Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I the only one who think the bids are deteriorating? I think the the first bid is the best, and last bid is the worst.

The last is the only one that doesn't mention the HMRC fine, tells me there might be good chance we could get a rather large fine coming our way.

Am I the only one who think the bids are deteriorating? I think the the first bid is the best, and last bid is the worst.

Eh? The bids won't supersede one another, they're just different options.

f***'s sake, she bid 350m in installments and it was rejected :tickedoff:

Didn’t the initial statement say Ashley was willing to accept payment in installments?

Sure did, invited it actually

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/statement-from-st-james-holdings-limited

To give an incoming owner the maximum possible flexibility to make meaningful investment in the club, including in its playing squad, the sale process will give interested parties the opportunity of deferring substantial payments.

Shifting the goalposts once again, as he's done throughout his time here.

I'd imagine they're based on feedback received from Ashley's side. All in all I'd say the three are fairly comparable and mostly just differ in whoever pays the insurance policy for when things don't go to plan (HMRC case outcome and relegation)

f***'s sake, she bid 350m in installments and it was rejected :tickedoff:

Didn’t the initial statement say Ashley was willing to accept payment in installments?

Sure did, invited it actually

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/statement-from-st-james-holdings-limited

To give an incoming owner the maximum possible flexibility to make meaningful investment in the club, including in its playing squad, the sale process will give interested parties the opportunity of deferring substantial payments.

Shows Ashley wasn't serious, amazing the lengths the lying pile of shit will go to to avoid spending money, you couldn't make it up, well if we hadn't seen it all before like.

Amanda Staveley: I want to buy Newcastle – it’s hurtful and absurd to call us time-wasters

For the first time, the investor opens up on her efforts to acquire the club

Cheers  :thup:

“It’s not something we’ve just thrown together. I’m putting a lot of my own capital into this and our investors, who come from around the world, include sovereign wealth funds

:o

Clearly if true proof Ashley really isn't interested in selling unless someone buys his risk i.e. Relegation/HMRC fines - which isn't going to happen and he knows it.

The last is the only one that doesn't mention the HMRC fine, tells me there might be good chance we could get a rather large fine coming our way.

That could be the case, which I am a bit surprising to be honest.

Based on that it seems very likely they might come back with a bid after safety is confirmed. Seems like they might need some more cash up front though.

I think that second bid is actually worse than the first.

I'd imagine they're based on feedback received from Ashley's side. All in all I'd say the three are fairly comparable and mostly just differ in whoever pays the insurance policy for when things don't go to plan (HMRC case outcome and relegation)

They line up with everything that was reported in the press.

First Ashley was willing to accept installments for 'substantial payments', then he wanted more money, then wanted rid of the clauses. It's exactly as we've been told all along.

Hmm normally people will only submit second bid after the first bid is rejected right?

Inclined to believe her side of the story, purely based on Ashley's prior form.

I think this shitshow (if it falls through) severely damages the notion that the best chance to shift Ashley is when the club is just existing in the top flight. They, meaning Stavely/PCP,  have done all they can imo - 350m in installments, and he knocked it back. Under the current status quo the guy is almost impossible to deal with.

Agree with TimeWaster's scorched earth stance, on the previous page. Back-to-back relegations (where his s*** tat brand will have no visibility, empty husk of a stadium) is unchartered territory for him. Would like to see the dice rolled.

Guest firetotheworks

Exactly as I expected. Ashley, of course. The only thing he puts above money is his passionate hobby for basic, lying cuntishness.

Hmm normally people will only submit second bid after the first bid is rejected right?

Yeah, but it doesn't mean they can't go back to a previous one. I just mean they might appear to be getting worse, but that's because they're offering different things.

Inclined to believe her side of the story, purely based on Ashley's prior form.

I think this shitshow (if it falls through) severely damages the notion that the best chance to shift Ashley is when the club is just existing in the top flight. They, meaning Stavely/PCP,  have done all they can imo - 350m in installments, and he knocked it back. Under the current status quo the guy is almost impossible to deal with.

Agree with TimeWaster's scorched earth stance, on the previous page. Back-to-back relegations (where his s*** tat brand will have no visibility, empty husk of a stadium) is unchartered territory for him. Would like to see the dice rolled.

Inclined Eddy, infuckingclined to. Eddy ffs man... :lol:

Gutted to read that. People are rightfully going to go pure radge at Mike again, hopefully in the stands with banners

It's all going to be too little too late again for this season (if anything does indeed happen). I think we're fucked.

Ashley the liar here as usual.

Her third bid however is the one with the highest ensured amount, 250m, which is not enough for the greedy prick. She has to up the amount guaranteed for MA to close this deal. If they are serious, this should not be that big of a deal. But I know nothing of the valuation of the club of course, with relegation being a huge risk.