Daft Questions Thread

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

I wish Jharrel Jerome would do more work, I know he’s focusing on music but his performance in When They See Us is possibly the best acting performance I’ve ever seen 

Terrific shout, that. I can't remember ever being more moved by a performance than I was that one. 

On 30/08/2021 at 21:09, cubaricho said:

Hell yeah man, so good.

The irony here being that this style of pizza was originally (and continues to be) made specifically at working-class bars, and cut this way, to encourage dudes to hang around their local longer after work.

That's sausage baby! It's a special type of sausage that contains more fennel than the majority of sausage you'd get elsewhere.

On 30/08/2021 at 21:17, Inferior Acuña said:

Alright aye the place I'd get it in Chicago was right next door to a working class bar, and they had a hole in the wall between the two places. Gagging for one now. Never went to the bar, wasn't sure I was welcome as a student.

Late but here for tavern style supremacy

6 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Any tips for getting green bananas to go nice and not just skip straight to spotty and soft.

I have to online shop where I am and I keep getting really green bananas that just end up getting hoyed out.

Try to keep them upside down, as close to their natural position in tree as possible. Was wondering about the same thing few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure that has helped (googled it, not just some random own idea). :lol:

AdobeStock_245734346.0.0.jpeg

6 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Any tips for getting green bananas to go nice and not just skip straight to spotty and soft.

I have to online shop where I am and I keep getting really green bananas that just end up getting hoyed out.

Your bananas go from green straight to yellow and spotty? That's mental. There's always an in between. Youre just leaving them too long, surely?

2 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Your bananas go from green straight to yellow and spotty? That's mental. There's always an in between. Youre just leaving them too long, surely?

No, aye the start to spot when they're still green, they never go through that lovely light yellow stage. Keeps happening. I think maybe it's when they're picked too early or something.

17 hours ago, thomas said:

Only 2 of the Friday the 13th are. 5 or 6 of the Nightmare on Elm Streets are.

I have no idea if any of it is region locked though, you might be shit out of luck either way :(

Cheers. It'll almost definitely not be the same library like. 

10 minutes ago, kingkerouac said:

The worst drink I personally have ever ingested was Carlsberg Special Brew. I mean why?

I remember waking up one NYD with a hangover, downing an ice cold can of CSB, and going back to bed. That one was heaven sent. But otherwise it's minging.

18 minutes ago, kingkerouac said:

The worst drink I personally have ever ingested was Carlsberg Special Brew. I mean why?

Only time the room has spun was special brew.

She recently bought me can which was one of those new fangled concoctions which iirc was peanut butter and something else stout. That was the worst I've ever had.

Is it normal for the police & ambulance service to turn up to your place when you didn't ask?

I've been here about a week, today at around midday the police rang the buzzer for my flat saying they'd come as requested. Explained I didn't ask for them - they asked if I'd heard any disturbances and I said no as it's been quiet all day. Then about 3 hours later the same thing happens with an ambulance, saying they'd come as asked for but I've not called them at all (did check my phone, no calls by mistake or anything like that). Googled my address but I can't see anywhere remotely similar sounding in my area. 

I'm assuming they'd have thought to check the other flats and see if any of them said the wrong number by mistake... I thought maybe it's a prank but the only people (outside of utility companies etc.) that know my new address are my family or my close friends, none of which would do this kind of thing.

To be honest I'm a bit concerned someone needs help and is telling them the wrong address, maybe someone who used to live here. Not really sure what I should do in this situation or if there's even anything I can do?? 

17 minutes ago, Disco said:

Very odd unless the person taking the call has put in the wrong address or something like that.

Yeah that’s possible, the fact that they were 2 different services 3 hours apart is what’s got me the most confused. Guess I’ll have to just hope it doesn’t happen again :lol:

15 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

You sure they weren't actually strippers in uniform? Could've missed a trick there. 

If theres a knock at your door later from a female firefighter, aye, you called. Let her in!

Both copper and paramedic were burly middle aged men, so I’m good :lol:

2 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

Is it normal for the police & ambulance service to turn up to your place when you didn't ask?

I've been here about a week, today at around midday the police rang the buzzer for my flat saying they'd come as requested. Explained I didn't ask for them - they asked if I'd heard any disturbances and I said no as it's been quiet all day. Then about 3 hours later the same thing happens with an ambulance, saying they'd come as asked for but I've not called them at all (did check my phone, no calls by mistake or anything like that). Googled my address but I can't see anywhere remotely similar sounding in my area. 

I'm assuming they'd have thought to check the other flats and see if any of them said the wrong number by mistake... I thought maybe it's a prank but the only people (outside of utility companies etc.) that know my new address are my family or my close friends, none of which would do this kind of thing.

To be honest I'm a bit concerned someone needs help and is telling them the wrong address, maybe someone who used to live here. Not really sure what I should do in this situation or if there's even anything I can do?? 

Taking an educated guess, it’s probably some idiot who lives nearby (maybe even in the flats) making prank calls and having the joy of hilariously watching it unfold.

Your number has probably been plucked at random.