Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

It’s not worked out for him. No surprises if he gets sacked. It clearly doesn’t sound like just a case of bad luck and there’s only so much blaming the ‘scouse mackems’ you can keep doing. 

I understand the long-term thinking in getting him back but why do people think he’s ideal to keeping us up? His last two appointments were shocking and he didn’t keep us up last time, albeit in less time but with a much better squad. 

3 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

He just needs to be given more time.

He takes a while to implement his style, whether it works or not. He might even do a great job long-term if he returns, but I still think this would be too soon to keep us up and that’s the priority now. And I wouldn’t be too confident if Everton is anything to go by. 

Edited by St. Maximin

2 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

It’s not worked out for him. No surprises if he gets sacked. It clearly doesn’t sound like just a case of bad luck and there’s only so much blaming the ‘scouse mackems’ you can keep doing. 

I understand the long-term thinking in getting him back but why do people think he’s ideal to keeping us up? His last two appointments were shocking and he didn’t keep us up last time, albeit in less time but with a much better squad. 

I think he'd have us playing to our strengths for a start. 

Just now, nufcnick said:

I would take relegation tomorrow if it means getting Rafa back, I have far more confidence in Rafa getting us back up over Howe 

It’s not just that, Rafa would build the whole infrastructure of the club from top to bottom.

Just now, mofo said:

Personally think the fan's would turn on Rafa very quickly..

I don’t, they can see Howe is struggling to get a tune out of them, at least under Rafa we would have a plan and be well organised 

5 minutes ago, mofo said:

Personally think the fan's would turn on Rafa very quickly..

Agreed. He spent a good while building something and the fans were patient and it started to pay off. He represented everything Ashley wasn’t and was a massive coup for the club at the time. 

Say hypothetically he came back. I don’t think he gets that sort of time and patience again. We don’t have time, either. 

His successor spent his whole time here undoing all Rafa’s good work. Howe is now trying to get us to be more than a deep defending, ball surrendering, pragmatic/negative, counter attacking team. Then Rafa would come back in to try and change it all round again? At least most of the players were here at the same time, I guess :lol: 

If he was available and interested when Bruce went. I think I would have wanted him back. Now, I don’t think he’d come back, nor do I think I would want him to at this moment in time. Maybe in the future, who knows?! 

I feel like it is time to try and go in a new direction. Not that it is going very well at the minute! 

Guest neesy111

He's been shite there, no other way to paint it.  If he's sacked then he only has himself to blame really as he knew what he was letting himself in for.