Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Or he could transfer all our profits we've made over the past couple of years to Mash holdings and then borrow money against his Newcastle United cash cow to raise the capital to take Sports Direct private

We make fuck all in the grand scheme of things, whilst we’re one bad decision or some bad luck from costing £100m in relegation. Better to sell us and raise some decent funds quickly.

Or he could transfer all our profits we've made over the past couple of years to Mash holdings and then borrow money against his Newcastle United cash cow to raise the capital to take Sports Direct private

Would that even be legal? Transferring money from the club to other businesses?

Yeah - if he started paying back the loan, to himself.

It's also what went on at Blackpool - the Oyston family took the TV cash out of the club for tbemselves.

Would that even be legal? Transferring money from the club to other businesses?

The MASH entities own NUFC so even without the loan they would be able to pay a dividend as they see fit.

NUFC isn't a cash cow and no-one sane would lend any meaningful amount of money against it as a business. He'd be far better off selling if that's what he wanted. More likely he would just leverage up the SD business to provide funds for the take-private, its a far more stable propostion than a football club with its PL status under permanent threat.

Having a tantrum and withholding transfer money, because Rafa wouldn't sign a new contract until he could see if you were being truthful.

You fucking pathetic weirdo, get out of our club and learn how to function like a normal human being or die, either or.

This is starting to look like a possible beginning of the end. All areas that man is involved in is under fire. I'm hoping he's brought to his knees and has to sell us in order to solve his SD/HOF/Debenhams mess.

Thing is who does he think he's going to poach customers from? The same people who go to these stores aren't the same as sports direct. Treat them the same and like NUFC, you'll just wreck them. People shop online or stick with market leaders like John Lewis or Robert Dyas where they don't get taken for mugs. I appreciate the high st in general is on it's arse - JLP included.

The highstreet isn’t on it’s arse, the high street in it’s current incarnation is.

John Lewis would work so well if they just updated their stores a bit and made it easier to navigate. The same for Fenwicks. Retailers just haven’t moved on and made it so the internet compliments their stores and have just let Amazon overtake them.

It’s massively on its arse - John Lewis are the market leaders and just announced 99% drops in pre tax profit and they are quite strong in terms of both online and store experience imo. They also have a very loyal customer base and they’ve lost out because they have a generous price match scheme. They’ll recover and they won’t lose out to some bastardised vest is in of Debenhams/hoF however. The white city JL is prototyping a store experience a bit like going into a cocktail bar for diffferent products to enhance store experience with hopes of rolling out further. Fuck will mike be up for that.

And that is basically them throwing the dice. I think in a decades time the likes of JL will exist mainly online with with one or two flagship stores. The trouble with big businesses is that they try and scale and scale upwards all the time and when that doesn’t happen or cannot it’s a case of oh well, game over. JL can remain a business, a brand and make money, but they will more than likely have to scale back to a few stores, a website being their predominant face of the business and shareholders happy with a stake in something that turns over tens of millions or hundreds of millions and not lots of hundreds and hundreds or billions.

I’m not for job losses and empty shops or dead high streets as such, but I’m all for our high streets and city centres becoming places of leisure and not predominantly shopping. More open spaces and green space, less traffic, more independent stores and local businesses who don’t need to have x amount of people through the door every day to survive or have been outpriced on rent and rates or made redundant by big name chains. More local produce on offer, more pop up independent pubs and food stalls. Market traders and just people coming to the city to walk around, take in the architecture. Museums, library, sit and read a book, let kids run around.

I avoid the Town and Metro Centre at all times and often at a financial cost because I cannot stand it, herded like sheep into this shop or the next. The noise, the traffic, the congestion, the pollution, the chaos.

Fuck it, bring on the death of the high street, they’ve had it good for too long and often at the expense of city/town planning, architecture and our own free space to just wander and take in things.

:thup: Really like these sentiments.

A good friend works in John Lewis and in October there whole accounts was totally fucked up and lost millions in online shopping sales as the changed there whole system hence astronomic drop in sales ,Fenwicks didnt have a online website till just recently as up to  few months ago it was just a banner showing stores hence there financial woes

He's fucked this up more than I thought he would.

I thought he would just pull out of Intu shopping centre's then start replacing big brands who refuse to sell to him at cheaper prices with his own brands.

He's gone out of his way to not only fuck over the suppliers but the customers. I mean he would have been able to get away with asking for low rent fee's or virtually no rent for periods of time, he would have been able to get away with playing hardball with suppliers. The fact he's actually gone out and told customers that they can't have their goods or their money back is fucking terrible and many people won't let him get away with it, not even the media.

No doubt the stock that people have paid for will be in a warehouse and will be sent out to stores or even SD stores and he will sell the same thing for the 2nd time.

He's fucked this up more than I thought he would.

This.

Alienating customers and suppliers before he's even properly got his chair under the desk. This isn't SD where you sell last year's fashions to the desperate and skint who can't afford to go elsewhere for their chav clothes.