Toon Aid

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

A few people I know help out with Toon Aid which is a local food bank charity based in the West End of the City, they do fundraising at matches and have recently started selling Toon Aid tops like this:

24131567_378786005924654_9089279158948355322_n.jpg?oh=081a70ee4dce26c803468dcdf631778d&oe=5AC0B8C2

All profits go to Toon Aid, I've just purchased one and its mint, really good fit and cost £30 quid.

Anyway I'm plugging it on here because its a worthy cause and they are trying to raise 50K by Xmas, already having raised over 30K. My own company is going to get involved to donate and fund raise and this being for me the best source of all things NUFC with some pretty awesome people some of whom I've personally met, I thought you guys would be interested if you haven't already heard about it.

Politically I personally think its a disgrace that we have food banks in the UK, but they are very much needed for lots of people sadly who regard them as a lifeline and our own food bank is one of the largest in the UK and something we should all be proud of as Geordies.

Please like and share their page and donate if you can or even buy a top.

https://fundraise.charitycheckout.co.uk/newcastlewestend/cf/50k-by-Christmas-Day

https://newcastlewestend.foodbank.org.uk/2017/12/11/toonaid-jerseys-tshirts-and-hoodies-in-aid-of-newcastle-west-end-foodbank/

https://m.facebook.com/ToonAid1892/?__tn__=%2Cg

Thanks

Guest Howaythetoon

Oooh I'm having one. What's the fit like, compared to say the current home shirt?

Feels spot on, I got a large and it’s just about perfect. It’s very leight weight, they did try an Adidas version but it was basically a similar template to the Magpie Fans brand top, which compared to the club’s official Puma Top was heavier IMO. I love the Toon Aid logo btw.

Guest Howaythetoon

Quick bump, kids tops and hoodies should be available in Jan. I visited the food bank yesterday, very humbling experience and the folk that work there are absolute heroes. I didn't know they also took in kids toys, I got rid of about 8 sacks worth a few weeks back. Donated them to Barnardos, but would have donated them to the food bank if I had known as that way I would know they go to needy families. Also Lee Charnley and someone else from the club was at the food bank the other day making cuppas and food for people. Apparently a nice bloke according to the staff... still a cunt for me!

Quick bump, kids tops and hoodies should be available in Jan. I visited the food bank yesterday, very humbling experience and the folk that work there are absolute heroes. I didn't know they also took in kids toys, I got rid of about 8 sacks worth a few weeks back. Donated them to Barnardos, but would have donated them to the food bank if I had known as that way I would know they go to needy families. Also Lee Charnley and someone else from the club was at the food bank the other day making cuppas and food for people. Apparently a nice bloke according to the staff... still a c*** for me!

Charnley was probably their to make a withdrawal for Big Mike

Oooh I'm having one. What's the fit like, compared to say the current home shirt?

Feels spot on, I got a large and it’s just about perfect. It’s very leight weight, they did try an Adidas version but it was basically a similar template to the Magpie Fans brand top, which compared to the club’s official Puma Top was heavier IMO. I love the Toon Aid logo btw.

Cheers. They're out of XL but there's more coming in January so I've pre ordered.

• 5 weeks later...