Football Manager 2022

Tooj

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

Dorsin, Tommy Jansson (?),

Dorsin good shout and can play D/DMC (R/L/C). Also Erik Edman (DL) is semi-decent. Couldn't find Jansson though.

You inspired me. Only played one game (Rudiger the sole remaining stain on my Freedom starting XI) but I imagine it won't be too long before I get the boot. Though I did win the Super Cup 4-2...

bargainsgalore.PNG

usa1.PNG

Damn :lol: Impressive to get all of them in one transfer window. 

I started my Real Swediedad save on 01/02 yesterday and didn't manage to get a starting XI of swedes in the first two transfer windows. Reckon full team will be ready to go start of 2002 season.

Started a new game managing Newcastle with the updated squads etc. Finished fourth in the first season, thought that was good, a nice chance in the summer to close the gap between the big teams and myself. Nope :lol:. Apparently, it was actually the perfect chance for every other club to buy a world class striker. The summer transfer window looked something like this: 

Liverpool: Dybala (and JWP) 

Man City: Haaland (and Correa) 

Man U: Mbappe (as well as Sarabia, Nianzou and Bissouma) 

Chelsea: Zapata 

Arsenal: Edourard, Weghorst and Minamino. (Okay they're not world class) 

I was even beaten by PSG in buying Rice. 

Yet somehow Spur spend more money than anyone including £43million on Zaha and £36 million on Laborde from Rennes (who I've honestly never even heard of) and £5m on Luuk De Jong. 

At least I managed to get rid of Dubravka, Wood, Almiron, Krafth, Fernandez, Dummet, Gillespie, Shelvey and Hendrick this window. Although, literally couldn't even give Murphy and Gayle away. 

3 hours ago, Conjo said:

Damn :lol: Impressive to get all of them in one transfer window. 

I started my Real Swediedad save on 01/02 yesterday and didn't manage to get a starting XI of swedes in the first two transfer windows. Reckon full team will be ready to go start of 2002 season.

I won't lie, I'm not approaching it with much of a long term mindset. Intentionally joined a rich team with the best American & I'm overpaying for everyone. Can't sign Weston McKennie because he "just signed" for Juve. I opened myself to signing people born in the US too, so Canadian international Jonathan David has just signed for an astronomical fee.

But I can't get a second centre back if my life depended on it. The second best option is Matt Miazga, who is my player but I can't recall him from his loan :lol:

Saying all that, I just beat Burnley and Arsenal in my first games of the season... even though I went down to 10 men in both games. And Pulisic got injured in game 1. Was pretty upset when I had to start Kante and Lukaku vs Arsenal.

1 hour ago, Consortium of one said:

Ahmedhodzic and Mepham are both favorites of mine.

yeah I’ve had to tone the pair down as neither have done fuck all irl and I’ve been buying them for years. Scott can be a gem.

Started with the new update. Dan Burn is under rated. 

Top of the league after 9 games. 10th game. Big Joe and Bruno sent off. :lol: 

6 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Has anyone tried playing Wood up front by the way? Or are we all just binning him asap??

I tried him for a few games and he was outrageously good :lol:

Aye, he's crap. I never set up to use a target man, so that certainly won't help!

27 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Aye, he's crap. I never set up to use a target man, so that certainly won't help!

Not for me he wasnt. I always use advanced forward (at).

Untitled.png

Milan sniffing around my libero center back I picked up from an amateur side :(

Currently establishing my side in the polish prem, promoted season 2, then 3rd,2nd the last 2 seasons. Finally got the board to let me scout the world. I've got all the regens. 

I've got a couple of decent Americans, a fair few Bosnian and Bulgarians, and even an argie and Brazilian. I'd say my side are probably top half of championship equivalent. 

Got to the last 32 of the Euro conference before Copenhagen knocked me out. 

On 15/03/2022 at 11:35, OCK said:

A fan made data editor set discovered why the 'Top Clubs' always remain top, even if they're not winning things, as the default dataset renews all the pre-game sponsorship deals to an equal level when they expire. So the clubs always generate the same income. [emoji38]

Btw, i've tried several times to edit down Manu's finances and the editor crashes on me. Never ever has it crashed it the 15 years i've edited, yet if you try to adjust manu's finances it bombs out. 

• 4 weeks later...

First three seasons finished 3rd, 2nd & 1st with Newcastle, squad is currently:

GK: Livakovic, Woodman, Gillespie

RB: Aarons, Mbabu

LB: Hickey, Targett

RCB: Zabarnyi, Nelsson

LCB: Inacio, Zagadou

CM: Ward-Prowse, Bellingham, Kamara, Bruno

AM: Paqueta, Anderson

RW: Angelo, Raphinha

LW: Chiesa, Maximin

CF: Nunez, Gomez

Is it just me or is this game ridiculous easy now? For years I'd just default selected Global Superstar and top coaching qualifications without thinking about it, so assumed that might be why it's so easy and I started a new save with just about every nation and league available. I was a Sunday League footballer, and the lowest qualifications and also unemployed. Kept applying for jobs, eventually got taken in by Hungry Lions, South African Div 2 side. Win the league, apply for job at Madgeburg United in the top league in SA. Also decide to apply for national jobs and get given the Pakistan job. :lol: 

Win the top division that season and FA cup, and move on from my Pakistan job to Gabon. Did okay with Pakistan but it was brutal losing so much but once I started arranging friendlies with teams somehow worse than us we shot up from 200th to 182nd in ranking. Shortly after appointed manager of VVV-Venlo in Holland (cue remove South African league, it was fucking miserable, never want to see it again). Won the African Championship of Nations with the B side before I joined VVV, which as far as I could tell was what boosted my rep enough to start getting chances of getting out of SA. Don't do as well as hoped in Holland, come 4th three seasons in a row, but still good considering I was tipped for relegation the first two years, consistently made it in to Europe so that helped. Move on from Gabon to Mali for a short period, then Nigeria want me. Win the African Cup of Nations with them, I get more reputation, leave VVV to take over at... Rangers :lol:. As can imagine, it's a walkover every season here. Get to quarters of the CL with them 2 seasons running. Then I'm offered the Spain job also. As Rangers manager I'm being offered all sorts of cracking jobs, Dortmund, Sevilla, Valencia, those types, but go another season to try and win the CL. Doesn't happen, but reckon I could eventually do it. Get bored of the Scottish league though, so I've just taken the Man Utd job. 

Thing is I used to be a dirty cheating bastard that just save-loaded all the time, but the last few saves I've quit that and still doing really well. I don't even want to say how well the Man U job is going. 

EDIT: Maritzburg, not Madgeburg. Soz.

EDIT EDIT: It's so ridiculous, I've taken to sabotaging myself and selling all my best players so I don't win a 6 CL in a row with Man U. Farcical. I get the need not to make it too hard, it'll kill the enthusiasm of the general player, but there ought to be something you can select in options to make this a bit harder.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Any promotion/relegation updates yet? Tried the Sortitoutsi one but looks like it’s just a transfer update.

Check the forum, the files were uploaded separately.

• 1 month later...