Football Manager 2022

Tooj

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Just done the same thing, started a week before our first game.

Can't click continue until I've updated all the graphics though.

Done the same. Thinking 4-4-facking-2.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

This was on sale so gave it a go. Started a save with Kjelsås in 2. division, group 2 in Norway.

Kinda nice when players are part-time and you can't afford more than ~1-2 coaches and 1-2 scouts so you don't really have to dive so deep into hiring 1000's different staff and staff roles, scouting and training since it's a lot more limited what you can do if you don't have the funds or staff needed.

21 hours ago, La Parka said:

I'm trapped in the championship with Oxford in 2036/7. The 12k seater stadium is ruining us and I'm selling all my players to maintain us. Got a takeover! No financial input. 

Yes! Sold our star striker for 9m and can double the wage budget! Hooray! 

On 02/09/2022 at 18:46, Optimistic Nut said:

Played 6 games and Isak and Wilson have 6 each. Miggy LW, Maxi RW, Joelinton B2B and Bruno DLP. 

2 strikers? what is this 1996!?

I started a game at like 10pm last night. Decided to just start a game to look at the squad. Went to bed at 2am. Great start to the week.

On my new save my only summer signing was Guido Rodriquez for 22m. Bargain so far.

In my first winter window Donnarumma was transfer listed and Ive got him for 60m. Also got Paqueta for 51m - both coming in the summer.

I bought Lacroix, Pedro and Harvey Elliot in Jan and bouncing around in top four ten points clear of 5th. 

I've made a few mistakes in pervious saves buying too many new folk and then having an unhappy squad when they cant play in Europe since i have to cut spaces due to lack of home grown talent and I thought all under 20s automatically got a space. Played the touch version last couple of years where you never had to bother with any of that. So not going to splurge too much in the summer. Young RB and left winger and shadow striker and if I can shift a current CB a new one of those. 

Aberdeen bought a bunch of players this summer so I'm already thinking about a save with them instead. 

Fucks sake.

Isak has a release clause of 77m and in my game hes gome to Man City.

And that was after he wanted a new contract at the end of my first season. He wanted a star player role on 425k and I offered important player at 250k, which he refused. So he goes to Man City for 210k as an important player.

[emoji38]

On 02/09/2022 at 20:04, khay said:

Isak got three VAR disallowed goals against spurs. Dropped for Wilson now. 

So they haven't nerfed Mike Dean in this update? :lol:

For my tactic, I’ve found Wilson still to be the better player in the game. Arsenal are sniffing after Isak, will need to check his contract re-above. 

Isak did not have a release clause on my update. Lazarus must have had him just moved over rather than contract updated. 

Finished 3rd. Bought a bunch of Wonderkids, Bowen and Tomori. Could not resist Lodi as he was only 5 million after his loan with Forrest. 

8 hours ago, khay said:

Isak did not have a release clause on my update. Lazarus must have had him just moved over rather than contract updated

Finished 3rd. Bought a bunch of Wonderkids, Bowen and Tomori. Could not resist Lodi as he was only 5 million after his loan with Forrest. 

:blush:

Just started this with the September data update and no transfers first window. First time i've played 2022.

Normally go Geggenpressing 4231 with an advanced playmaker/attacking midfielder. Our squad doesnt really suit that so going with Bruno as DM instead.