Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

I'd love Rafa back, his vision being executed to its maximum potential would be wonderful to see. But the big question mark is whether it's even viable. Genuine question here, has any PL manager left a club a few months in to go to another one? I can't remember it happening, but happy to be corrected!

Don't think so, we need someone soon and Rafas eventual demise will pass us by , in my opinion 

19 minutes ago, Dokko said:

The squad is full of shite. It isn't much better than ours but cost 20 times as much. Rico & DCL aside (ASM & Wilson for us) there isn't much there, possibly some better CBs but thsts about it.

They do have a lot of deadwood, but their squad us still comfortably better than ours.

Guest neesy111
On 26/10/2021 at 11:38, The Prophet said:

They do have a lot of deadwood, but their squad us still comfortably better than ours.

It's a lot better.

Dacoure would run rings around 3 CM's.

44 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

No matter how close his family live, it was a stupid move for him. Was always going to end one way.

Yeah, he dropped the ball big time on this one.

There was so much resistance to the move, and to think if he had just listened he would be our manager right now. Damn.

46 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

No matter how close his family live, it was a stupid move for him. Was always going to end one way.

I can't get my head around it tbh. I thought he'd at least have a bit money for transfers but he hasn't even got that. He's on a hiding to nothing 

I still maintain, like I did with a fair few Everton fans on Reddit, that he'll end up winning them around and they'll be the surprise package this year. Providing they get their main players back from fitness, they'd be my bet for getting that 4th place that's up for grabs.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, kisearch said:

I still maintain, like I did with a fair few Everton fans on Reddit, that he'll end up winning them around and they'll be the surprise package this year. Providing they get their main players back from fitness, they'd be my bet for getting that 4th place that's up for grabs.

I don’t even think they will give him a chance. Already on his back and that is after a good start.

Seems a fair few of their fans are hoping for a bad result tonight to shift him. Also now saying Levy binning Nuno paves way to their lot to binning Rafa. 

Not a fan of the abuse he gets from them but I did chuckle at someone calling him paelladyce. [emoji38]

The problem is that casual fans watched us park the bus v City and Chelsea, after being promoted and made up their minds. The excellent football we played (particularly the following season) is totally discounted because no one is arsed about Newcastle v Huddersfield, for example.

27 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Seems a fair few of their fans are hoping for a bad result tonight to shift him. Also now saying Levy binning Nuno paves way to their lot to binning Rafa. 

Not a fan of the abuse he gets from them but I did chuckle at someone calling him paelladyce. [emoji38]

Absolutely inspired. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Amazing how the rafa and nuno abuse as gone unnoticed. By the media

Not proper football people. The likes of Merson could never respect them. Real football men down 10 pints a night, eat kebabs, snort coke and piss away their money on the horses. 

On 30/10/2021 at 18:41, Dr Venkman said:

Fans liked Benitez’s tactics. They did not like Bruce’s tactics. Yet most of the time the tactics were the same.

Fuck. Off.

They were the same because Bruce did fuck all tactically with that team.  The problem with riding on the coattails of another man's knowledge and graft is that eventually you'll get found out.