Jump to content

Rafa Benítez


Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

    • Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Went onto an Everton forum and this is the first post I saw:

 

The reality is this man does not actively manage or coach teams. He simply puts the players he has on the pitch with very limited or possibly no input from himself.

He then waits for the next transfer window and sees what that brings.

That’s not my definition of a top manager or even an average one.

 

:ructions:

Whoever wrote that just proves to the world they knows fuck all about football. Just a thick tosser trying to have a go at Rafa and embarrassing themselves in the process

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

Whoever wrote that just proves to the world they knows fuck all about football. Just a thick tosser trying to have a go at Rafa and embarrassing themselves in the process

God damn, that is some stupid shit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You know Rafa is no longer our manager right? And he’s also a human and like all other managers, will make mistakes from time to time? Just don’t get the obsession now, on a forum where Everton fans are often weirdly called “scouse mackems” but people also (rightly) complain about lazy generalising of fanbases. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he needs some proper time off once this debacle ends. China and this job, plus the tail end of his time here have not been kind to him.

 

If he’s interested, offer him a technical director role. Let him implement all the structure at the club he dreamed of and let him do it while he doesn’t have to worry about coaching the first team. Then when the time comes, if he has the appetite to take the reigns give him the opportunity.

 

Imagine what he could do in a couple of years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, St. Maximin said:

You know Rafa is no longer our manager right? And he’s also a human and like all other managers, will make mistakes from time to time? Just don’t get the obsession now, on a forum where Everton fans are often weirdly called “scouse mackems” but people also (rightly) complain about lazy generalising of fanbases. 


 

Everton fans deserve it to tbh. They really don’t like us. Never have. I would say they’ve done their fair share of generalising us in the past. Their forums despise us too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Watching City Everton game back, Neville and Redknapp can't stop themselves from giving Rafa and Newcastle by extension shit for not going toe-to-toe with one of best footballing sides in the world. 

 

Before games even kicked off the commentator is saying about Rafa's game against City that we lost 1-0, Neville piping up 'anti-football' - all conveniently forgetting the time when we actually beat them! 

 

Half time Redknapp's moaning on that Newcastle fans might accept sitting off City, but Everton fans won't; totally ignoring the pittance and lack of quality Rafa had to work with us, and fact that Everton have a £50M striker up front, £30M odd winger brought off the bench and god knows however £100s of millions spent on the squad.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder how Rafa truly feels about being at Everton, especially now our takeover has happened.

 

They have got Liverpool next Wednesday and I think it could be the day the Scouse Mackems crowd turn on him if they get stuffed and the Liverpool fans are chanting his name. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He was on a hiding to nothing when he took the job and it was a strange move. Much like his China move.

 

Everton’s recent performances have been absolutely minging. But we know he tends to finish stronger, so will be interesting to see how he does over the course of the season, if he gets that far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Wonder how Rafa truly feels about being at Everton, especially now our takeover has happened.

 

They have got Liverpool next Wednesday and I think it could be the day the Scouse Mackems crowd turn on him if they get stuffed and the Liverpool fans are chanting his name. 

 

It think he's safe no matter. The owners will be seeing how he operates and that'll be enough to convinve them to ignore the noise. 

 

 

Edited by Thumbheed

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching MOTD saw it mentioned that Ivan Toney was actually at Newcastle for 3 years and only got 4 sub appearances. Must admit, along with Mbabu I just don't understand what Rafa didn't like. Can only assume it was the lifestyle,when you look at some of the players we kept on, were they so much better?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TRon said:

Watching MOTD saw it mentioned that Ivan Toney was actually at Newcastle for 3 years and only got 4 sub appearances. Must admit, along with Mbabu I just don't understand what Rafa didn't like. Can only assume it was the lifestyle,when you look at some of the players we kept on, were they so much better?

 

 

 

I assume it was their lifestyle or not buying into what he wanted to achieve. Same reason he canned Mitro because he wouldn’t align with the fitness plan Rafa wanted.

 

Rafa wants model professionals like Rondon, who complies with exactly what he wants both on and off the pitch.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt about it; having Toney, Armstrong and Mbabu in the squad this year and last would improve us no doubt, but you can't think they'd be the same players they are now even if they were afforded a chance. They've all left the club, and made something out of their careers and pushed on.

 

Especially forwards like Toney and Armstrong progressed and developed by being their sides main men from the off. Neither were at the level to be starting ahead of Gayle, Mitro, Perez or Murphy in Championship, let alone starting in PL. Rafa had to make do with Joselu, but even he was more fitting in Rafa's eyes to be trusted with minutes. Coming off the bench, and being fed to the wolves would have never made Toney or Armstrong the players they are now. 

 

Turning it up a notch, Chelsea can have the same gripe about KDB, Salah, Lukaku and even Cuardrado leaving the club; but all needed to leave, play games to progress their careers and develop into the players they became. Remember Mourinho talking about KDB coming to him saying he wants to play, and forced himself a move to Wolfsburg. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

 

I assume it was their lifestyle or not buying into what he wanted to achieve. Same reason he canned Mitro because he wouldn’t align with the fitness plan Rafa wanted.

 

Rafa wants model professionals like Rondon, who complies with exactly what he wants both on and off the pitch.

 

 

Yeah, nor sure how that applies in the modern era. Mourinho also binned off a lot of young talent at Chelsea and where is he now?

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

Wonder how Rafa truly feels about being at Everton, especially now our takeover has happened.

 

They have got Liverpool next Wednesday and I think it could be the day the Scouse Mackems crowd turn on him if they get stuffed and the Liverpool fans are chanting his name. 

As someone that hates Everton marginally more than Liverpool, that would be superb [emoji38]

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Robster said:

Dread to think what Everton forums are like currently.

 

To be fair, there aren’t many managers who could only take one win from 10 games and survive significant criticism. 

 

Especially the manner of some of those defeats. Losing 5-2 at home to Watford.


If he doesn’t turn this game around he’s going to need a miracle with the run they’ve got coming up.

 

 

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rich changed the title to Rafa Benítez

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...