Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

9 hours ago, jackyboy said:

I often wonder if Rafa regularly talks to Amanda about the situation regarding the takeover. I tell myself that he is just waiting for the moment

The stars do seem to be aligning assuming the takeover talk by the summer is accurate. He's still available, and I can't imagine Staveley isn't keeping him informed if we are approaching endgame. 

His quotes four years ago today, after the 2-0 win at Cardiff:

Rafa said:

"I’m really pleased, because I think the players were doing so well all season, especially away, that it was a pity not to have broken the record before.

"To do it today after the promotion and be closer to Brighton is quite positive for everyone.

"After promotion we gave them a day off. During the week they were training well. I think they were quite focused. You could see, especially in the second half, that we played very good football.

"Something that they 
(Brighton) have is experience. 

"We did our job - we’re happy with that. Also, when you play away, always it’s good for your fans if you can win, and especially if it’s a long, long trip.

"I think that the fans were delighted and hopefully they can go back even happier."

:lol: Ah, to have a real manager. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

His quotes four years ago today, after the 2-0 win at Cardiff:

Rafa said:

"I’m really pleased, because I think the players were doing so well all season, especially away, that it was a pity not to have broken the record before.

"To do it today after the promotion and be closer to Brighton is quite positive for everyone.

"After promotion we gave them a day off. During the week they were training well. I think they were quite focused. You could see, especially in the second half, that we played very good football.

"Something that they 
(Brighton) have is experience. 

"We did our job - we’re happy with that. Also, when you play away, always it’s good for your fans if you can win, and especially if it’s a long, long trip.

"I think that the fans were delighted and hopefully they can go back even happier."

:lol: Ah, to have a real manager. 

I won't be happy until Rafa is back to finish what he started. He''ll have to start again thanks to Mr. No Tactics though

Edited by Bishops Finger

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sad thing is Bruce has set him back at least 2 years. It’ll be like the 17/18 season again.

Our defence is intact mostly, will only take him pre-season to get the defensive players back up to speed.

plus he might actually be able to sign more ready made players

He'd soon get this squad into shape but if we're talking about him being here it's only cos he'd have a competitive budget anyway, so you'd expect plenty of changes to personnel. Imagine Rafa coming in and kicking Shelvey to the curb immediately. Mint. 

31 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

He'd soon get this squad into shape but if we're talking about him being here it's only cos he'd have a competitive budget anyway, so you'd expect plenty of changes to personnel. Imagine Rafa coming in and kicking Shelvey to the curb immediately. Mint. 

Wonder who his Rondon would be?

27 minutes ago, Anderson said:

"Steve's giving you how many days off?!"

Aye, the conversations he has with them must be belter. Matt Ritchie's probably been trying to smuggle his tactics in for the last 2 years.