Transfer rumours

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

So £50m to spend this summer according to Alan Nixon.

A transfer ‘warchest’ apparently :lol: Equivalent to one good player.

Taking into account our transfer budget unusually includes wages and signing on fees/agent fees, we’ll probably send £50.

Newcastle United have been urged to consider a move for former Arsenal and West Ham midfielder Jack Wilshere.

Former Magpies defender Steve Howey believes Steve Bruce should weigh up offering the former England international a pay as you play deal following his release from Bournemouth.

Guest HTT II
3 hours ago, Slim said:

Newcastle United have been urged to consider a move for former Arsenal and West Ham midfielder Jack Wilshere.

Former Magpies defender Steve Howey believes Steve Bruce should weigh up offering the former England international a pay as you play deal following his release from Bournemouth.

No thanks, he’d be another Andy Caroll FFS!

Edited by HTT II

1 hour ago, Slim said:

So it's £50M to get a new contract for Carroll and buy him a wheelshere? 😉

2 hours ago, Slim said:

:facepalm:

See the Sun (I know) article from two days ago was reporting fat cunt is making 50 million now available. If that was the case, just seems strange seeing that it was previously heavily reported he was pulling the strings even tighter with only 10 million (and any cash from player sales) available. Also out of kilter with his obvious reluctance to spend money with the takeover in the balance. He showed in January his stance even in the face of relegation being very possible. As I said it’s the Sun so may be bollocks, but if it is correct just seems a head scratcher with Ashley’s reluctance to spend and the takeover still very much in the balance. Might already been discussed somewhere, just never seen it and that’s unusual for here for it not to be picked up and posted. 

21 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

See the Sun (I know) article from two days ago was reporting fat cunt is making 50 million now available. If that was the case, just seems strange seeing that it was previously heavily reported he was pulling the strings even tighter with only 10 million (and any cash from player sales) available. Also out of kilter with his obvious reluctance to spend money with the takeover in the balance. He showed in January his stance even in the face of relegation being very possible. As I said it’s the Sun so may be bollocks, but if it is correct just seems a head scratcher with Ashley’s reluctance to spend and the takeover still very much in the balance. Might already been discussed somewhere, just never seen it and that’s unusual for here for it not to be picked up and posted. 

As usual Newcastle are the only one of the 20 premier league clubs not to publish their accounts yet so we won't know the state of the finances 

23 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

£50 million transfer budget........now which group was reported by various outlets to provide a constant £50m per year for players..........hmmmm head scratcher indeed!

29 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

£50 million transfer budget........now which group was reported by various outlets to provide a constant £50m per year for players..........hmmmm head scratcher indeed!

Obviously it could well be total bollocks also with it being the Sun as I mentioned. If true, it’s certainly interesting and would be a pretty big change (for Ashley) in his recent stance.

Edited by et tu brute

Guest HTT II

I’m so glad the Euros are on so I don’t have to concern myself with the takeover bullshit, transfer shit and other NUFC crap for a month.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bruce look at Conor Hourihane. Bruce loves him.

I like him (Hourihane not Bruce, obvs) but he's right on the line in terms of good enough for top flight or not.

Has a belting free kick and shot on him. Used to annoy us otherwise by standing and watching the entire midfield get overrun without tracking back or getting stuck in in any way, though.

No idea how he's done on loan to Swansea this last season.