Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Its either PR bullshit as a favour for Ashley, or they are so far from agreeing on a price that Kenyon is now trying to put pressure on Ashley with a leaked "letter" to the media.

This is my view also .

Have any prospective owners of any football club ever written a letter like this?  When anyone is bidding for a house do people write letters saying 'glad you think we are the best fit for your house etc etc

Its total bullshit.  Same as Staveley leaked.....

If it’s genuinely a leak from Kenyons side then MA won’t be happy.

I can say with certainty that they have both incurred major costs thus far.

The timing is particularly off with this though. I wonder if Fatty has asked Kenyon to leak it to appease the masses/buy time.

I know we've been over stuff like this but how can you know 'with certainty' unless you're literally involved? Are you, like?

I called Kenyon on here long before it hit the press because I had a 110% source. I can’t say who that was as it could come back to me and impact my work. I can also say for sure that his side have spent huge amounts of time and therefore money on legals etc.

I’ll also go on the record as saying I’ve got big doubts it’ll be a positive other than Ashley being out of the picture.

If he’s put a lot of money and effort into it, then he’s not going to run it into the ground like Ashley is.

Well yeah, not running to ground but he could make minimal investment (more than the zero now) to make sure we just about stay in the league and keep making profit with the tv money. Probably still get atleast what you paid for when you sell the club too. Probably more if its status is a little more stable (but still quite shit).

We wont know if he's planning to try to make the club competitive or not. This info would suggest negative on that.

Guest The Little Waster

Kenyon is genuine and has sufficient funds to buy the club and take it forward.

A month old but still valid and true

Hes £100 million short ...

Guest Howaythetoon

The AS bid was real and from my gathering after due diligence and certain compromises and conditions were factored in, agreed on and met which would have given Ashley a healthy profit on what he paid to purchase the club and allowed SD to have a stakeholde in the club for a set period it was all systems go and then Ashley suddenly pulled the plug on the whole deal stone cold dead. Which he did in a fashion we should all now be familiar with. No communication, no explanation, all dialogue ended. Instead of facing AS and her team in person, he cowardly used the media to do his talking for him, insulting AS and her team in the process.

Why he pulled out if the deal is anyone’s guess and here we are once more a year on with the club back up for sale, interested parties in dialogue, bids tabled, bids considered and bids that could go either way. But only on the surface.

I’m in no doubt there are parties interested in the club, some who have been in talks and made a bid, but Ashley is only after one thing - a bid he can’t refuse which for him means selling the club way above and beyond not only what it’s worth, but at such a huge price not even this degenerate gambler would roll the dice on.

The club has always been up for sale, but there has never been nor ever will be a set price or a fixed price regardless of what the media have reported. If that wa the case, the club would have either been sold by now or any such take over talk wouldn’t exist.

What we have which AS and her team become entrenched in is a game of temptation, Ashley in a position where OK you want the club? Tempt me, make me an offer I can’t refuse.

As much as I hate him and as much as I simply cannot get my head around just how little he values the club in terms of its potential, he knows exactly what he has and to be fair to him because I would be the same, NUFC is almost priceless and worth a whole lot more than 200m or 300m.

And that leads me to where we are right now. Me, if I had the money, I’d pay 400m for it, I’d pay 500m. But that’s because I know what it’s worth and it’s worth more than money. AS and co or Kenton and co it’s worth nowhere near that and they would, in terms of financial economic sense, be mad to pay 300m for the club which I really do believe Ashley would accept in a heart beat.

And that’s because all NUFC would be to them is another investment, another tool to generate money from, to enrich investors and to capitalise financially on a game and club that is swimming in riches. If they seriously wanted to buy NUFC because of what is the core real value in owning NUFC we wouldn’t be having this discussion, we would have new owners. They are chancers essentially.

Put up or fuck off basically. Ashley, put up or fuck off as well. Invest in your club, if it’s worth more to you than a healthy profit on what you paid or a deal can’t be struck because you want SD to retain some kind of stake in the club, again invest in the club and run it properly that justifies your continued ownership that a profit or SD stakeholding deals can’t tempt you in parting from.

For fans, if NUFC means something to you that is priceless, devalue the club’s worth in terms of generating money so it becomes worthless to Ashley because as things stand, I’d want 350m at least for a club with guaranteed 53k gates even in the championship and guaranteed 100m + money from TV deals alone where yo-yoing from the PL to the championship and back again is actually - if done right - equally as profitable.

Stop going, protest loud and proud targeting SD, an empty stadium and a toxic brand association will make NUFC not only worthless as a cash cow, but damaging to the one thing that is as priceless as NUFC is for us to Mike Ashley, his baby Sports Direct.

Peter Kenyon? Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

The timing is particularly off with this though. I wonder if Fatty has asked Kenyon to leak it to appease the masses/buy time.

I know we've been over stuff like this but how can you know 'with certainty' unless you're literally involved? Are you, like?

I called Kenyon on here long before it hit the press because I had a 110% source. I can’t say who that was as it could come back to me and impact my work. I can also say for sure that his side have spent huge amounts of time and therefore money on legals etc.

I’ll also go on the record as saying I’ve got big doubts it’ll be a positive other than Ashley being out of the picture.

If he’s put a lot of money and effort into it, then he’s not going to run it into the ground like Ashley is.

We wont know if he's planning to try to make the club competitive or not. This info would suggest negative on that.

Would this mean then he's taken a look at Ashley's tenure and thought "I could run it cheaper than that!"?  :lol: I wouldn't even be mad if he tanked worse than the FCB, it would actually be impressive.

Would this mean then he's taken a look at Ashley's tenure and thought "I could run it cheaper than that!"?  :lol: I wouldn't even be mad if he tanked worse than the FCB, it would actually be impressive.

You dont have to run it cheaper. You just have to run it so it doesnt get relegated which costs a lot.

Like I said earlier,he has the funds in place to buy and take the club forward.Can only assume they are negotiating details of the deal ,which is where I have my own concerns because of Ashley

that sounds disconcertingly vague

Thats a direct quote.Sorry but I have no more I can give you

You dont have to run it cheaper. You just have to run it so it doesnt get relegated which costs a lot.

You'd have to if you're going to sink that much money into it up front and not take it forward. Otherwise why even buy it unless you believe there is more value to extract out of it.

You'd have to if you're going to sink that much money into it up front and not take it forward. Otherwise why even buy it unless you believe there is more value to extract out of it.

It's not like that 200m or 300m investment is going to lose its value, you'll still get atleast that back when you want to sell it. I'd assume its possible to run the club on profit in the meantime while just about maintaining premierleague status and tv money. If "taking the club" forward means making the team little bit better so it doesnt get relegated (and end up costing a lot of money getting back up and eating into the profits of several years) then I guess you can say he'll have to take it forward. Not much though.

Kenyon is yesterday's man - he was never going to buy us - just been given a few quid to play the game  - our desperation to get rid of Ashley  makes us clutch at these straws -  the PR machine is pathetic and treats the fanbase like fools  - thankfully most of us aren't taken in.

Have any prospective owners of any football club ever written a letter like this?  When anyone is bidding for a house do people write letters saying 'glad you think we are the best fit for your house etc etc

Its total bullshit.  Same as Staveley leaked.....

This.

How many other takeovers do we know of that are broadcast as publicly (and timely in the case of this fat cunt) as our supposed takeover.