Daft Questions Thread

19 hours ago, loki679 said:

Got a new TV (TCL) and it's got a hdmi arc socket but when I plug my soundbar into it nothing happens. I've switched on arc on the TV and the light on the soundbar switches to green (bose TV speaker).  Anyone got a clue? 

Got this sorted with a new HMDI cable. :thup:

Hi guys and girls I need some advice. I started dating this girl and she’s really pretty and Im really ugly. All I know is, if she looks directly in my face, just don’t think and make out with her. This last about 20-30 seconds till she-shops. Is there anything else I can do after the make out? I stupidly said “you are everything” after one session. We usually just hold hands and talk but I feel like there should be an extra step after the make out cause I’m so wrapped in my head I’m like “yay I’m making out with a hot girl, yay me) I lose all sense of self for like two seconds and I’m like kinda paralyzed and I feel like she knows it. By the way this has all been in public so can’t do anything too raunchy. 

should I touch her leg? Hug? Arm around the shoulder(always feels awkward for me) I don’t know. I’m terrible at making moves. 

Edited by Astroblack

15 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Hi guys and girls I need some advice. I started dating this girl and she’s really pretty. All I know is, if she looks directly in my face, just don’t think and make out with her. This last about 20-30 seconds till she-shops. Is there anything else I can do after the make out? I stupidly said “you are everything” after one session. We usually just hold hands and talk but I feel like there should be an extra step after the make out cause I’m so wrapped in my head I’m like “yay I’m making out with a hot girl, yay me) I lose all sense of self for like two seconds and I’m like kinda paralyzed and I feel like she knows it. By the way this has all been in public so can’t do anything too raunchy. 

should I touch her leg? Hug? Arm around the shoulder(always feels awkward for me) I don’t know. I’m terrible at making moves. 

Hockle on her nanny 

21 minutes ago, Disco said:

Growl?

Might work.

Think I fucked it up yesterday anyway. we played some game where we picked cards that said what either do or don't like about the other person and I said "mean spirited"  but I just meant to other people like she could defend me with her  attitude if like a customer service person was being a prick but looking back, it should be me defending myself against everyone, right? She then said she thought I didn't like the real her, but I like that part about her. I got some serious backtracking to do. Doubt it'll work, but I'll give it a go. I just can't win. 

EDIT: If a girl is a cunt, don't call her out on it's what attracts you to her? That's it, i'm just being super nice now. 

Edited by Astroblack

idk any suggestion feels like I'm just rattling off items in a list from a creep manual. just go with what feels natural. you're already tongue-wrestling for 30 seconds in public man :lol:

11 minutes ago, thomas said:

idk any suggestion feels like I'm just rattling off items in a list from a creep manual. just go with what feels natural. you're already tongue-wrestling for 30 seconds in public man :lol:

Believe me, it takes all my will power to go in to the kiss. One time I looked at her face and it felt weird so I have to do it. It's all I think about as we're walking. I just wait for her face to shoot up, then bam, kiss! It's feels 50% great and the other 50% is thinking WHAT NOW? Maybe an arm around the shoulder and kiss on the cheek? I'm such a loser. 

Edited by Astroblack

44 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Hi guys and girls I need some advice. I started dating this girl and she’s really pretty. All I know is, if she looks directly in my face, just don’t think and make out with her. This last about 20-30 seconds till she-shops. Is there anything else I can do after the make out? I stupidly said “you are everything” after one session. We usually just hold hands and talk but I feel like there should be an extra step after the make out cause I’m so wrapped in my head I’m like “yay I’m making out with a hot girl, yay me) I lose all sense of self for like two seconds and I’m like kinda paralyzed and I feel like she knows it. By the way this has all been in public so can’t do anything too raunchy. 

Ask her if this is the event you’re looking for.

4 minutes ago, Sima said:

Ask her if this is the event you’re looking for.

That's so stupid, it might actually work. Lil bit of humor to break the tension. Thanks, I'll if I ever see her again., I'll us it. 

59 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

You're thinking about this far too much. Though I'd stay away from the you are everything kinda sentiment. 

Everything you two do or don't do will be decided mutually in the moment, you've just got to tap in to that rather than find the relevant steps for any situation or how long something should last. If youve kissed someone in public there isn't a manual that says the next step is this. But definitely don't slip her the digits. If there was a manual, that'd be in it!

Try and relax and you'll be fine. You two will find your own way of being together. Easiest thing is just to ask. Girls fucking love talking.

1 hour ago, Astroblack said:

I lose all sense of self for like two seconds and I’m like kinda paralyzed.

v4-460px-Stop-Being-Shy-in-a-Relationshi

That's a stroke mate.

Edited by TBG

2 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Might work.

Think I fucked it up yesterday anyway. we played some game where we picked cards that said what either do or don't like about the other person and I said "mean spirited"  but I just meant to other people like she could defend me with her  attitude if like a customer service person was being a prick but looking back, it should be me defending myself against everyone, right? She then said she thought I didn't like the real her, but I like that part about her. I got some serious backtracking to do. Doubt it'll work, but I'll give it a go. I just can't win. 

EDIT: If a girl is a cunt, don't call her out on it's what attracts you to her? That's it, i'm just being super nice now. 

Next time run with "loyal" or "supportive" rather than mean spirited :lol: i understand what you were trying to put across but you essentially called her a nasty person.

I know I fucked up! I’m going to try to smooth it over on the phone but She’s so smart, she’ll pick holes in me. Thanks Branko. I’m coming to you before dates! 

that Wikihow was made for me serious. 😭

As a not very attractive person currently going out with a worldie so many leagues above me in the looks department it feels like I'm a part-timer with Blyth Spartans squaring up against prime Cristiano Ronaldo, just don't think about it too much, you'll never be able to explain it and it'll drive you crazy. She likes you and the sooner you manage to just accept that is the day it'll all feel more natural. I spent far too long not managing to explain to myself what she saw in me and almost fucked everything up on multiple occasions, but I've given up now. It's not explainable or logical, feelings rarely are. She likes me, and for whatever reason she wants to be with me, so I'm blessed and I'm trying to enjoy the moment for once in my life rather than look for everything negative like I always do.

Anyway, not sure if that helps at all, but still. Just be yourself as that'll no doubt be who she's fallen for. Unless of course you've pretended to be someone else, if so, just be that guy.

8 hours ago, Astroblack said:

we played some game where we picked cards that said what either do or don't like about the other person

Oooof. I'd start with not playing that game ever, ever again. :lol:

And I second the sentiment of just going with what feels right. If she doesn't want you to kiss her she'll make that abundantly clear and she'll make it clear if she wants to go further too, but don't get wrapped up in trying to interpret signals - just trust your gut. You'll get there dude.

33 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Oooof. I'd start with not playing that game ever, ever again. :lol:

:lol: Russian Roulette wasn't available, I guess.

Remember doing that shite when I was 16 with my girlfriend then. Had to come up with three things you like about the person and three things you didn’t. Madness looking back at it, it’s the kind of thing you’re asked to list about work at a team building day. That girlfriend was also absolutely fucking mental which didn’t help