Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah, it's 300m for the club. Lee Ryder does not make it sound easy to comprehend, what he should be saying is 

1) "As it stands, United do remain up for sale for a price of around 300 million - and we also understand that the price is inclusive of the additional costs to repay Ashley for the interest free loans he has paid into club."

2) or he needs to say something like "...and we also understand that Ashley will not be asking a Buyer to repay any interest free loans he has paid into the club"

So either 1) 300m includes the loan repayment to MA or 2) 300m for the club. Ashley retiring the loans at no cost to Buyer.

Why would he refer to the loan as being 'additional costs' if they weren't additional costs to the buyer? I know he's stupid but if you take what he's written I can't see how you'd come away with anything other than the loans need repaying on top of the 300m.

Yeah, it's 300m for the club. Lee Ryder does not make it sound easy to comprehend, what he should be saying is 

1) "As it stands, United do remain up for sale for a price of around 300 million - and we also understand that the price is inclusive of the additional costs to repay Ashley for the interest free loans he has paid into club."

2) or he needs to say something like "...and we also understand that Ashley will not be asking a Buyer to repay any interest free loans he has paid into the club"

So either 1) 300m includes the loan repayment to MA or 2) 300m for the club. Ashley retiring the loans at no cost to Buyer.

Why would he refer to the loan as being 'additional costs' if they weren't additional costs to the buyer? I know he's stupid but if you take what he's written I can't see how you'd come away with anything other than the loans need repaying on top of the 300m.

Because he's saying the cost to buy is 300m and not 400m+ man. Lee brought it up because everyone always asks if MA is going to ask for the loan repayment on top of the 300m.

He literally says it's 300m not including the loans. I don't know if he's right or wrong but he's said it...I know you're presuming he's stupid enough to mis-write that but it just seems so basic I'm struggling to imagine it.

Jimburst...

"As it stands, United do remain up for sale for a price of around £300million - and we also understand that the price will not include additional costs to repay Ashley the interest free loans he has paid into the club." [CLUB UP FOR SALE FOR 300 MILLION. PRICE TO ACQUIRE THE CLUB WILL NOT INCLUDE LOAN REPAYMENT TO MA]

"In short, this would be a straight-forward deal for a potential new owner who would get the club for £300million with a world class manager in Rafa Benitez still in place, not to mention one of the best fanbases in the game." [sTRAIGHT FORWARD DEAL TO BUY CLUB FOR 300 MILLION]

Regardless of that article, am I right in thinking that the club's debt to Ashley probably isn't as high at it's once been ("where's the money gone?") only we don't know the specifics yet because the latest accounts we have are from the Championship season?

Its all meaningless , if someone comes in with £300 million he just howks the price up again ...

I doubt anyone will offer that much at the end. From the outside it looks ok, but my guess is that when they examine the books and see that Ashley has put in place deals like he did at Rangers, the club's finances wont look so good and that will change the price they are willing to pay.

So am i right in thinking that plot previously belonged to the club and he's just sold it off?

Yeah but now with planning permission meaning it's worth more.