Football Manager 2022

Tooj

Playing with the data update from 30/7.

So they have Haaland. Bought Kimmich, Reguilon, Pavard, Frenkie de Jong, Renato Sanches and Gnabry. Only lost Stones and Gundogan. Pep left and they hired Allegri. They play a 4-4-2 with Grealish as CM and Kimmich as RB.

Haaland so far.
21/22: 30 goals in 26 matches.

22/23: 40 goals in 36 matches.

23/24(current): 12 goals in 14 matches.

On 05/08/2022 at 08:32, Papavasiliou said:

I saw another one the other day where a guy's strat for finding 5* regens a few seasons in was just to go through every half decent national team and ask for a weeks report on everyone in their U17/U18/U21 teams. Weeks worth lets you filter out all the shite then you set them to re-scout the good ones again for another week and just keep doing that till you've whittled it down to the best ones.

You end up with close to 1000 on your list though so it's a full season job.

This has always been my method. Sometimes it's a bit late though and they've moved to decent clubs. 

I hate the press conferences before the semi-finals.

"So you have many without experience!"

In year 4 I had 90% of the players from year 1-3 and the new ones were Oblak, Foden, Theo Hernandez and Livramento. In year 5 it was 90% of the players from 1-4 as well as Pedri and Gabbia, where the last one played for me in years 1-3, sold to Inter in year 4, and bought back in year 5.

After 4.5 seasons, I have this squad.

GK: Oblak, Butland, Hazard (loan.

DR: Livramento, Royal(loan)

DC: Kounde, Tomori, Gabbia, White.

DL: Theo Hernandez, Regen.

DM: Valverde, Guimaraes.

MC: Pedri, Bellingham, Paqueta, De Ketelaere.

RW: Foden, Diaby.

LW: Musiala, Son.

ST: DCL, Sesko.

Is a ST and DC from 38-0-0, 150-0, 114p in the league.

Hope they fix the contracts in FM23.

Regen X after his first contract ends: Wants 50,000/week, 75,000/week after 10 games, 115,000 after 25 games. Then he has managed 1 ½ seasons in League One or the Championship

Double training in their best position until they're 18 (and try add some traits), then either loan them or start using them sporadically until they're early 20's, at which point it's use often or sell.

That's my methodology anyway. I found it helped to not always be hell-bent on picking your absolute best team for each match, which I used to do for years.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

12 hours ago, lxsln said:

Hope they fix the contracts in FM23.

Regen X after his first contract ends: Wants 50,000/week, 75,000/week after 10 games, 115,000 after 25 games. Then he has managed 1 ½ seasons in League One or the Championship

Aye I've been regen shopping the last few days and it's mad the amount of 16yos that won't even talk to me unless I guarantee they'll be in the starting XI.

No idea where they digital balls to ask for that with no senior apps and a transfer fee of £2mil.

It bothers me that old players have such bad stats in coaching.

Buffon: 2/3/2 gk.

Zlatan: 7 att, 3 mental, 5 technical.

Buffon should be at least 15+. If you have played for so long, you have attended 1000s of training sessions and learned a thing or two.

39yo Ronaldo just played 49 games this season grabbing 35 goals and 12 assists.

Maybe I'm just bitter about Man U coming back from a 2-0 deficit in the CL semis second leg to knock me out but god damn it how long does this ridiculous FM buff last on him?

How will that even work?

If you go after FM...

Group A

Match1 - Thursday - A vs B.

Match2 - Monday - A vs C.

Match3 - Friday - B vs C.

It won't be fair with the rest. And if B wins M1, and there is a tie in M2, then B and C can do like Sweden - Denmark and just agree beforehand (That's how it was) so A goes.

Edited by lxsln

I'm in 2032. I holiday mode til 2029 and Newcastle just won the league with Jao Pedro leading the line. 

So far I've managed:

Billericay - National South (left after 6 month, offered job)

Tamworth - National North (left after 1 year, offered job)

Hampden and Waterlooville - Conf (chairman was an asshole, left applied for jobs, I got them in the playoffs, season after l left they were relegated, good)

Oxford- promoted from league 2. When I took over in November they were in the bottom 2! 

After playing this series since cm2 I have my first son and he's absolute shit. I didn't notice him in my youth intake, and only saw his name in my news feed. He's going to follow me everywhere regardless. He also has a brother with a different surname, so I'm a stepdad to them. It appears they retired though. 🤣

Edited by La Parka

25 minutes ago, La Parka said:

After playing this series since cm2 I have my first son and he's absolute shit. I didn't notice him in my youth intake, and only saw his name in my news feed. He's going to follow me everywhere regardless. He also has a brother with a different surname, so I'm a stepdad to them. It appears they retired though. 🤣

I didn't even know that was a thing. Even if I saw it happen I'd probably just assume it was a random name generator related coincidence.

Speaking of, I just signed a 18yo Michel Platini on a free because why not.

• 2 weeks later...