Daft questions

Yorkie

I was wondering more if anyone knew someone personally, and if so, are they still in touch.  Or is a line that renders friendship void, but I don't think I'll get any hits.

r/Askreddit is the place to go for that

As a slightly related note, does anyone know a murderer? 

Other than Branko, obviously.

Loosely. My best mate at school when I was like 11/12 had an older brother. I'd sometimes cross paths with him & his mate when going round my friend's house, although I never really spoke to them as they seemed a million years older back then. They we're in their later teens, I won't specify as I'm conscious of the fact someone on here may know of them or the story and don't want to offend anyone. Anyway one day my mate didn't come into school which was always kind of a big deal back then. When I got home my mam handed me the paper and asked if I knew who the person on the front was, recognising he shared the same surname as my best mate. It was of course his older brother who had been fatally punched repeatedly by said mate. Won't say the year/month/town it happened to try keep it anonymous.

Being relatively quite young himself, the lad didn't get long and was out 3 years later. I haven't seem him since although I would still recognise him, I see his family members regularly, they're all fucking terrifying tbh, known round here. Their surname has put the shits up me since I was young.

Sure I've mentioned before that we lived next door to a guy who, when we moved in, was doing life for killing a security guard (armed robbery, shotgun). Wife got pally with his missus until he got out, think he did 10 in the end, then it cooled and we fucked off. His son was the other neighbour, pretty sure he was a hitman, he ended up inside for ABH or something. Fucking hiding drugs and guns up our drainpipe and in our bin, think we made the right call. :lol:

We weren't getting any younger.

I know a fair few of them, but more on a professional basis like

Lad showed up at our school for years 10 and 11. Weren't friends and didn't keep in touch but heard he killed his girlfriend a few years ago. I guess the signs were there that he wasn't all there; used to whack his dick out in the middle of class, set his pubes on fire and slide lit bits of paper into random locked lockers, too. Lovely chap.

Little sister of my childhood best friend stabbed a guy to death and went to jail for a year-ish. Still ralk to her every now and then since the family is still semi-close with ours. Said childhood best friend is transgender now.

Guy she killed was the new boyfriend of my first girlfriend. Dodged a bullet getting out early cause my dick was shit. 

A mate of mine did a few years for manslaughter - he got started on by a group, fought back, and the guy hit his head on a brick wall as he went down.

Didn't know him personally, but someone I'd seen talk at a conference and my PhD advisor knew pretty well was the professor from this story.  It's really fucked up, the sort of thing Jill would be all over.

Remember reading about that at the time.

“What I can tell you is it was not domestic in nature like a husband, wife, or boyfriend, boyfriend, or a love triangle; that was not the motive,” Deenihan said. “It was a little bit more dark and disturbing, as far as I’m concerned.”

Is there any more information on this?