and not wanting him either. Calls the club when he was Liverpool manager and his management record recently to their fans will look poor also (they will say Bruce did just as good a job). Take the black and white glasses off and the fact we know he was hindered also (Everton fans won’t as they wouldn’t have been interested). I can’t stand Everton fans, but from their point of view I can certainly see why he’s not liked or wanted.

Mentioned earlier, imho this is a disaster in the making. 

Edited by et tu brute

3 hours ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Find it odd they've been chucking money all over the place for the last few years, get Rafa and they're only blagging free signings and whatnot.

They'll probably lose Sigurdsson, need viable backup for DCL, Iwobi is fucking terrible, they've 3 CM's but nothing decent behind that afaik.  Plenty of holes that could be filled, is the point I'm making.

They've spent a boatload last few seasons you are right, but no club can keep chucking money at players. I think any manager who came in now would be told if you don't like these, by all means sell them and you can use the money to buy who you want. 

39 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Everton's defence isn't bad, midfield isn't very creative though. A very good striker but they need a few good quality signings imo.

Right?  Maybe they're planning shit in the background but I really expected them to do more.  Their whole thing for the last few years has been to push on, and now they just give up?  Weird.

Though I accept why they have an issue I trust Everton fans are being labelled as deluded for not wanting him and being like this, since they've not even challenged for the title since the mid 80s, as we would be, and allowing for his formerly managing Liverpool and comments on Everton as 'not giving him a chance' 'and 'deluded' as we were and are with Bruce re his far obsessive and pathetic attitude as head mackem.

Wonder why its just us.

Edited by Wolfcastle

5 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Talk of Rondons contract in China being axed and joining Everton

Would be a good signing. Use their width, get crosses in the box for DCL, Richardson, and possibly Rondon. They are all good to great headers of the ball.

Guest HTT II

Doesn't Rafa’s teams always start slowly then end strong? If the Everton board hold their nerve, he’ll more than succeed there. Gonna be grim for him every time they don’t win though from the stands.