Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I've always thought Lemina looked like had something about him but perhaps wasn't applied correctly. Which is unfortunate because Brucey will make him fetch the babs after the match.

Greame Jones might get something out of him but it's another NUFC throw of the dice.

The fact that Shelvey is first name on the teamsheet basically makes out midfield selection null and void anyway.

Don't think Lemina is that bad, he was decent for Southampton in the first few months of 17/18 but then just tailed off. Him and Willock coming in would improve our options, getting rid of Hayden though and keeping Shelvey and Hendrick is absolutely brainless. 

Would take Gallagher too, also surprised no one's gone in for Matheus Pereira yet.

2 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I’d be happy to have him, but I honestly hate how much we rely on loans from “larger” clubs to fill out our roster every year. Like a beaten dog mewling for table scraps. It’s pathetically small-time and a further indictment of our transfer policy and upper-level management.

It's this exact strategy that contributed directly to the mackems ultimate downfall...relying on loans being their best players season after season until the luck ran out

48 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Don't think Lemina is that bad, he was decent for Southampton in the first few months of 17/18 but then just tailed off. Him and Willock coming in would improve our options, getting rid of Hayden though and keeping Shelvey and Hendrick is absolutely brainless. 

Would take Gallagher too, also surprised no one's gone in for Matheus Pereira yet.

Gallagher definitely, he’s very good. 

Probably fair on Lemina, he’s a bit of a punt. Just would expect that this is the worst possible place for him to discover his best form. Especially trying to run a whole midfield himself alongside JJ. 

Would be a typical Ashley/Bruce, signing that has done fuck all for a few years, but is available on the cheap. Sign a player that another lower table club don't want, whilst the likes of Villa and Leeds (very recently promoted), start to leave us miles behind. He's not worth a punt if you want to be even half ambitious, to which we don't of course. Boy, I'm so pleased that I have finally drawn the line and won't watch a minute of any football from NUFC whilst those two are at the helm. 

I know the answer, of course I do, but seriously, where is the money? Like, we're technically a Premier League club but acting like we don't have a pot to piss in. I'm not expecting the second coming of Manchester City but surely, in 2021, signing players in double digit millions isn't the most outrageous thing to expect (delusional Geordies). These are basic, fundamental running costs of a modern club in the richest football league in the world - not title winning ambition, not squad overhauls, just doing the essentials. Surely even treading water must cost a couple of quid. 

Is the club sitting on a huge cash reserve? Clever accountancy? Even if Mike Ashley openly stated he's paying himself a million pounds a week you'd have to half admire his honesty and begrudgingly accept that's where the money is. But no. It's just a stubborn refusal. It's negligence, it's not being thrifty, it's not Daniel Levy levels of brinkmanship. The club isn't hemorrhaging money, it's not doing a Leeds (in the classic sense, chance would be a fine thing), it hasn't taken out a loan with the Bank of chuffing England nor has it built a 100,000 faded seat stadium in the middle of some retail park broadly speaking within the NE postcode. It's absolute madness. It's so ironic that the Premier league must hate us not because we're going to spend our way to every title from now until domesday but because we're deliberately stinking out their league by not even trying. In loads of other sports you'd be chucked out or disqualified for deliberately not trying or not showing effort. 

But aye, fit and proper person.