Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Man, those first few months of that Championship season were fun.

After the first week!

Ha ha aye! Big wake up call that week!

I still can't believe that Norwich match! One of the most mental ever goal celebrations at SJP!

• 2 weeks later...

‘’As a manager, if you have ambition, you always want to build something better and reach the next level. It isn’t enough to simply get along with the players and give them some days off to keep them happy’’

Love this little dig at Bruce in Rafa’s latest blog :laugh:

About time he had a little chip back.

It’s also a very interesting read.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/whats-on/finding-balance/257/

‘’As a manager, if you have ambition, you always want to build something better and reach the next level. It isn’t enough to simply get along with the players and give them some days off to keep them happy’’

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Get in :lol:

Guest reefatoon

Finish him Rafa

This. and then the glasses in to the pocket of his jacket.

The perfect fatality

Rafa has more class in his little finger than the entirety of Mike Ashley's staff of cronies and arse-lickers, he needs to come home to us and finish what he started.

Assuming the takeover is signed off next week, this is everything Rafa wants in terms of a project to get hold of. If Staveley contacts him for a return I think it’d be hard to say no. I always got the impression he was just doing everything he could to keep us in the league knowing that the takeover was possible. Unfortunately for whatever reason they couldn’t get it done while I was here before.

I like this bit:

‘People often confuse having game plan, being organised and having a certain balance with taking a defensive approach, but actually it’s just the opposite. These concepts, along with having belief and maintaining intensity, are the way of leading you to success and to winning titles in football’

I like this bit:

‘People often confuse having game plan, being organised and having a certain balance with taking a defensive approach, but actually it’s just the opposite. These concepts, along with having belief and maintaining intensity, are the way of leading you to success and to winning titles in football’

Quality. I think people who understand football know that Rafa's way takes time unless he's walking into a job with top quality players already there. We were just starting to see the fruits of his labour when he left imo, that's partially why it hurt so much, cause even when things weren't great under him you could see what he was building to. Going to Steve Bacon from that was hard to take for me.

I like this bit:

Quality. I think people who understand football know that Rafa's way takes time unless he's walking into a job with top quality players already there. We were just starting to see the fruits of his labour when he left imo, that's partially why it hurt so much, cause even when things weren't great under him you could see what he was building to. Going to Steve Bacon from that was hard to take for me.

Exactly. It drove me mad hearing people say but... but... Rafa’s defensive and plays boring football. He could only make do with the meagre money he was given.

Everything started to click at the end of last season and culminated in that Fulham game. We looked ready to really kick on with a bit of investment. Just think what he would do with a bit of backing.

With his method of planning, he takes on a lot of the DoF responsibilities. If we’re going down that route, and going with Rafa, you’d like to think Rafa would have input into who the guy is (so they can work together) and has clearly defined boundaries for the manager and DoF roles.