Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryders just said in his latest bashing of the keyboard, that the fee still aint been agreed between the two parties.

:rolleyes: but Rafa smiled

I'm sure Paperback is way more informed than Rafa like. Defo.

Just pointing out how ridiculously up and down this thread is :lol:

For those that haven't seen it, this is the exact wording of what's been talked about today:

You mentioned the transfer window before, how much easier would it make your job if you knew now how what you were going to have in January?

It's always helpful if you have information, so hopefully after the Everton game - and a win - we will have good news and everybody will be happy.

Are you hoping to hear a bit more this week about the money situation?

Yes, I hope so. I think it's important to know because we are working really hard with the scouts watching games and players everywhere and we have a lot of names but we cannot progress without knowing exactly how much we have.

I don't think he knows anything more than usual tbh, he hopes like everybody else does but i wouldn't take a lot from that quote tbh.

Look at me, look at me.

Not really, jesus christ you guys are weird. :lol:

All he said was hopefully we get some news, of course he hopes for that we all do. But i don't see that as inclination he knows something. I get you are all desperate for this to happen, but seriously take a break from this s*** and do something else.

Pretty much every response in here is the equivalent of a poor person scrounging for food, the desperation is utterly ridiculous that you are searching for any possible little light of possible news that isn't even news.

I don't particularly blame any of you for feeling that way, but having said that i personally would feel a lot better by ignoring it until we actually have some news. I'd go absolutely mental if i followed this crap as closely as some of you.

It will happen when it happens, coming here everyday and scrounging for any slight bit of info isn't healthy.

Mole ffs shud up, let us dream and be utterly weird  :lol:

For those that haven't seen it, this is the exact wording of what's been talked about today:

You mentioned the transfer window before, how much easier would it make your job if you knew now how what you were going to have in January?

It's always helpful if you have information, so hopefully after the Everton game - and a win - we will have good news and everybody will be happy.

Yes, I hope so. I think it's important to know because we are working really hard with the scouts watching games and players everywhere and we have a lot of names but we cannot progress without knowing exactly how much we have.

giphy.gif

Yeah, that's not really saying anything more than anybody could at this current moment in time. I really can't read that far in to it as to think it means anything other than it'd be nice if things progressed a bit more soon - there's nothing there suggesting anything's about to happen any more than anything else that's been said recently.

... as nice as it'd be  :mou:

He has aye, saw him spiced out at Haymarket this morning mumbling something about a takeover. Weirdo.

Saw him at the Monument an hour earlier. Thought he said takeaway, that's why I pointed him in the direction of the Haymarket.

Massively downhill from that point onwards, unfortunately. He went asking for spicy food and ended up with a bag of spice, those language barriers, man. Killer.

He has aye, saw him spiced out at Haymarket this morning mumbling something about a takeover. Weirdo.

Saw him at the Monument an hour earlier. Thought he said takeaway, that's why I pointed him in the direction of the Haymarket.

Massively downhill from that point onwards, unfortunately. He went asking for spicy food and ended up with a bag of spice, those language barriers, man. Killer.

quality bantz this. keep it going lads.

Yeah, that's not really saying anything more than anybody could at this current moment in time. I really can't read that far in to it as to think it means anything other than it'd be nice if things progressed a bit more soon - there's nothing there suggesting anything's about to happen any more than anything else that's been said recently.

... as nice as it'd be  :mou:

This is where I am at, to be honest.

He certainly pleased about something. Perhaps he's heard through Charnley that there's good news on the way, if they are due to meet this week.

Hard not to get our hopes up when you see his smiling face. Love the man.

He certainly pleased about something. Perhaps he's heard through Charnley that there's good news on the way, if they are due to meet this week.

Hard not to get our hopes up when you see his smiling face. Love the man.

Lee: Some great news Rafa

Rafa: What is that Lee?

Lee: I've got a big Christmas bonus.

Just watched Rafa's press conference and I agree that it was just one of his usual throwaway answers. Maybe lost in translation as in we'll all be happier with a win, not in relation to anything happening.

The sooner the end of January gets here and people can put this window to bed along with the takeover because some eventual heat may go in the right direction for once and that being Ashley.

You wouldn't look at him and think we'd picked up one point from seven games. He's coming across extremely optimistic, even if we are reading a bit too much into that specific quote.

Rafa's someone who's never afraid to hide his emotions; and if he's optimistic, I think the rest of us have good reason to be.

I think people are just looking for things that aren't there really.

Hope I'm wrong like...

i think the opposite i think people are looking to shrug it off just because of Ashley. Ashley is in a corner man unless he sells he will lose millions (either in this window to keep up or when the relegation happens as it surely will without major investment) and even he isn't that stupid. The meeting last week and Rafa saying hope for positive news when he has been very bolshi (rightly so) in the past makes it seem pretty obvious the deal is done and that's from a renowned pessimist. It's happening wait for the cigar to be lighted.