Daft questions

Yorkie

Why is there no space between Bluf and Purdi despite the capital letter?

I'm more concerned with why it has "Administrator" underneath it :undecided:

:lol:

The answer to James' question is simple, I do not know.  It just seemed appropriate and it stuck. 

But POOT?  Disappointed mon.

I've got a non-toilet related question. It's about travelling.

Ahem.

When you're travelling in a foreign country and you stay at a hotel, do you abide by the signs in the toilet which say don't flush toilet paper? Are you supposed to put shit-stained toilet paper in the bin? :lol:

I've got a non-toilet related question. It's about travelling.

Ahem.

When you're travelling in a foreign country and you stay at a hotel, do you abide by the signs in the toilet which say don't flush toilet paper? Are you supposed to put shit-stained toilet paper in the bin? :lol:

:lol: yeah, that’s fairly common I’ve found. They should have a little bin next to the toilet for your shit rags, in addition to the normal trash bin.

FYI if you’re going to Chile, they operate on the doodoo bucket system.

DNA? Its a bone of contention. Jack Horner had to saw through a 65 million year old T Rex thigh bone, to get it on a helicopter. They noticed it had soft tissue still in the deepest part of the bone. From this, it is speculated, that DNA can be harvested. I dont know what happenned further but it seems like DNA can survive 65 million years under the right circumstances.

Is Lacrimosa Mozart's best tune?

No.  Overture to Marriage of Figaro for me, like.  Obvious choice but I'm not a huge Mozart fan tbh

How long until DNA evidence starts to decay?

Its generally completely fucked after a couple of million years.  Starts to degrade earlier than that, although you won't get a really good sequence from it.  Also depends on how it's stored - spunk on a motel bed will degrade a lot faster than dna from a frozen mammoth.

Human DNA should still be readable - Richard III was identified from his dna and he's been dead over 500 years.

How long until DNA evidence starts to decay?

. . . he asked out of pure curiosity and absolutely not in connection with any particular event at all.

His potential materialism posts are terrifying.

0431b9656d688714d8acd849e8719b32.jpga0a5e24e7109f2b61e1562b3a344b80b.jpgf14e54d3e27c0c3a21206de1b13aaf97.jpg

As a slightly related note, does anyone know a murderer? 

Other than Branko, obviously. 

I know someone who's killed someone, just not murder. Younger sister's best friend ran over a sheriff's wife while DUI. Said wife was herself intoxicated as a pedestrian on a 6 lane highway.

edit: This was a decade or so ago. She got a few years for vehicular homicide. Was really torn up about it for a long time. Has gotten on with her life now.

As a slightly related note, does anyone know a murderer? 

Other than Branko, obviously.

My uncle's (not blood related) brother got done for murder for knifing somebody on a trawler.

He's from Aberdeen so it's self explanatory really.