Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Gray and Townsend will do more for Everton under Rafa than many of their previous expensive players like Walcott, Bolasie et al. Shrewd signings for pennies. Well jel…

They will provide excellent delivery for DCL. Almost like a manager building a team to match their strengths.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

They will provide excellent delivery for DCL. Almost like a manager building a team to match their strengths.

Which he did so adeptly here, with shillings…

26 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

One on ones are harder than they look, having time to think about what to do isn't always a good thing when it comes to finishing.

Don't get me wrong you should still score from there but it isn't a formality, look at Traore when he went through.

You see loads of PL players mess up when one on one with the keeper.

As chances go in the Premier League, that's as easy as you'll get. One on one with the keeper, he had pretty much the whole goal to aim for. If he gets 8 or more all season he'll have done well.

12 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

As chances go in the Premier League, that's as easy as you'll get. One on one with the keeper, he had pretty much the whole goal to aim for. If he gets 8 or more all season he'll have done well.

Yea i agree it was fairly easy, you still see lots missed though.

What i mean is it's easier to finish instinctively than when you have time to think (pressure builds).

That Vardy goal for example was probably a harder skill but he just did it without having time think.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

You even see Kane and them sometimes mess up when they have too much time, Shearer did aswell, i think it's a mental thing, at the top level they aren't used to having much time on the ball as they are always being closed down etc, so when they do get time it's alien to them, they prefer instinctive finishing, which is why one on ones are harder than they look, and the striker is always expected to score.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

11 hours ago, St1pe said:

I only saw bits of the highlights but you can already see why he’s signed Townsend and Gray to compliment DCL. I really miss having a manager with an actual plan. It’s a

shame he isn’t respected where he’s at, for now at least. 

Was made all the more gutting after watching that clueless performance from our lot today. 

Everton played well yesterday and I'm pleased for Rafa. Know a couple of Evertonians in real life and they're great lads, nowt like those cunts online who hate Newcastle for no real reason. But I've got to be honest, I hope he fails. Seeing him succeed with another PL club will be far too painful.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

On 15/08/2021 at 01:35, RS said:

Tactical change at half time. Imagine that here man. Groundbreaking stuff. 

You know for a fact Bruce’s half time talk was “have a breather boys you’re doing great” with absolutely no talk of tactics at all.