Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Abacus said:

Don't know if this has been posted here yet, from the Times. Maybe sounds like a "Get me out of here"?

Rafa has direct contacts to Brown, McParland and Mandy. He won't need to use the Media to get his message across if he is really looking to leave

On 06/11/2021 at 15:46, manorpark said:

Does anyone think that in a few years time Rafa might be interested in becoming a DoF here?

I cannot see Rafa ever being interested in a DoF role. He's a coach, pure and simple. When he retires he'll still find a way to do something along those lines.

5 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Rafa was wearing a black and white tie at the Everton Spurs game today [emoji38]

Anyone got a picture?

Blue and white…

Went onto an Everton forum and this is the first post I saw:

The reality is this man does not actively manage or coach teams. He simply puts the players he has on the pitch with very limited or possibly no input from himself.

He then waits for the next transfer window and sees what that brings.

That’s not my definition of a top manager or even an average one.

:ructions:

11 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Went onto an Everton forum and this is the first post I saw:

The reality is this man does not actively manage or coach teams. He simply puts the players he has on the pitch with very limited or possibly no input from himself.

He then waits for the next transfer window and sees what that brings.

That’s not my definition of a top manager or even an average one.

:ructions:

Whoever wrote that just proves to the world they knows fuck all about football. Just a thick tosser trying to have a go at Rafa and embarrassing themselves in the process

You know Rafa is no longer our manager right? And he’s also a human and like all other managers, will make mistakes from time to time? Just don’t get the obsession now, on a forum where Everton fans are often weirdly called “scouse mackems” but people also (rightly) complain about lazy generalising of fanbases. 

I think he needs some proper time off once this debacle ends. China and this job, plus the tail end of his time here have not been kind to him.

If he’s interested, offer him a technical director role. Let him implement all the structure at the club he dreamed of and let him do it while he doesn’t have to worry about coaching the first team. Then when the time comes, if he has the appetite to take the reigns give him the opportunity.

Imagine what he could do in a couple of years.

1 hour ago, St. Maximin said:

You know Rafa is no longer our manager right? And he’s also a human and like all other managers, will make mistakes from time to time? Just don’t get the obsession now, on a forum where Everton fans are often weirdly called “scouse mackems” but people also (rightly) complain about lazy generalising of fanbases. 

Everton fans deserve it to tbh. They really don’t like us. Never have. I would say they’ve done their fair share of generalising us in the past. Their forums despise us too.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching City Everton game back, Neville and Redknapp can't stop themselves from giving Rafa and Newcastle by extension shit for not going toe-to-toe with one of best footballing sides in the world. 

Before games even kicked off the commentator is saying about Rafa's game against City that we lost 1-0, Neville piping up 'anti-football' - all conveniently forgetting the time when we actually beat them! 

Half time Redknapp's moaning on that Newcastle fans might accept sitting off City, but Everton fans won't; totally ignoring the pittance and lack of quality Rafa had to work with us, and fact that Everton have a £50M striker up front, £30M odd winger brought off the bench and god knows however £100s of millions spent on the squad.