Transfer rumours

Yorkie

On 08/06/2021 at 21:43, Kaizero said:

Given the clubs he's been linked to, and his success rate in the Scottish League, as well as his stats on the Norwegian national team - he's quite clearly at least low to mid Premier League standard and young enough to improve in the right environment. It's the move to the better league that will be the make or break issue, in that is his current level his roof or can he take the step up in intensity on a weekly level. He might not, I don't know that, but as with any player with potential you won't know until you try. 

That said, he'd be a lot better off at a club that knows how to bring through players.

Which clubs has he been linked to? Newcastle and Leverkusen are the only ones I have read about. Remember Jeff Hendricks was linked with AC Milan and it doesnt make him good.

I dont know which stats your refering to on the national team? Our defensive record is hoplessly bad, and our central defenders have not worked for ages. Last game he got swapped from central to right back after 2 easy goals which he should have done better on.. There is also a reason why he is only valued around 3-4Million even though he had a good season with Celtic. Tbh I cant see him as a low/mid premier league player either, mid/top championship player maybe. If he leaves Celtic I hope he goes to a slower league like the Italian one, which imho would suit him much more.

9 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Which clubs has he been linked to? Newcastle and Leverkusen are the only ones I have read about. Remember Jeff Hendricks was linked with AC Milan and it doesnt make him good.

I dont know which stats your refering to on the national team? Our defensive record is hoplessly bad, and our central defenders have not worked for ages. Last game he got swapped from central to right back after 2 easy goals which he should have done better on.. There is also a reason why he is only valued around 3-4Million even though he had a good season with Celtic. Tbh I cant see him as a low/mid premier league player either, mid/top championship player maybe. If he leaves Celtic I hope he goes to a slower league like the Italian one, which imho would suit him much more.

There's Liverpool, for one.

27 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Would be very happy with that

Really tho? 31, spent the last two years in the Championship and on loan in Turkey where he scored five goals.

Tbh I feel relatively okay about Steve Bruce being denied millions to spend on this squad. If there's going to be a change in regime at some point between now and June 2022, there's quite a large part of me that would rather have as few broken, expensive, or poorly-chosen players - with years left on their contract - as possible. Short term inexpensive deals for players who can kick in a straight line can hold the fort until a real version of the club emerges post-Ashley.