Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Has anyone clarified whether or not he can just hand his notice in?

Marca say “No”.  https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2019/12/04/5de7830e22601d6e4b8b45f0.html

Someone, maybe you?, keeps posting that Chinese law stipulates that he can just walk away. I’m dubious. Keep hoping that somebody back the idea up.

That article is from last year he now only has 17 months left on his contract he’s not on a long 4 or 5 year contract.

I reckon he’d be cheaper than is being made out.

Apparently he tried to get a mutual termination in January when the China FA changed all the rules meaning they can’t buy any expensive star players anymore and all their signings have to be low wage capped signings.

But apparently the owner convinced him to continue instead of leaving but since then Covid has hit and they haven’t been able to start their season.

Will Dalian be wanting to continue to pay a manager £1million a month for doing nothing since November or will they think to cash in.

I don’t think it would be that hard to get him you’ve potentially got a deal that suits all parties.

I guess that’s what George Caulkin meant by incredibly complicated situation.

That article is from last year he now only has 17 months left on his contract he’s not on a long 4 or 5 year contract.

I reckon he’d be cheaper than is being made out.

Its not just him though is it? Its the staff who went with him to Chyna too who Rafa would want to bring back. Could be expensive.

Rafa would be a dream come true.  I don't think there will be a massive xfer kitty but enough to fill the holes with quality players and shift some deadwood.  There will be a massive investment in infrastructure.  I'd love to see Rafa see his dream to completion.  And it seems like with the situation in China, the stars may be aligning for a return.

Poch has been campaigning for the job and he's my 2nd choice.

Both would be fastidious in their preparation.

Has anyone clarified whether or not he can just hand his notice in?

Marca say “No”.  https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2019/12/04/5de7830e22601d6e4b8b45f0.html

Someone, maybe you?, keeps posting that Chinese law stipulates that he can just walk away. I’m dubious. Keep hoping that somebody back the idea up.

That's me but I don't 'keep posting it', I posted that under Chinese labour law you can quit your job with 30 days notice no matter what it says in your contract.  I also said I have no idea if this applies to Rafa or if there were things like registrations for managers (as with players) that he'd have to be released from before he could take another job.  I have no idea if he can or can't do this as I said when I posted it, I just said that that's the law here.

Rafa would be a dream come true.  I don't think there will be a massive xfer kitty but enough to fill the holes with quality players and shift some deadwood.  There will be a massive investment in infrastructure.  I'd love to see Rafa see his dream to completion.  And it seems like with the situation in China, the stars may be aligning for a return.

Poch has been campaigning for the job and he's my 2nd choice.

Both would be fastidious in their preparation.

Transphobe 😮

Right, that's about 5 pages deleted that didn't need to be in here at all. Fuck it, it can stay locked for a few days.

Take your fucking petty squabbles somewhere else, pricks.

Looks like there's a few journos rehashing some older stories on Rafa being the favourite over Poch in the last couple of days, I guess it's THAT quiet with the takeover. Rafa would still be my first choice, by the time this takeover gets done he might even be out of contract with his current team!!!

Who do you think top end players will want to come here and play for more, Rafa or poch?

Saudi money is Saudi money.

Top end players will come for Steve Bruce if you splashed enough cash.  Mark Hughes got Carlos Tevez to ditch Manchester United to come play for him.