Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yes, we should be fighting to get Ashley out, not accepting him staying but trying to legislate him into behaving. :lol:

Aye, with a little bit of thought a little bit investment in the club and the city and some good PR we could have built a statue for this fella not a pyre

Sorry if there has been a misunderstanding. I never started this petition, I was just showing how it could be done. It was why I finished the post with This isn't my forte so please step forward and fill the breach.

Stif, I wasn't saying all of a clubs income, just the TV monies.

Anyway it was put out there for ideas and refinement so hopefully someone will run with it after its been thought out and discussed.

That'd get shot down in the courts pretty quickly I would think. You can't order a private business what to do with its revenue.

You can tell that business that if they don't stick by your rules then the Football team aren't playing in your competition. Not that it will ever happen, but no reason it couldn't be enforceable in theory.

Sorry if there has been a misunderstanding. I never started this petition, I was just showing how it could be done. It was why I finished the post with This isn't my forte so please step forward and fill the breach.

Stif, I wasn't saying all of a clubs income, just the TV monies.

Anyway it was put out there for ideas and refinement so hopefully someone will run with it after its been thought out and discussed.

I know, but I think it should be all of the clubs income otherwise you are just opening up one massive loophole to the clubs.

From Lee Ryder.

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is expected to clarify where the club stand with Peter Kenyon in due course.

The Toon owner afforded Kenyon extra time to get his finances in order but a fresh bid for the club hasn’t been forthcoming during the transfer window.

Ashley, after much persuasion, sanctioned the funds to bring in Miguel Almiron and the loan fee and wages for Antonio Barreca on deadline day.

It’s now 13 months since Ashley indicated that he’d pulled out of talks with Amanda Staveley and PCP Capital Partners when he dismissed the discussions as a waste of time.

Now, sources close to Ashley have told the Sunday Sun that he will provide an update on where the deal with Kenyon’s US consortium currently lies.

As it stands, United do remain up for sale for a price of around £300million - and we also understand that the price will not include additional costs to repay Ashley the interest free loans he has paid into the club.

In short, this would be a straight-forward deal for a potential new owner who would get the club for £300million with a world class manager in Rafa Benitez still in place, not to mention one of the best fanbases in the game.

But Kenyon’s efforts to buy the club are now fading.

The club’s advertising arrangement with Sports Direct is also not holding the sale up, something that has previously been suggested.

It is believed that any budding new owner will be able to wash out the Sports Direct deal from the club’s books and regain control of the club shop which is currently stocked with gear from Ashley’s retail business.

Whether Ashley decides to take the club off the market again, which has done before, remains to be seen.

Should Rafa Benitez decide to extend his contract with Newcastle he will want a clear and concise idea of what is achievable behind the scenes and not want uncertainty over spending money.

Fans have grown tired of hearing suggestions that spending power is restricted due to the club’s for sale status.

That'd get shot down in the courts pretty quickly I would think. You can't order a private business what to do with its revenue.

It would need to come from statute but you absolutely can, we have a number of regulated industries in the UK where this is the case.

From Lee Ryder.

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is expected to clarify where the club stand with Peter Kenyon in due course.

The Toon owner afforded Kenyon extra time to get his finances in order but a fresh bid for the club hasn’t been forthcoming during the transfer window.

Ashley, after much persuasion, sanctioned the funds to bring in Miguel Almiron and the loan fee and wages for Antonio Barreca on deadline day.

It’s now 13 months since Ashley indicated that he’d pulled out of talks with Amanda Staveley and PCP Capital Partners when he dismissed the discussions as a waste of time.

Now, sources close to Ashley have told the Sunday Sun that he will provide an update on where the deal with Kenyon’s US consortium currently lies.

As it stands, United do remain up for sale for a price of around £300million - and we also understand that the price will not include additional costs to repay Ashley the interest free loans he has paid into the club.

In short, this would be a straight-forward deal for a potential new owner who would get the club for £300million with a world class manager in Rafa Benitez still in place, not to mention one of the best fanbases in the game.

But Kenyon’s efforts to buy the club are now fading.

The club’s advertising arrangement with Sports Direct is also not holding the sale up, something that has previously been suggested.

It is believed that any budding new owner will be able to wash out the Sports Direct deal from the club’s books and regain control of the club shop which is currently stocked with gear from Ashley’s retail business.

Whether Ashley decides to take the club off the market again, which has done before, remains to be seen.

Should Rafa Benitez decide to extend his contract with Newcastle he will want a clear and concise idea of what is achievable behind the scenes and not want uncertainty over spending money.

Fans have grown tired of hearing suggestions that spending power is restricted due to the club’s for sale status.

I've bolded the key word.

Annoying that people seem to think that just because we signed almiron everything is rosy and all is forgiven. We only spent the profit we made in the summer and had to take out a loan to do it ffs!!!

Why did we take the loan out mate? Has that been discussed? Seems an odd thing to do

Annoying that people seem to think that just because we signed almiron everything is rosy and all is forgiven. We only spent the profit we made in the summer and had to take out a loan to do it ffs!!!

Why did we take the loan out mate? Has that been discussed? Seems an odd thing to do

At a guess because Ashley used the prem money and the profit to buy HoF and Evans Cycles and SOFA.com by paying his interest free loan back.

Took the loan out that likely most clubs do with unimpressive commercial revenues. It’s a faciitly through Barclay who do this for the PL clubs. The PL tv money comes in tranches and spread over the season. I read it as an advanced on future tv money. I’m assuming other clubs ask for that or all of it up front (ie Wolves etc) and really leverage it all by getting it up front via the loans and then they will assume they stay up it’s paid back directly.

From Lee Ryder.

Does this mean that any buyer would have to pay £300m for the club PLUS about £120m to Ashley?

Our only hope in that case is that Brexit tanks the pound so badly it starts to look reasonable again for a forrin investor.

I can’t work it out , I still hate this cunt

Hes a cunt and i hate him but maybe its to pay off the loans ready for a sale, i mean 300 for the club and 130odd in loans do the maths. the bloke isnt that stupid. yup now im putting my tin hat on

I can’t work it out , I still hate this cunt

Hes a cunt and i hate him but maybe its to pay off the loans ready for a sale, i mean 300 for the club and 130odd in loans do the maths. the bloke isnt that stupid. yup now im putting my tin hat on

He absolutely is though.

From Lee Ryder.

Does this mean that any buyer would have to pay £300m for the club PLUS about £120m to Ashley?

Our only hope in that case is that Brexit tanks the pound so badly it starts to look reasonable again for a forrin investor.

Nope, it's a flat £300m. Nothing more. Allegedly.

Yeah, it's 300m for the club. Lee Ryder does not make it sound easy to comprehend, what he should be saying is 

1) "As it stands, United do remain up for sale for a price of around 300 million - and we also understand that the price is inclusive of the additional costs to repay Ashley for the interest free loans he has paid into club."

2) or he needs to say something like "...and we also understand that Ashley will not be asking a Buyer to repay any interest free loans he has paid into the club"

So either 1) 300m includes the loan repayment to MA or 2) 300m for the club. Ashley retiring the loans at no cost to Buyer.