Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

You can say that yeah, but now Howe has Trippier and Wood so nowhere to hide. Either way we had the same midfield. 

Well he has Trippier. Wood makes no positive change to the team at all and that one is on Howe.

3 minutes ago, AsproHor8319 said:

Hes guilty of taking on more jobs than he needs to, thats true. A bit like De Niro the actor.

Rafa was never going to succeed at Everton, you dont call a club a small club & expect the fans to forget that, especially Evertonians, not to mention he managed Liverpool previously. When the fans are against you, the players will soon realise this especially with upstarts like Digne. He was fighting a losing battle from day one. 

He took on Real Madrid & Chelsea also when he shouldnt have. It doesnt mean he's not quality though. The fact he even managed clubs of those calibre previously says it all. 

When a club & its players buy into his methods though, he can achieve great things. Winning a La Liga with Valencia, Champions League with Liverpool to name a few of his achievements. 

What has Howe done?? Sweet fuck all & never managed a club of this size. Going on with his data analysis & strategies which havent worked anywhere besides Bournemouth who are currently in the championship. Players are laughing at him behind his back & it shows. 

Taking a team from League two to the PL and keeping them there for several seasons is not "fuck all" :lol:

2 minutes ago, AsproHor8319 said:

Hes guilty of taking on more jobs than he needs to, thats true. A bit like De Niro the actor.

Rafa was never going to succeed at Everton, you dont call a club a small club & expect the fans to forget that, especially Evertonians, not to mention he managed Liverpool previously. When the fans are against you, the players will soon realise this especially with upstarts like Digne. He was fighting a losing battle from day one. 

He took on Real Madrid & Chelsea also when he shouldnt have. It doesnt mean he's not quality though. The fact he even managed clubs of those calibre previously says it all. 

When a club & its players buy into his methods though, he can achieve great things. Winning a La Liga with Valencia, Champions League with Liverpool to name a few of his achievements. 

What has Howe done?? Sweet fuck all & never managed a club of this size. Going on with his data analysis & strategies which havent worked anywhere besides Bournemouth who are currently in the championship. Players are laughing at him behind his back & it shows. 

You are having a mare in your first few posts, dude. Not saying Howe is beyond criticism (plenty of reasonable criticism to aim at him so far), but dismissing his achievements at Bournemouth is just utterly ridiculous. You sound like a duo acolyte here.

50 minutes ago, AsproHor8319 said:

Newcastle United fans are far too accepting of cuntish owners & out of their depth managers. Newcastle united should have been boycotted under Ashley & subsequently forced him into a position of where he needed to sell the club. Same as Liverpool did with Hicks & Gillett. 

Now we finally have serious owners in charge & people are far too tolerant of a manager who has had a shocking start to his reign. Its clear as day the players are not buying into his methods. Howe is a championship level manager at best that struck lucky with Bournemouth before he relegated them. Hes unable to attract any real quality but managed to get lucky with Trippier who was interested in coming home & signing into a fat contract in his later years.  Wood for 25m has been a shocking transfer. He was so far out of his depth on Saturday it wasnt funny. 

Get Benitez in now, he's a winner, he will have far superior contacts in the game to Howe, he knows the majority of the team & the pl inside out, knows how to organise a defence, the fans love & respect him. It's a no brainer, if Howe stays, we're done.

So you joined 50 mins ago and put in two post about Howe -  you are full of shit and going mute, you fucking turd!

Everton fans in complete meltdown mode about Martinez :lol: Whilst I was scrolling through their forum, chuckling to myself while I eat honey roasted peanuts, I found this:

"Martinez doesn't really do that. It's rare for us to work on set-pieces. You're given your roles, you're supposed to understand them and if you don't, find out, think for yourself. That was a big changeover for us."

"We questioned why we weren't working on set-pieces and Graeme Jones, the assistant manager, said: "How many do you have to defend in a game? Three? So why would we spend two hours standing around to defend three set-pieces when we could work on moving the ball"

Apparently a quote from a player during his first reign at Everton. Fucking worrying quote from Jones that like :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

The whole "This squad finished 12th last season" does my head in. We were in a relegation battle all of last season and due to the congestion at the bottom managed to get 12th by winning our last two games. In that time we stood still keeping the same squad whilst everyone else strengthened. 

We achieved 45 points with pretty much the same team for gods sake last season. We've played 20 games so far this season & are on 12 points. It doesnt take a genius to realise we're way behind where we were with Howe's "tactics". They are having an even more negative effect on the team than Bruce's ever was. 

Just now, AsproHor8319 said:

We achieved 45 points with pretty much the same team for gods sake last season. We've played 20 games so far this season & are on 12 points. It doesnt take a genius to realise we're way behind where we were with Howe's "tactics". They are having an even more negative effect on the team than Bruce's ever was. 

:lol: You're fucking AIDS, you. 

3 minutes ago, AsproHor8319 said:

:dowiespin:

Been thinking on about him coming back here and its a no from me. Had this all happened in the summer he'd be my No1 target but right now we can't ditch a manager 10 games in to his career just because another one comes available. Again next summer up or down its still a no for me. Everywhere he goes its a political struggle and its something we could do without. 

10 minutes ago, AsproHor8319 said:

Problem is, Everton’s form with Rafa was even worse that Howe’s with NUFC in the time since joining.  Everton have a stronger side than us, I reckon.

