Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Storm" :lol:

Hell hath no fury like a Geordie handing over £600.

Oh man :lol: :lol: :lol:

This whole thing is so sad.

Was stunned at the lack of support for the 11th minute walk in.

Couldn't even delay going in for 11 mins? Really?

You lot are going to make me have to come up there and shake things up. And you really don't want me to do that. Trust me!

It's quite funny how he got it all to go away by inventing a fake takeover rumour, almost to the day that the same thing happened last year, proper laughable. Get it in your calendars for next December.

The issue I have is with the making legitimacy of the bids the be all and end all. This year, just like last year the intention of the other party is there, but that doesn't change the fact that they're dealing with Mike Ashley who'll move the goalposts to prevent a sale after he's used the situation to stop protests.

This is my view as well. The interest from Kenyon might well be there, but it will probably be another Staveley/PCP scenario. They will want to negotiate, Ashley will tell them to fuck off, and in the meantime he'll spin it out as long as possible as a reason to avoid spending like every other January.

Keith's definitely been playing FM, like.

December : The Newcastle United board have placed an embargo on transfers as a result of the rumours surrounding a possible takeover. These restrictions will remain in place until the outcome of any takeover has been resolved.

Feb 1st : Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is thought to be close to pulling the plug on a consortiums proposed takeover of the club, claiming he had not seen evidence that the group possessed enough finance.

The news will come to a disappointment to many who had previously thought the takeover to be progressing well. (suckers)

There is the stench of a rat over all of this and I think many of us are right to be deeply cynical.  I guess we will see what happens. As it is - come Feb 1st, the 'takeover' will be off, no cash will have been spent in January and Rafa will say that he is leaving come the end of the season. A classic from the Ashley playbook.

There is the stench of a rat over all of this and I think many of us are right to be deeply cynical.  I guess we will see what happens. As it is - come Feb 1st, the 'takeover' will be off, no cash will have been spent in January and Rafa will say that he is leaving come the end of the season. A classic from the Ashley playbook.

He's never going to say this. He won't say it until the day he actually leaves.

It's pretty clear these are all friends of his that are happy to have him use their names in this way.

In return they get a bit of a spotlight to stroke their silly egos.

It's pretty dark stuff really.

https://www.nufc.com

Update:

Takeover update

Since Monday's unexpected announcement by Mike Ashley that he was in talks to sell the club and hoped that a deal could be done by the end of 2018, there's been the expected deluge of claims and speculation.

Here's what we've been able to glean ourselves: 

The main bid is one spearheaded by the former Chelsea and Manchester United CEO Peter Kenyon and claims of interest from three further groups remain unverified. 

That uncertainty is claimed to be due to confidentiality clauses, but there remains a suspicion that claims of other interested parties are exaggerated in order to pressure the main bidder into action.   

It's understood that financial consultants working for Kenyon travelled to Tyneside earlier this week and have visited SJP in order as part of their own valuation.

In order for that to happen, the proposed new owners would have had to satisfy specified financial criteria - but not deposit funds in a third party account as was previously claimed.

The £300m asking price that has been bandied around isn't fixed in terms of a one-off payment and a form of down payment could be acceptable, given proof of sufficient funds.

One major obstacle to a speedy takeover is that the formalities required to be undertaken by the Premier League take up to a fortnight - and will take longer at this time of year due to their festive closedown.   

It's a piss take man.

Kenyon used to head up Umbro back in the day didn't he? Ashley currently owns a portion of Umbro even.

Kenyon is also an ex Chelsea guy, and probably has ties with Dennis Wise somehow.

They're all part of the same cesspool man. Just a bunch of pals having fun, taking the piss.

It's a piss take man.

Kenyon used to head up Umbro back in the day didn't he? Ashley currently owns a portion of Umbro even.

Kenyon is also an ex Chelsea guy, and probably has ties with Dennis Wise somehow.

They're all part of the same cesspool man. Just a bunch of pals having fun, taking the piss.

As i’ve said previously, kenyon is also best mates with Steve Gibson and Jorge Mendes. Whole thing is as transparent as always.

Guest The Little Waster

Kenyon is genuine and has sufficient funds to buy the club and take it forward.He was livid with Ashley going public

Whats your source for this claim ?

Kenyon is genuine and has sufficient funds to buy the club and take it forward.He was livid with Ashley going public

Man, I wish you were right, but the stench of deceit is too strong man! It is absolutely pungent.

livid, but not put off I hope?

does he seem to have a grand plan for the club?