Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's hilarious. You go on Grand Old Team and somehow Geordies are apparently the yardstick for all unreasonable fans. Crackers. Not only did the vast majority of our lot sit on their hands during the worst times, but to get that slaver from Everton fans... :lol:

The irony of those two photos is beautiful. :lol:

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

It's hilarious. You go on Grand Old Team and somehow Geordies are apparently the yardstick for all unreasonable fans. Crackers. Not only did the vast majority of our lot sit on their hands during the worst times, but to get that slaver from Everton fans... :lol:

Scouse Mackems 

8 hours ago, TBG said:

53243211-10430289-image-m-140-1642868196

Vs

FJttXLHWUAMwzPS?format=jpg&name=small

Yet we're the deluded ones.

Was going to post this exact post when I seen that Everton banner on the news this morning. 

Edited by Scoot

17 hours ago, Heron said:

Don't know why loads of pundits and commentators dislike Benitez. He's a pleasant chap who's won plenty. Very bizarre. 

It's mostly since he had a go at ferguson who was and still is darling of British press . This was 2008-09 when he almost won the pl with Liverpool i think .

9 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Watched them today and they were absolutely shite. Villa weren’t even that good themselves but cantered to an easy victory.

Considering all of the players apparently disliked Rafa and his methods, doesn’t look like they’ve responded to his sacking at all.

Would love them to go down like, it won’t happen, but I’d love it.

I have said it previously, rafa had nothing to do with their failings, they have done it to themselves from last 5-6 years , i mean who buys players like iwobi, keane, Gomes for 25-35 m. I have watched some of their matches strangely even after spending 500 m  they have a very thin squad of below average players. 2 of their best players were rafa buying , and only class player i found was richarlison , but he missed almost whole season alongside DCL, and their only decent defender mina was out injured as well. I think rafa had both hands tied behind his back with that kind of useless squad, but he might not have imagined their only 3 decent players will be out for whole season. I would say, he was at a very wrong place and at a very wrong time, and with that kind of shit fans you don't have much time.

On 22/01/2022 at 21:43, HUGZ said:

I love how we’ve all got an irrational (?) hatred of this lot :lol: I can’t even explain why I hate them, it’s just in me.

Goes back to the early Premier League years. Completely got on their nerves that after they were one of the big 5 in the 80s, we rocked up and took their place near the top of the table while they started to struggle.

I don’t hate them, but I find the “Scouse Mackem” moniker equally fitting and hilarious.

The weird thing is, they can be class when they want to, dealt with Arsenal quite easily, but none of the players gave two shits about playing for Rafa.

Personally have complete indifference towards Everton. Know a couple irl, good lads. This bizarre Newcastle-Everton hatred seems to be an online thing, never met an Evertonian who hates us like those on Twitter or GOT or vice versa for us tbh. The banner thing, I'm not going to be one telling fans of other clubs what they should or shouldn't expect. We had it for over a decade with Ashley and Pardew, Bruce, et al. That 'fans demand the best' banner, isn't that to do with their motto? Nil stasis nisi optimum translates to more or less 'nothing but the best' doesn't it? Isn't that banner a play on that? They also, like us, saw right through and despised Allardyce whilst the media constantly shouted them and us down. While the mackems adore(d) him. While it would be funny if they went down as a club their size shouldn't be in the Championship I won't be outwardly celebrating like, be too busy celebrating our own survival should we achieve it. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Paully said:

They were six points above the relegation zone when he was appointed!

Factor in the fact that Man U and Chelsea barely lifted a finger against them - they have been quite fortunate 

late equaliser vs Leicester - 108th min goal vs us 

11 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Factor in the fact that Man U and Chelsea barely lifted a finger against them - they have been quite fortunate 

late equaliser vs Leicester - 108th min goal vs us 

Tbf they could say we had a soft free kick win V Leeds, free kick the difference with Villa, win V 10men at Brentford and injury time winner VLeicester.