Transfer rumours

Yorkie

In real life no-one actually knows what we'll spend. 

Obviously this being a MA Operation it will be as little as possible, but its absolutely baffling that 12M would be the limit unless they genuinely believe that they were the only ones affected by Covid (again not hard to believe)

12 minutes ago, brummie said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bruce look at Conor Hourihane. Bruce loves him.

I like him (Hourihane not Bruce, obvs) but he's right on the line in terms of good enough for top flight or not.

Has a belting free kick and shot on him. Used to annoy us otherwise by standing and watching the entire midfield get overrun without tracking back or getting stuck in in any way, though.

No idea how he's done on loan to Swansea this last season.

‘Used to annoy us otherwise by standing and watching the entire midfield get overrun without tracking back or getting stuck in in any way, though’.

We already have a midfielder who carries out this role we don’t need another one.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

‘Used to annoy us otherwise by standing and watching the entire midfield get overrun without tracking back or getting stuck in in any way, though’.

We already have a midfielder who carries out this role we don’t need another one.

And we already have a backup midfielder who can and does do the same

Why is it always reported this way with us, like Ashley is a benevolent owner and we need to be concerned with his personal finances? 

A better tweet would be "Chronically tight Newcastle owner will allow club to spend £50m of its own money on transfers this summer, including wages over the course of the new players' contract(s)" 

Edited by Interpolic

4 hours ago, brummie said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bruce look at Conor Hourihane. Bruce loves him.

I like him (Hourihane not Bruce, obvs) but he's right on the line in terms of good enough for top flight or not.

Has a belting free kick and shot on him. Used to annoy us otherwise by standing and watching the entire midfield get overrun without tracking back or getting stuck in in any way, though.

No idea how he's done on loan to Swansea this last season.

Please God no. Can't watch more of him than I already do for Ireland

Matt Ritchie having an extended run in the team went a long way to us staying up imho, sure Willocks goals were the obvious thing but Ritchie played his part in some of those too.

He’s one of the few leaders in the dressing room that the club has. We’d be mad to let him leave without replacing those certain qualities. (even if it’s a different position)

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

He clearly thinks Bruce is a total cunt though so I’m not surprised he’s desperate to go. Helped saved his bacon last season by putting in some top performances but that’s more to do with him being a good pro than actually wanting to play for him.

7 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Matt Ritchie having an extended run in the team went a long way to us staying up imho, sure Willocks goals were the obvious thing but Ritchie played his part in some of those too.

He’s one of the few leaders in the dressing room that the club has. We’d be mad to let him leave without replacing those certain qualities. (even if it’s a different position)

Would agree with all of those, he is a leader, but he's also the sort of player who is only ever going to go to struggling teams at this level. He's just not an athlete to be useful to those with a bit more ambition. 

He's a great pro for a Bruce team, but with new ownership I'd be more than happy to let him get back to Bournemouth. 

Think Ritchies return to the team was more important than signing willock for staying up. He stopped the weakness down the left, filled in for the missing leadership and got the assists needed. Willock got the goals and the headlines but Ritchies contribution was outstanding and that comes from someone who thinks we should have sold him 2 years ago along with Gayle & Shelvey. 

so aye, he’s proved me wrong and I’d like to see him get the final years he wants and if that’s back home then make it happen. 

Think that's a bit of a stretch like. If you asked me who I'd rather was injured out of those two in the closing games of the season I'd go for Ritchie every time. 

Looks like we offered him a 3 year deal as opposed to the one year extension from Liverpool so I would imagine that was the motivation for him.

Not a single one of these kids we get from other clubs ever work out. This club is impossibly bad at bringing through young players. Can't even do it by accident occasionally.

52 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Looks like we offered him a 3 year deal as opposed to the one year extension from Liverpool so I would imagine that was the motivation for him.

Not a single one of these kids we get from other clubs ever work out. This club is impossibly bad at bringing through young players. Can't even do it by accident occasionally.

We'll never beat that deal we gave Curtis Good only to never play him. 

38 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Wasn't there a hooha about signing that kid from Chelsea that we've now just released [emoji38]

It just shows how bad our youth set up is - that we sign 'cast offs' from other clubs, who are hyped up but ultimately leave with a whimper after a few years. Shoddy.

Mind, i wish this latest lad well - lets hope he bucks the trend.

You just know that Lee Charnley has the "out of contract" filter on his computer permanently switched on. Every now and then he moves it to "has a release clause". 

God forbid we ever attempt to pay the going rate for a quality player.