Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, George Bailey said:

Posted at 23:0323:03

BREAKING DONE DEAL

Everton sign Salomon Rondon from Dalian Professional

Everton

Everton have signed former Newcastle striker Salomon Rondon on a free transfer from Chinese Super League side Dalian Professional.

“I'm really glad to be back in the Premier League," said Rondon. "It’s a competition I enjoyed playing in and where I felt the fans’ support in every game.

“Defending the colours of a club with a history as rich as Everton’s fills me with pride.

"I can’t wait to pull on the shirt and be reunited with Rafa Benítez, a coach who has changed the way I understand the game. I’m really grateful for the faith he’s shown in me.”

I would stake everything I have that no player ever has said such glowing and respectful things about the fat, talentless, spineless, sycophantic, lickspittle tub of lard that manages (I apologise to managers everywhere for using this term) this current abhorrent version of NUFC.

Shelvey is always full of praise for Bruce 

35 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Oh how i wish Bruce will get booed everytime he goes into the technical area while SJP goes into wave after wave of Rafa chants and songs when Everton come visit.

Bruce will be looonngggg gone by the time Rafa comes to SJP with the Everton boys. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

8th should be par but no reason they can’t finish top 6.

That squad is so thin, I don't think I entirely agree. The Rafa factor could be the difference obviously but two or three injuries and they might be struggling. Last two finishes were 10th and 12th, and the teams ahead of them have improved their squads. Top six would be a very significant achievement, I think.

Edited by ATF

1 hour ago, ATF said:

That squad is so thin, I don't think I entirely agree. The Rafa factor could be the difference obviously but two or three injuries and they might be struggling. Last two finishes were 10th and 12th, and the teams ahead of them have improved their squads. Top six would be a very significant achievement, I think.

Man C, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea & Spurs I’d put ahead of them without doubt, I think he could compete with Leicester & West Ham. They were only 6 points off the top 6 last season and when you think we did the double over them it’s not a huge margin.

12 hours ago, samptime29 said:

I like the Everton forward options. DCL, Richarlison, Rondon, all are very good to great at headers. This Everton will be all about crossing, getting some width, delivering on set pieces when they can. Everton defence has always been reasonable tbf, you expect Rafa to improve them a bit more.

They have some very decent wide options as well with the addition of Gray and Townsend. It all suggests they will not have a problem scoring goals, and we already know Rafa knows how to organise his back line. Even more clear now we can see how his work here has gradually gone to shit. 

5 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Bruce will be looonngggg gone by the time Rafa comes to SJP with the Everton boys. 

Wanted to say the same thing but thought there is a chance he'll still be here because of our incompetent owner and management.

Edited by nufcjb

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

8th should be par but no reason they can’t finish top 6.

Yeah. They've started well and if Rafa can maintain his reputation for a strong finish then who knows. In fact, I see no reason why [if the gods conspire] he couldn't win the league with them. Of course I know how ridiculous that sounds, but with everything we know about Rafa it's possible. 

4 hours ago, ATF said:

Weren't Leicester bottom of the league only a year before they went top. I know we are convinced by the media that the title belongs to one of 4 clubs and that Leicester was an anomoly, but with Managers like Rafa [in particular] kicking about those smaller clubs, I think there will always be a chance of a repeat.

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Man C, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea & Spurs I’d put ahead of them without doubt, I think he could compete with Leicester & West Ham. They were only 6 points off the top 6 last season and when you think we did the double over them it’s not a huge margin.

There isn't one of them that he isn't capable of getting a result against. It's certainly the most interesting club in the division, this season.

15 hours ago, George Bailey said:

BREAKING DONE DEAL

Everton

Everton have signed former Newcastle striker Salomon Rondon on a free transfer from Chinese Super League side Dalian Professional.

“I'm really glad to be back in the Premier League," said Rondon. "It’s a competition I enjoyed playing in and where I felt the fans’ support in every game.

“Defending the colours of a club with a history as rich as Everton’s fills me with pride.

"I can’t wait to pull on the shirt and be reunited with Rafa Benítez, a coach who has changed the way I understand the game. I’m really grateful for the faith he’s shown in me.”

I would stake everything I have that no player ever has said such glowing and respectful things about the fat, talentless, spineless, sycophantic, lickspittle tub of lard that manages (I apologise to managers everywhere for using this term) this current abhorrent version of NUFC.

that's it right there.

15 hours ago, George Bailey said:

BREAKING DONE DEAL

Everton

that's it right there.

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They can definitely compete with those teams. The squad on paper though would make them the the outsider, broadly because they're the most likely to be badly impacted if they sustained a couple of key injuries. Rafa can make up the difference though. 

Hope Rafa and Rondon receive rapturous applause when they come here and Bruce gets booed every time he licks his lips. I hate Bruce so much that I can't find words. When Rafa was here I even forgot about Ashley for a while though I know that he is the one who's caused this demolition of my club

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

Bruce will spawn a one nil against him and it will be beyond sickening 

:lol: And he and Edwards and the other lickspittles will be the smuggest cunts imaginable. God I’m angry just thinking about it.

42 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Hope Rafa and Rondon receive rapturous applause when they come here and Bruce gets booed every time he licks his lips. I hate Bruce so much that I can't find words. When Rafa was here I even forgot about Ashley for a while though I know that he is the one who's caused this demolition of my club

Just wish his return had been this year rather than next February. I think the decent fans who are left at St James would have lifted the roof with their songs for Rafa, and Bruce's face would be going an even deeper shade of purple as the rage and jealousy mounted. 

34 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

:lol: And he and Edwards and the other lickspittles will be the smuggest cunts imaginable. God I’m angry just thinking about it.

:lol: in retrospect, timing the "hattori hanzo seppuku tanto" giveaway night with the everton visit was a bad idea

2 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

And ironically both say don't judge the manager on results, judge on the league position at the end of the season. We all know Rafa will finish above Bruce but that won't be considered if Bruce gets a flukey win over him. 

Just imagine the tactical details that Rafa will go into pre-match, compared with Bruce gritting his teeth and saying "come on" whilst clenching his fat little fist. 

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

And ironically both say don't judge the manager on results, judge on the league position at the end of the season. We all know Rafa will finish above Bruce but that won't be considered if Bruce gets a flukey win over him. 

Just imagine the tactical details that Rafa will go into pre-match, compared with Bruce gritting his teeth and saying "come on" whilst clenching his fat little fist. 

Ironically, going by Sky, Rafa has spent the least this window with a total of 1.7m. our claimed spend of 25m puts us 14th, but actual spend lands us in 18th.