Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, kisearch said:

They're 6 points off 6th. It's absolutely possible. Not sure about the dressing room but hard to argue with him having lost (if he ever had) the fans. Stand by what I say if he gets the time and gets his players back, but that's a massive if.

We are 6 points from safety. Both an absolute million miles away for both clubs at the minute

So conflicted. Part of me still wants Rafa to survive and push on as the season goes on. But I've not watched a single match of theirs to know if he's lost the players or not; at least during our awful runs you could see the players hadn't downed tools.

So I'll take the club overall crashing and burning instead.

4 minutes ago, wormy said:

So conflicted. Part of me still wants Rafa to survive and push on as the season goes on. But I've not watched a single match of theirs to know if he's lost the players or not; at least during our awful runs you could see the players hadn't downed tools.

So I'll take the club overall crashing and burning instead.

Cant stand them me so they can get fucked

And as for his decision going to China and then there. Lost a canny bit respect from me so meh

3 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Didn’t look like they had downed tools last night. Just outplayed by a better team. 

A much better team , Everton looked shite tbh, they were run ragged in the the first half . They reminded me of us .

The delusion over on the Everton board is staggering. They think David Moyes would leave West Ham to come back and have no money to spend.

I feel sorry for Rafa, I think he was sold a pup when choosing that job. It’s wearing him down. The timing was against him.

I’m all in on Eddie now but I wonder If he was unattached to a club in the near future would he come back in a consultant type role to work on a defensive shape while Eddie then had more time to get his ideas embedded in our midfield and forwards?

3 hours ago, Thiago said:

They can sack everyone below the owner, but he's the problem.

The owner who has spent as much as any in the PL over the last few seasons? Also hired top class managers on the surface as well? If the owner's at fault you could argue it's because he's hired the wrong DOF or whoever is in charge of recruiting players, but most fans would love an owner who showed ambition. 

Everton’s problem is there has been no real strategy regarding recruitment to fit with whoever manager they have employed, ironically they now have the right manager or type who can figure out the right kind of recruitment as he has done with two brilliant signings for them in Grey and Townsend who would both walk into our team. Sadly, he won’t get the time now and it’s looking grim for him.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Couldn’t stand how well organised and motivated we were. 

I didn’t enjoy our football, but loved the organisation, the tactical side and I could see what Rafa was trying to implement and it paid off when he got to bring in Rondon and Almiron and further investment in quality players should have saw us challenge for the top 8-6 positions IMO.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I didn’t enjoy our football, but loved the organisation, the tactical side and I could see what Rafa was trying to implement and it paid off when he got to bring in Rondon and Almiron and further investment in quality players should have saw us challenge for the top 8-6 positions IMO.

Agree with this. He did set up defensively for the most part, but unlike Bruce or Pards, he drilled the team on how to break effectively, that doesn't come by accident. Every player has to know his job and what runs to make. 

That said, even when there was talk of who would be our new boss, I was saying I would prefer Pochettino, and that was when Rafa was still on the table. Five years of solid, not very entertaining football was enough for me, regardless of who the manager is. I'm happy we've got Howe here, he's one of the more modern breed who believes in playing higher up the pitch, and that's what is usually more successful these days. 

21 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Couldn’t stand how well organised and motivated we were. 

I hated having hope again and feeling like at least our manager had pride in the club and could see our potential