Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

https://news.sky.com/story/staveley-hands-ashley-163300m-newcastle-bid-11136293

Sky News has learnt that Ms Staveley's PCP Capital Partners tabled a bid worth in the region of £300m to buy Newcastle from Mr Ashley late last week.

Wonder if it's the club that's leaked this then, to try and smoke out anyone else interested?

That s*** paper was right?!?! :lol:

:lol: f***ing hell, it was!

Has the takeover been confirmed like?

CPEjF9k.jpg

300m seems a fair price, but if I was Ashley I’d be looking at closer to 320m, so hopefully there is room for negotiating and a compromise will be met, one that doesn’t include exclusive advertising rights for SD for 20 years or something. If Ashley doesn’t sell now, he will never ever get a better offer from another person or persons and I can see the club becoming toxic once again. He has to sell, but me, I’d be looking for bit more.

Just know he's gonna sign some long-term contracts to promote SD for free or something right before he fucks off. Probably rename the ground again tbh.

Sky News has learnt that Ms Staveley's PCP Capital Partners tabled a bid worth in the region of £300m to buy Newcastle from Mr Ashley late last week.

Wonder if it's the club that's leaked this then, to try and smoke out anyone else interested?

CPEjF9k.jpg

Appalling language, that.

300m seems a fair price, but if I was Ashley I’d be looking at closer to 320m, so hopefully there is room for negotiating and a compromise will be met, one that doesn’t include exclusive advertising rights for SD for 20 years or something. If Ashley doesn’t sell now, he will never ever get a better offer from another person or persons and I can see the club becoming toxic once again. He has to sell, but me, I’d be looking for bit more.

Just know he's gonna sign some long-term contracts to promote SD for free or something right before he f***s off. Probably rename the ground again tbh.

I’d  take a ground rename for the next 10 years just to get rid of him, small price to pay

That s*** paper was right?!?! [emoji38]

[emoji38] f***ing hell, it was!

CPEjF9k.jpg

Have you got a problem with people enjoying positive news? Can you please take your misery to another thread?

Are you Mag in Peace?

Just know he's gonna sign some long-term contracts to promote SD for free or something right before he f***s off. Probably rename the ground again tbh.

I’d  take a ground rename for the next 10 years just to get rid of him, small price to pay

I really don't see them getting tied into an SD deal like. Serious people who'll have their own agenda and won't bow down to the fat man.

Hopefully.

CPEjF9k.jpg

Have you got a problem with people enjoying positive news? Can you please take your misery to another thread?

No problem. Just adding a dose of reality to the thread. The bid is well under MAs valuation of the club. The Daily Star or whatever haven't got it right, the takeover hasn't been confirmed. Is this an issue? There's a long way to get yet.

CPEjF9k.jpg

Have you got a problem with people enjoying positive news? Can you please take your misery to another forum?

FYP

Sky reporting on their article that the money behind the deal is partly Staveley’s and partly her ‘major Middle East investors’.

Pretty much matches all the rumours, that she wants a proper role for herself. :thup:

There was never any doubt of their interest, can’t believe people honestly thought it was a smoke screen not to spend in jan.  :lol:

This is where it gets interesting...this is make or brake. It’s all down to valuations from both sides.

Sky reporting on their article that the money behind the deal is partly Staveley’s and partly her ‘major Middle East investors’.

Pretty much matches all the rumours, that she wants a proper role for herself. :thup:

I expect us to be ambitious, but I don't see us spending ridiculous money. More than happy with that if that's how it gonna be :thup:

Wow!

Positive stuff this.

So, what does this mean?

- Due diligence has near enough been completed and they've felt they can put a value on it. This is great in itself*.

- They've looked at all of our potential liabilities and felt they could make an offer. Also great as the HMRC thing is surmountable.

- The offer is a serious one. You're not fucking about at that amount.

- There is a reason it's in the press. Someone has leaked it but, by the looks of it, PCP are waaayyy ahead of other possible interested parties which gives them a big big edge in relation to the Jan window and leaves the fat lad with a big dilemma. Leave it and wangle a better deal but have to risk upsetting Rafa and possibly getting relegated or take the money. I know what I would do.

* Even if this doesn't happen (for whatever reason......) the very fact that this has got to this point verifies/validates some earlier chat in here about the financial condition of the club. We're clearly fairly healthy in that respect. This means that, even if not now, we are 'buyable' in the future which is massive in it's own right.

If this had fallen over, during DD, that sends one hell of a negative message to the market and makes us damaged goods in many respects. That it hasn't is arguably the most positive point at this stage.

What we don't know:

- The offer will almost certainly come with clauses around it. For example, £200m up front, with £30m if we avoid relegation, £xm in an escrow account for the HMRC issue, possibly a deal on commercials (sports direct stuff) for a period and also the repayment of his loan (i.e: on what terms).

- What we don't know yet is whether the £300m is the headline figure or the WHOLE DEAL figure. This is a major issue. If it's really £200m up front with deferred payments, future contingencies etc then it won't be anywhere near as attractive as the figure indicates.

- However, if it starts at £300m, and then goes north when taking those issues above into account, then we'll near enough certainly have a new owner by Xmas.

- Finally, we still don't know the source of the money. Saudi's? It'd be great to know who the actual bidder is. We know who is doing the bidding. Not the bidder. I'd love to know the source as that'll give us all a good idea as to their likely approach and wider intentions.

In general, the offer they've made, has not just arrived from thin air. They would have had a very good idea as to what Ashley wanted for the place and what they felt they could offer. This would've been established long before DD started.

This is not a 'finger in the air or stab in the dark' valuation - this is absolutely intentional and with a view to doing a deal.