Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Come back, Rafa. 

Probably unpopular and it would make us look trigger happy and desperate but If there was even a remote possibility it could happen we should be all over it. 

Just now, Wandy said:

Mods should put a poll up on this thread asking if people should sack Howe next week and bring Rafa back if Everton give him the boot in the next few days. Results would be interesting to see.

I’m really unsure, tbh.

I really want Howe to do well and wouldn’t advocate sacking him at all. I also worry Rafa is coming back to us after two really poor jobs and failures at both.

But I know what Rafa can do at this club, I’ve see it with my own eyes.

I

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I’m really unsure, tbh.

I really want Howe to do well and wouldn’t advocate sacking him at all. I also worry Rafa is coming back to us after two really poor jobs and failures at both.

But I know what Rafa can do at this club, I’ve see it with my own eyes.

I think Benitez would keep us up this season but long term I doubt he'd do anything for us and within a season or two we'd be back in a similar position to where we are now, albeit a bit higher up in the league. I think he's probably done as a top level manager.

I like Howe as a person and I think the guy is a very decent manager but at the moment it looks like this job is too big for him and I highly doubt he will bring trophy-winning or CL-qualifying success for us in the future.

Guest reefatoon

I’d be worried to get Rafa back like. He’s been a busted flush in his last two appointments. If he gets the sack though, he’s going to be linked constantly, which isn’t really going to help either.

Think Rafa will get until the end of the season. You don't sanction signings and outgoings only to get rid of the manager who wanted them a week later.

Regarding our match with Everton in a few weeks, have a horrible feeling that because Rafa has a bit of knowledge of the weaknesses of our (current) starting CBs and LBs (because it's not really changed in 2/3 years) that he'll be able to exploit it and get a win.

11 minutes ago, joeyt said:

It is weird that they've sold one of their best players because he fell out with the manager and then they sack the manager a week later

It's Everton... they've been a nuthouse for years now. They are in complete shambles.

8 minutes ago, Sifu said:

Think Rafa will get until the end of the season. You don't sanction signings and outgoings only to get rid of the manager who wanted them a week later.

Regarding our match with Everton in a few weeks, have a horrible feeling that because Rafa has a bit of knowledge of the weaknesses of our (current) starting CBs and LBs (because it's not really changed in 2/3 years) that he'll be able to exploit it and get a win.

I'm not sure Rafa having an intimate knowledge of our shite is any added benefit whatsoever, I think everyone knows we are complete shit and don't have the mentality to win/close games out.

If I were a manager I wouldn't be sweating at all, it's a case of when you score against us, not if.

1 minute ago, St. Maximin said:

Not sure how you can guarantee that given we’ve only been relegated under one of those managers and it wasn’t Howe. 

I mean Rafa got more points than we've gotten so far this season in his just 10 games when we got relegated with him as manager- not that I'm advocating bringing Rafa in now.