Football Manager 2022

Been tempted to load up Football Manager again, always have loads of motivation for a save during a transfer window but think I will hold off until the winter update with anymore new signings we get.

Newcastle save on FM after the window shuts could be very fun especially if we get a few more quality signings through the door!

Used to play FM every release but a combination of work, disappointment with NUFC irl, plus increased game complexity meant I wasn't as die hard as before. New era now. Might consider getting this year's version when they update the transfers and bugs, and when the price drops.

Took the plunge and bought it last weekend, not been disappointed. Managing the Toon and spent roughly £249m just before the season started, on Kieron Trippier, Sven Botman, Diego Carlos, Boubacar Kamara, Yves Bissouma, Tyrick Mitchell, David Brooks and Dusan Vlahovic (though Kamara has been out since his second game and Brooks has a 'medical condition' keeping him out). Currently sat second in the league with the same points as the leaders after 7 games, though did get dumped out of the Carabao Cup by Chelsea. Deffo need another AMC for the formation I'm playing, maybe a new AMR too at some point just for depth.

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Going to do a Derby save.

I was literally thinking about this earlier on today, but my network save takes up a lot of my FM time.

It would be a lot of fun, although imagine if you could make it so Ashley took over after a few months...

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

I've had this since it was released and haven't touched it. At this point I'm waiting for Winter Update before I start anything. [emoji38] I think I'm getting too old for FM.

Think I’ve stumbled across a pretty big bug.

Used the 3 substitutes in a CL game, then get a player injured who has to go off so down to 10 (so far, fair enough).

Gets to Extra-Time however, and it wouldn’t let me use my extra substitution to replace the player who went off, but let me replace one of the remaining 10. Luckily won in Extra Time with the 10 men but that’s a bit shit. :lol:

On 19/01/2022 at 19:44, Optimistic Nut said:

Think I’ve stumbled across a pretty big bug.

Used the 3 substitutes in a CL game, then get a player injured who has to go off so down to 10 (so far, fair enough).

Gets to Extra-Time however, and it wouldn’t let me use my extra substitution to replace the player who went off, but let me replace one of the remaining 10. Luckily won in Extra Time with the 10 men but that’s a bit shit. :lol:

I noticed this also randomly the other day 

There's a some sort of shit show about feature lies or something. Seemingly all that progressive growth of countries isn't real, so if you takeover some backwater club... let's say... Celtic... and keep winning everything, Scotland will never develop as a nation. 

1 hour ago, OCK said:

There's a some sort of shit show about feature lies or something. Seemingly all that progressive growth of countries isn't real, so if you takeover some backwater club... let's say... Celtic... and keep winning everything, Scotland will never develop as a nation. 

Yeah, noticed this as well. Had a Rosenborg save back in the day, made them the best in the world and Norway rose to the top of the league rankings and everything - yet no Norwegian club started spitting out good kids so the comedown would be inevitable as you'd never be able to field a properly great team across the league without any Norwegian wonderkids to take over the Norwegian spots. You'd imagine the country would start generating some more talent upon seeing its teams be successful in Europe and not just always fall out of the qualifying rounds and so on.

Edited by Kaizero

1 hour ago, OCK said:

Naturally Miles handled the situation as delicately as always by getting his hands on the official SI Youtube account and posting a passive aggressive, condescending reply on the video.  

8 hours ago, Pandamninator said:

Naturally Miles handled the situation as delicately as always by getting his hands on the official SI Youtube account and posting a passive aggressive, condescending reply on the video.  

He's one of the most condescending dev's I've ever heard tbh. I thought they sorted this issue though. Remember a comment about South Americans more likely to be volatile or something 🤣

Spent several hours scouting players in January, sold for 22,500,000 and bought 6 new players for 19,750,000. However, when I select the squad for my first league match after the window closes, I realize that I have not registered them.

6 hours ago, La Parka said:

I'm managing Doncaster Rovers ATM, Villica is obscene at this level. 2nd heading to Christmas time. 

You can play him in the PL and he's the same. In fact any and all levels. I buy him or loan him for every game i play. He's basically a cheat mode.