Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is there any relevance to the name Cantervale can't think of any myself

Cantervale is a music and food festival in Canterbury arranged by Canterbury boys highschool or something like that. Can't see any relevance in that though.

There it is:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/amanda-staveley-sets-up-new-14106830.amp?__twitter_impression=true

On Tuesday, Staveley registered a new company - Cantervale Ltd - but sources close to the businesswoman stress this is unrelated to her interest in Newcastle.

Staveley, like other entrepreneurs who hold a variety of business interests, establish companies on a regular basis - and sources suggest that Cantervale Ltd is not a holding company created in anticipation of a takeover of the Magpies.

There it is:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/amanda-staveley-sets-up-new-14106830.amp?__twitter_impression=true

On Tuesday, Staveley registered a new company - Cantervale Ltd - but sources close to the businesswoman stress this is unrelated to her interest in Newcastle.

Staveley, like other entrepreneurs who hold a variety of business interests, establish companies on a regular basis - and sources suggest that Cantervale Ltd is not a holding company created in anticipation of a takeover of the Magpies.

I call bullshit.

Fit and proper test has the be done within 14 days of the FA receiving the declaration

Extract from the FA guide on the test

Under The FA’s Regulations a person wishing to become an Officer of a club must sign a

declaration confirming that they are not subject to a Disqualifying Condition and provide it

to The FA for consideration. Within 14 days of receiving a Declaration The FA is required to

provide its written consent to the Club before that person may act as an Officer of the club.

A copy of the Declaration can be obtained on request by emailing [email protected] .

If it is "within 14 days of the declaration" (as said above) and this announcement/declaration is made on the 6th January (as it is being suggested it may be) then add on the 14 days from the 6th and you get to Rafa's mentioned date of 20th January.

It all fits !!!

Fit and proper test has the be done within 14 days of the FA receiving the declaration

Extract from the FA guide on the test

Under The FA’s Regulations a person wishing to become an Officer of a club must sign a

declaration confirming that they are not subject to a Disqualifying Condition and provide it

to The FA for consideration. Within 14 days of receiving a Declaration The FA is required to

provide its written consent to the Club before that person may act as an Officer of the club.

A copy of the Declaration can be obtained on request by emailing [email protected] .

If it is "within 14 days of the declaration" (as said above) and this announcement/declaration is made on the 6th January (as it is being suggested it may be) then add on the 14 days from the 6th and you get to Rafa's mentioned date of 20th January.

It all fits !!!

Hope so

There it is:

But she doesn’t establish companies on a regular basis do some fucking research Chronicle.

There it is:

But she doesn’t establish companies on a regular basis do some fucking research Chronicle.

:lol: Exactly, somethings going on lets be honest.

As if they're gonna spill the beans after a phone call from Chris Waugh

Compliance professionals of course being notorious for leaking info to no-mark regional crayon-scribblers.

I would also like to point out who do you think their sources close to Staveley are?? Until recently they had never had contact with anyone to do with her. Most of their contacts are built over years so the contact can trust them and they can trust the contact.

Anyone they will have spoken to in regards to Staveleys side of the bid will not have direct involvement in any talks or part of the group as NDA’s are in play and they would loose their job. And even if they are speaking to someone close to it (which I doubt) they aren’t going to turn round and say yeah it’s all to do with the takeover.

My guess is they know fuck all but have to write something or they will just look even more incompetent. So they go the line with the best damage limitation. Deny it’s got anything to do with it as when it turns out it has they can just say things changed in the last 24hrs. If they said it was true and then it wasn’t they would have caused mass hysteria and really will have lost however still buys the chronicle for nufc crack.

I’m firmly in agreement of the “why would they tell the Chronicle?” point that’s been made, like.

Why would they say anything to the press  until they are ready ?

They are hardly going to say yes its to buy Newcastle United

Guest The Little Waster

If Cantervale literally = Can't Reveal , then they aint about to reveal owt to the feckin Ronny

Pretty sure she does this all the time. I know some are saying very rarely in her own name, but was reading they're often set up in her name and then changed at a later date. Could really be for anything. All extremely tenuous imo.

Not to say a deal isn't close or anything, it may well be, but I doubt this has anything to do with it.

I’m firmly in agreement of the “why would they tell the Chronicle?” point that’s been made, like.

If they can't say they usually just say we can't confirm or deny. If it's not started I see no reason why they can't say it's not started.

Cantervale is an anagram of:     

Relevant CA (A Football Manager reference?)

VAT Cleaner (Some dodgy accounts?)

Nectareal V (A sweet nectar-like woman named Valerie?)

Treacle Van (Where Ashley insisted takeover talks take place?)

Central V EA (Hinting at an upcoming dispute between our train station and EA Sports?)

Veteran Alc (or Cal) (Staveley being helped by an experience financier named Cal, who may be an alcoholic)?