Transfer rumours

Yorkie

On 13/08/2021 at 02:21, Mike said:

Now that we've done a transfer, is that the shop shut down for good?

We signed an actual football player for actual, real money.  The shop exploded and disintegrated down to its component atoms which then fissioned, destroying and contaminating the land the shop was built on for the next 100,000 years.

Edited by loki679

6 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta could turn to Newcastle United's 24-year-old English goalkeeper Freddie Woodman, after failing to sign Sheffield United and England goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale, 23. (Chronicle)

Can absolutely see Ashley signing off on this. 

No doubt he'll look amazing behind (what seems to be) an awful Arsenal defence and we'll be talking about the one who got away.

50 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I was under the impression the window closed yesterday, not sure why.

Yea, for whatever reason I thought they were going to close it before the season kicked off to avoid the usual run of players being unsettled while they’re trying to be signed by other clubs. 

2 hours ago, Raconteur said:

Can absolutely see Ashley signing off on this. 

No doubt he'll look amazing behind (what seems to be) an awful Arsenal defence and we'll be talking about the one who got away.

We won't be selling him this window with Dubs & Darlow out. Woodman must be thinking he's got a real good chance of getting a few games under his belt without the threat of being replaced for any mistakes and if he does well keeping that No1 spot. 

He won't get a better chance to break in to a premiership team than he does right now.

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

He'd then be @HTT II favourite Paraguayan!

Sorry we only have one place for a true Mexican and that’s wor Miggy! This one is an imposter…

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

We won't be selling him this window with Dubs & Darlow out. Woodman must be thinking he's got a real good chance of getting a few games under his belt without the threat of being replaced for any mistakes and if he does well keeping that No1 spot. 

He won't get a better chance to break in to a premiership team than he does right now.

That all sounds perfectly reasonable - which is precisely why I’m sure Ashley would happily sell Woodman and tell Bruce to make do with Gillespie (or as-yet unsigned loan) until Darlow and Dubravka are back.

I’m also of the opinion Woodman would just as happily leave - his loan to Bournemouth was put off, and he’s only guaranteed to play the first handful of games. Or go to Arsenal and depose Leno?

13 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

That all sounds perfectly reasonable - which is precisely why I’m sure Ashley would happily sell Woodman and tell Bruce to make do with Gillespie (or as-yet unsigned loan) until Darlow and Dubravka are back.

I’m also of the opinion Woodman would just as happily leave - his loan to Bournemouth was put off, and he’s only guaranteed to play the first handful of games. Or go to Arsenal and depose Leno?

Knowing Bruce he would keep him in even after everyone else was fit like he did with Darlow.

16 hours ago, gdm said:

Not linked with anyone since willock came in. Such a shit football club 

We've got a couple of young players we really fancy by all accounts, but we spent all our pot on Willock. Never mind, maybe they'll find a good home somewhere. 

It'll be one or two pointless loans and thats it. Never mind, at least we've managed to stay still whilst others have strengthened.

Edited by Beth

Guest reefatoon

They are going to absolutely love coming here to sit on the bench and watch Khraft in their place. You just don't get that kind of valuable learning.

Beyond Willock, Bruce is still keen to add a “No 6” and a left-sided centre-back, or a versatile player who can cover both those positions. Jens-Lys Cajuste, the 22-year-old Midtjylland holding player, and Marseille’s versatile defender/midfielder Boubacar Kamara, 21, are both highly rated by Newcastle’s scouting team.

That was in the Athletic, I'm presuming we have spent that money on Willock so will now watch them for another year just in case no one else moves in.