Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

I'd bet Charnley has been wanting to leave for years but is afraid to put his notice in to Ashley, hasn't he basically worked at NUFC across his whole career so far?

Stiffer is a little confused. The CEO of Newcastle Airport, Nick Jones, has never worked for Newcastle United.

John Irving, who used to be Finance Director at Newcastle United and then moved on to Newcastle Airport, is now the Chief Executive of Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

None of the current executive leadership team at Newcastle Airport have worked for Newcastle United. Though one is currently a trustee of the NUFC Foundation.

Stiffer is a little confused. The CEO of Newcastle Airport, Nick Jones, has never worked for Newcastle United.

John Irving, who used to be Finance Director at Newcastle United and then moved on to Newcastle Airport, is now the Chief Executive of Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

None of the current executive leadership team at Newcastle Airport have worked for Newcastle United. Though one is currently a trustee of the NUFC Foundation.

Fuck, thought Irving went to NCL first, oh well.

Guest Howaythetoon

Kenyon man :lol:

He was nothing more than a broker between both parties, MA and the buyer (US investment vehicle I believe). It wont show in the accounts, but NUFC paid him a fee as did the other side. He introduced both parties to each other and kind of involved himself taking on the role of a broker, first approaching MA his ‘friend’ and then going to his other ‘friends’ in the US to interest them in a deal, even offering to run the club as chairman for them if they bought it.

In the end they learned he was working more for Ashley than as an independent and they walked away.

Had they succeeded in buying the club, whether they would have taken Kenyon up on his kind offer to run the club as chairman or not, we will never know. I personally believe the likelihood of that was slim. Kenyon never the less certainly positioned himself to be the right man for the job which was his aim all along.

Kenyon and Ashley know each other via Umbro and Ashley before he bought NUFC attended a few Chelsea games at the invitation of Kenyon, a club he privately ‘supports’ as a result. Kenyon introduced Jimenez and Wise to Ashley, Wise was someone Kenyon would have recommended as manager to the US investment vehicle post takeover to replace Rafa if they failed to secure him or if the club were relegated.

He’s still under recommendation and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if in the near future he become our manager or more likely much sooner MD. It wouldn’t surprise me at all either if Vardy signed for us one day soon, both Kenyon and Wise and indeed Ashley all having a financial ‘relationshop’ with either the player or more significantly his wife.

The bid Kenyon was involved in was real, but talk of Kenyon being the lead man or becoming the owner is complete bullshit. He failed to sell MA’s pitch to investors who walked away because of the conditions MA inserted.

Conditions Stavely and her backers had reached a compromise over 12 months previously, everything pretty much a done deal until Ashley suddenly changed his mind, rumoured based on finding out Stavely was pally with Rafa, local journos and various fan groups.

Of the two, IMO, the US Kenyon lot would have been the better owners because they saw NUFC as a worthy investment long term for their clients one of whom is actually a NUFC fan, the plan to raise the profile in the States, invest in the infrastructure and increase revenues, with Rafa leading the way. Their plan wasn’t to make a quick profit, but to make an asset out of NUFC akin to an investor owning real estate in a prime location.

Stavely on the other hand, her backers wanted a tangible return and their plans were short term based on quick fixes. She herself would have been an ideal chairwoman if it was her own money used to buy the club or if she was appointed to run the club for the other backers. Her backers though would have bought the club on finance, with any investment also on finance. The fact they were prepared to pay MA’s asking price and compromise to certain conditions was telling, loans alone would cover that. Loans that would need repaid at a premium. The others didn’t need loans, their investment returning an assett worth more than a small % of interest on their money.

Kenyon as chairman? He would have been a good chairman to run the club in terms of business expertise and acumen, but he would have been self serving working for himself, players and managers signed, partnerships and sponsorships concluded, all to profit him and his associates first and foremost. That’s why he tried to sell the club and positioned himself to run it, which would have given MA a controlling stake over retail, advertising and even a place on the board. A chairmen who would have employed Wise as manager.

Is the club for sale? Of course, but it will only happen if MA went bust or was skint, if no-one turned up or if someone offered him 400m or so no strings attached.

There are lots of people who want to buy the club. He’s been offered his money back by wealthy Toon fans who would give him stadium, shirt and retail operation rights. KK himself has been approached, but refuses to deal with him and MA refuses to deal with KK likewise. He’s been offered 300m twice now in the space .

He is here to stay for a very long time though I’m afraid. Unless fans stop going anyway. That’s the only way.

There's an awwwwwful lot there that is subject to conjecture and/or impossible to confirm. Like, I appreciate the effort of typing out what you've been told, but critical thinking demands one says "wait, hang on" several times...

Been after good skipping rope and resistance bands since my John Lewis set wore out. After much searching, I reluctantly visited Sports Direct and came away with £40 of Everlast goods (which I hid in my own bag rather than carry a Sports Direct one). Tried them tonight... absolute junk  :tard:

Everlast is also owned by Sports Direct ffs :anguish: Suppose that explains why they're so sh*t. Should have know better. Just gonna have to write the 40 quid off  :(

Been after good skipping rope and resistance bands since my John Lewis set wore out. After much searching, I reluctantly visited Sports Direct and came away with £40 of Everlast goods (which I hid in my own bag rather than carry a Sports Direct one). Tried them tonight... absolute junk  :tard:

Everlast is also owned by Sports Direct ffs :anguish: Suppose that explains why they're so sh*t. Should have know better. Just gonna have to write the 40 quid off  :(

The list.

You deserved that one.

I have not, and will not, ever - EVER - buy anything from that shop. Full stop.

Honestly man, the fuck is wrong with you?