The number of points achieved in previous seasons isn’t always a guide to what happens the following year.  At Newcastle alone, I’ve seen a side finish 13th (and be a lot closer to the drop than that suggests) after finishing 2nd the year before, having been top six for four years.  I’ve also seen one finish 14th after 5th, also after three years in the top five.

The side was creaking for some time.  The blame for it falling to pieces hardly lies with Howe - what Howe can be criticised for (to me) is not finding a way to make a poor side win - something Dean Smith has at Norwich.  This side was 100% certain to go down under Bruce. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Been thinking on about him coming back here and its a no from me. Had this all happened in the summer he'd be my No1 target but right now we can't ditch a manager 10 games in to his career just because another one comes available. Again next summer up or down its still a no for me. Everywhere he goes its a political struggle and its something we could do without. 

That's where I am albeit feeling slightly conflicted about being there [emoji38]

17 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

You are having a mare in your first few posts, dude. Not saying Howe is beyond criticism (plenty of reasonable criticism to aim at him so far), but dismissing his achievements at Bournemouth is just utterly ridiculous. You sound like a duo acolyte here.

He's achieved things in the lower divisions, yes, but thats not going to get you anywhere when you play in the top division. Did it save Chris Wilder from losing his job at Sheffield United. 

Pull your head out of your ass. If we can get someone of the Calibre of Bernitez, get him. 

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Considering I was petrified of getting Martinez in our position, Everton fans (who obviously already have first hand experience of his shitness)...I can't lie to you about your chances but you have my sympathies.

Fuck, didn't realise they were going after Martinez.  He will probably keep them up tbh, even if he is useless, they have a very good squad.  The problem with Everton this season hasn't been Rafa, it has been the toxic environment their fans created, that some of their players picked up on.  I'd have preferred Rafa over anyone when the takeover went through but Eddie has my full backing.  I really like him and it takes a long time for his methods to work (same as Rafa in that respect tbh).  

1 hour ago, Barnes23 said:

Sorry, but this is totally baseless. People want it to be true, because he's the manager we happen to have. But on the evidence of the first 10 games, I'm not sure how anyone could reach that conclusion. It would be premature to talk of relieving him of his duties right now, perhaps, but the pressure should absolutely be on because we don't have time to waste. Talk of persisting with him even if we go down, not even factoring in what our performances could look like from now until the end of the season, is even crazier. We have no obligation to the man; this kind of undue loyalty totally clouds the possibility of any kind of critical thinking about the direction we need to take going forward.  

I don’t believe there’s a single manager we could realistically hire at this point who’d be better positioned to keep up this squad than Howe. Anyone we get in would be starting from square one AGAIN, albeit with the same squad; it’s not plug-n-play. We’ve committed to Howe to let him implement his system come hell or high water. It’ll either come off this season and we’ll stay up, or he’ll be revamping the squad next season in the Championship.

Y’all are kidding yourselves if you think Howe was hired as a mercenary manager with the sole mandate to keep the squad in the Premier League. He’s quite clearly someone PIF is investing in with a view to the bigger picture. *Even if that means we’re going down with him.*

And it has nothing to do with loyalty to Howe. He’s working with Bruce’s broken squad, trying to get them playing actual football instead of “hoof it up field and run around a bit, lads.” I’m not saying results haven’t been disappointing and we’re not in need of significant investment. 

1 minute ago, AsproHor8319 said:

He's achieved things in the lower divisions, yes, but thats not going to get you anywhere when you play in the top division. Did it save Chris Wilder from losing his job at Sheffield United. 

Pull your head out of your ass. If we can get someone of the Calibre of Bernitez, get him. 

He's achieved things in this division as well.  Hard to compare with Rafa tbh.  Completely different style but both focus on fitness and set up, both take a long time for the players to drill into them what they want.  Look at either of them at any club.

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Fuck, didn't realise they were going after Martinez.  He will probably keep them up tbh, even if he is useless, they have a very good squad.  The problem with Everton this season hasn't been Rafa, it has been the toxic environment their fans created, that some of their players picked up on.  I'd have preferred Rafa over anyone when the takeover went through but Eddie has my full backing.  I really like him and it takes a long time for his methods to work (same as Rafa in that respect tbh).  

I wouldn't necessarily say Rafa's methods took a long time to work here (although that depends on what you'd define as a long time in fairness). We ended the 15/16 season 6 games unbeaten, conceding only 4 goals which were against Liverpool, Man City and Spurs. Not bad at all for a relegated side.

I'd have Rafa back, not so much because I want him back but because I have so little faith in Eddie Howe. 

I think one problem Howe has, is that his appointment made not one single fan go "wow". Some though he was a good fit, others had huge reservations, but no-one thought we were punching above our weight. Everyone was prepared to back him, but they need to see at least some improvement and there needs to be at least an acceptable level of results. That hasn't happened.

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

I'd have Rafa back, not so much because I want him back but because I have so little faith in Eddie Howe. 

I think one problem Howe has, is that his appointment made not one single fan go "wow". Some though he was a good fit, others had huge reservations, but no-one thought we were punching above our weight. Everyone was prepared to back him, but they need to see at least some improvement and there needs to be at least an acceptable level of results. That hasn't happened.

Appointing Rafa now would not make me go WOW sorry 

9 minutes ago, Sean said:

You seem unable to grasp that 89% of them are utter fucking shite