Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

But that means Rafa would have failed and I don't want that.

Rafa has won titles and champions league, if he fails he has that on his CV still. If Everton fail they can still continue being the small time cunts that they are.

Yes as you can probably tell I highly dislike that club. Probably doesn't help that my ex's Dad was an Evertonian and a racist at that, ha.

3 hours ago, Lazarus said:

It won't take them long to realise that theyve got an absolute gem of a manager.

Only way he'll win that bunch of scouse makems over is by winning every game....with style.

As divided a fanbase as we have, most could see that there was a plan, and each game was approached with the intent of getting a win somehow even if it involved sitting back. We could appreciate the multiple titles and trophies over his career....all they see is his words 'Everton is a small club'. 

Yes sometimes we played absolutely dire stuff under him, but there was always a sense of a plan and a way to move forward...he's basically their Bruce

5 hours ago, toon25 said:

Despite spunking loads of money, they're no further ahead than when they were 10 years ago. Lovely stuff. Cunts.

Seems the only club they've moved ahead of is us funnily enough. 

18 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Not sure why Everton fans are pining for ancelotti, I like him a lot but they were mostly gash under him 

I always thought that, it was like they were just going through the motions 

17 minutes ago, Paully said:

I wonder if those blue Scouse bellends who vilified him will finally appreciate the fact that they have a very good manager?! 🤔 They’re extremely lucky to have him! RAFAEL!

Gonna be hugely irritating to watch that situation unfold, see it slowly dawn on the blinkered buggers that yes, Rafa actually knows what's he's doing and their preconceived ideas about him fall away while we flail around in the bottom half. They'll probably even receive praise in the media for "accepting" him in spite of his red history, conveniently ignoring the fact they castigated him before a competitive ball was even kicked.

Pleased that he got off the mark after all the criticism. It's not good for me but I know I'll not be able to help rooting for him during the season. Hope they finish a good 20 points above Newcastle, not that I think they will. 

Had a quick scour of the Everton forums, there's some warming to him, some willing to give him some slack as long as he's winning and still a vocal amount slagging him off, putting the win down to managers first game or poor quality opposition, etc.. They really don't deserve him, he changed that game at half time.

24 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

You can highly rate Benitez and criticise his mistakes.

No even mistakes imo, every manager has to balance decisions with what's in the best interests of himself, the club & the player.  At the time Rafa maybe didn't think he could wait 5 years for Armstrong to get where he needed to be, and he'd have been right.  Also Armstrong is far from proven as a PL level player yet, lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I only saw bits of the highlights but you can already see why he’s signed Townsend and Gray to compliment DCL. I really miss having a manager with an actual plan. It’s a

shame he isn’t respected where he’s at, for now at least. 

You'd hope Everton fans will settle down and realise that Ancellotti bailed the moment the money ran out and a Big Club TM came in for him while Rafa has come in knowing the financial limitations and will almost certainly get them to the same place or better than Carlo did with much less to work with.