Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So many ITK accounts of twitter saying its a matter of days! I'm just expecting nothing to happen and we still be in this position next year, anything other than that will be a bonus. Its the hope that kills you! But whats new supporting this club ay?

I simply can’t see it happening soon, certainly until at least the end of January.

We have a week left to do anything for January before it’s too late and everyone is off work. Yes reports today suggest that Kenyon’s lawyers will have their Christmas leave cancelled, but other firms won’t, the FA won’t either.

[emoji38] Just wait to see if there's any craic tomorrow. Still refusing to get hopes up, news of the Staveley bid that was thought to be the decisive one was reported exactly one year ago to the day, despite the differences between both sagas.

The one that Ashley never once came out and said there was any possibility in and in fact came out slagging her off. Think big difference between then and now and that’s why I’m more encouraged.

I'm more encouraged this time too tbf but I still refuse to get hopes up until it's confirmed. I personally think that story in the Sun is bollocks as why would Kenyon go through due diligence etc with only £200m? Also, it's the Sun, the worst paper in the UK.

You’re 100% right Stavely supposed bid was 250 million and she was told to do one not a cats hell Kenyon only bids 200

The Daily Star and Express are owned by the same people.

Getting a bit sick of it all now like, this round of takeover talk looks like hot air and another way to defer spending in January, a bunch of plodders on the pitch with no class at all and 7 home league defeats so far this season.

Merry Fucking Christmas.

Explains why the Daily Star piece is pretty much a copy paste job.

Explains why the Daily Star piece is pretty much a copy paste job.

Was owned by a friend of Ashley’s and Staveley who helped set up the curry house meeting last year, he’s sold them now though.

I note it doesn’t say which Christmas or new year. 

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38] Just wait to see if there's any craic tomorrow. Still refusing to get hopes up, news of the Staveley bid that was thought to be the decisive one was reported exactly one year ago to the day, despite the differences between both sagas.

The one that Ashley never once came out and said there was any possibility in and in fact came out slagging her off. Think big difference between then and now and that’s why I’m more encouraged.

I'm more encouraged this time too tbf but I still refuse to get hopes up until it's confirmed. I personally think that story in the Sun is bollocks as why would Kenyon go through due diligence etc with only £200m? Also, it's the Sun, the worst paper in the UK.

Same journalist that broke the curry story btw. Could very well be true even if it is The Sun.

I'm extremely guarded but I'd be lying through my teeth if I didn't say my hopes were up. It would probably be the most significant thing to happen since I began supporting the club; it's difficult not to get caught up in the whole thing a little bit, even if I know they're proven liars and we've very recent examples of similar stories coming to nothing.

I don't trust the story considering the source, but saying Kenyon wouldn't come in with a similar £200m bid than Staverley's seems a might foolish, both will do due diligence and come up with a value of the club not just based on gut instinct, they may well both come up with £200m as a fair market price and Ashley is drastically over valuing it because he a) doesn't really want to sell and b) if he does have to sell, lives in hope of some mad billionaire massively overpaying him

My hopes were up for a couple of days early on, now down again. Any reason you're still optimistic Yorkie?

:dontknow: Two days in a row of separate sources claiming things are progressing. Dunno really, I'm just clinging onto the 'no smoke without fire' mantra; I don't believe the whole thing is a rouse simply to quell protests, although they've certainly exploited the situation's ability to do so, by making stuff public.