Transfer rumours

Yorkie

10 minutes ago, toon25 said:

The absolute fucking state of some of these outgoing loans, like. Doncaster, Morton and Aberdeen. Christ.

Got to love it, classic British manager toughen-em-up loans.

We've sent a few to banger clubs that turned out alright for us or others. Like Krul and Adam Armstrong. But they did well despite that, rather than because of that.

Read a few things saying Glass has the potential to be a really good manager beyond that level. They’re a relatively big club too, first team football in a one club (ish) city will come with pressure. 

37 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I meant Villa, point still remains thought.

How does your point remain when we needed 4 to get a result against West Ham.

Edit: Sorry, I do believe you said "at least". I wasn't even dismissing your point though, just being more precise.

Edited by Happinesstan

Realistically he was hardly going to put Millions in after a previous season of no income due to covid. 25m on Joe Willock, I guess its better than absolutely nothing. 

I'm by no means defending how we operate, but by now, we all know it's never, ever, a busy deadline day.

41 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Realistically he was hardly going to put Millions in after a previous season of no income due to covid. 25m on Joe Willock, I guess its better than absolutely nothing. 

I'm by no means defending how we operate, but by now, we all know it's never, ever, a busy deadline day.

25 million is staggered payments according to reports. If that’s the case this years fee is covered by the money received by Lejuene and Armstrong in addition of saving 150-200k per week wages on departed players. Totally agree it was fully expected.

41 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Mike likes a gamble.

- Might be a breakthrough in the Takeover - then its not his problem

- Maybe Jones Bruce manages to keep the club up with no spend and we aren't relegated by christmas

- He has to sack Bruce between now and Christmas so why back him to get players the next fool that takes over won't want. Save some more pennies to give to the poor sod that comes next. 

ROLL DEM DICE

The Twitter fannies are pissing all ower with rage .

They will all be at Leeds home game and say fuck all, as big a problem as Bruce etc. Just go get the season ticket money back or cancel the DD now? But they won’t, they will keep going with their pitiful excuses .

I will be at Blyth Sp. 2 good home games coming up on Saturday and the following one, come along , see a club that tries , not like NUFC .Grim times.

8 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

He's never put a penny of his own money in that he didn't take back later or add to the debt. 

Agree with your post otherwise but the text in bold is an example of how Ashley has been able to control the narrative and convince even NUFC fans we need his personal investment to spend anything. 

Edited by Interpolic

3 hours ago, black_n_white said:

We have done well in getting rid of a lot of dead wood, what we needed was to replace that with 2-3 players of quality which wasn’t done. Makes sense now why those player contract extensions were dished out.

And so on ad infinitum ... ffs does the penny never drop with you people ?

9 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Didn't we get £100m or so from TV, like we have done every year since Ashley's been here?

Very strange argument. Surely the point is that we should have been able to buy Willock and £50m+ of other players on top? That’s Ashley’s fault, not Bruce’s for wanting Willock. 

Correct criticism of the mental contract extensions for terrible players mind.   

Also I think a real problem is lack of ability as well as lack of will. We just don’t have the capacity to find and do the deals for the players we need. We have the phone number of Willock and Chowdury so we have to pursue them. Otherwise we just don’t have the confidence we can find anyone else. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Bruce has been saying for weeks he doesn't think we'll get anyone in permanently, and loans were only ever a "maybe" or "if we can" or whatever weak bollocks it was. 

He's been dampening expectations regarding transfers on behalf of Ashley since the back end of last season. I don't really understand this narrative that he's been treated badly or had to put up with an especially bad window.

We've done arguably far more than Bruce said we would this summer. 

3 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Bruce has been saying for weeks he doesn't think we'll get anyone in permanently, and loans were only ever a "maybe" or "if we can" or whatever weak bollocks it was. 

He's been dampening expectations regarding transfers on behalf of Ashley since the back end of last season. I don't really understand this narrative that he's been treated badly or had to put up with an especially bad window.

We've done arguably far more than Bruce said we would this summer. 

And any self respecting manager wouldn't have tolerated it