The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Some strange related quirks are that the best team in the Welsh League (TNS) actually play in England, and Chester's stadium is in both countries as the edge of one stand runs along the border - the pitch itself is in Wales.

Clubs from small countries playing in other bigger leagues isn't uncommon though, Monaco being the obvious example. Also Vaduz and Derry City in Europe.

Can we please have Arsene if Rafa goes. I wouldn't even be bothered about the club anymore but I'd love to watch a team of his here because he'd always stick to his principles. If the club was going to tumble, I'd want it to be watching his football.

So frustrated that just when one Welsh turd flushes, another comes up.

You really dislike the Welsh do you man ? Is there are story you want to share with us ?

They should play in their own league, or all UK teams should play in the same league system. Either would be fine.

Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham, and even Newport have been a part of English football since they were founded. I don’t see why people suddenly have a problem with them whenever 1 of them turns up in the Premier League.

They're Welsh. They should either play in the Welsh league or the English league system should be a UK league system.

I accept I may be in the minority here, but it bugs me. Same as the Canadian teams in the MLS. If the MLS was known as "The American and Canadian Soccer League" or something, sure, fine. But as it stands, there's a US league (MLS) as well as a Canadian league, so fuck off. Either have it combined officially or stay the fuck in your own country.

The MLS means ‘Major League Soccer’, nothing in the name says USA. Also there is Canadian teams in the NBA, and Canadian teams in the NHL.

Really weird that a Scandinavian is on an English football clubs forums complaining about Welsh teams in the English football League system and Canadians in a primiarily USA based league system.

I've always seen Wales as a glorified region rather than a country like England and Scotland, so I have no real issue with them playing in our league.

It’s a principality isn’t it? The same as Monaco is to France.

You really dislike the Welsh do you man ? Is there are story you want to share with us ?

They should play in their own league, or all UK teams should play in the same league system. Either would be fine.

Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham, and even Newport have been a part of English football since they were founded. I don’t see why people suddenly have a problem with them whenever 1 of them turns up in the Premier League.

They're Welsh. They should either play in the Welsh league or the English league system should be a UK league system.

I accept I may be in the minority here, but it bugs me. Same as the Canadian teams in the MLS. If the MLS was known as "The American and Canadian Soccer League" or something, sure, fine. But as it stands, there's a US league (MLS) as well as a Canadian league, so fuck off. Either have it combined officially or stay the fuck in your own country.

The MLS means ‘Major League Soccer’, nothing in the name says USA. Also there is Canadian teams in the NBA, and Canadian teams in the NHL.

Really weird that a Scandinavian is on an English football clubs forums complaining about Welsh teams in the English football League system and Canadians in a primiarily USA based league system.

But the point is valid.

If a nation, or principality :) has it's own national league system, it's own separate FA affiliated to UEFA etc and it's own National team that plays in FIFA and UEFA competitions, it just doesn't sit right that they should have league sides playing in other nations league structures.

I get that this is probably a minority view and that it won't change but irks the hell out of me and always has.

But the point is valid.

If a nation, or principality :) has it's own national league system, it's own separate FA affiliated to UEFA etc and it's own National team that plays in FIFA and UEFA competitions, it just doesn't sit right that they should have league sides playing in other nations league structures.

I get that this is probably a minority view and that it won't change but irks the hell out of me and always has.

What about Guernsey who have a club team in the English lower leagues and are trying to have a national team?