Transfer rumours

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Bruce has been saying for weeks he doesn't think we'll get anyone in permanently, and loans were only ever a "maybe" or "if we can" or whatever weak bollocks it was. 

He's been dampening expectations regarding transfers on behalf of Ashley since the back end of last season. I don't really understand this narrative that he's been treated badly or had to put up with an especially bad window.

We've done arguably far more than Bruce said we would this summer. 

And he's on record expressing his gratitude for it too. He doesn't get to now change the narrative in the last 24 hours of the window. 

13 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Bruce has been saying for weeks he doesn't think we'll get anyone in permanently, and loans were only ever a "maybe" or "if we can" or whatever weak bollocks it was. 

He's been dampening expectations regarding transfers on behalf of Ashley since the back end of last season. I don't really understand this narrative that he's been treated badly or had to put up with an especially bad window.

We've done arguably far more than Bruce said we would this summer. 

Spot on. 

5 minutes ago, Rocker said:

Liam Kennedy has turned into a right nark-cunt. 

Listening too much to Bullshit Keith. We have without doubt the worst set of journalists possible reporting on the club. Ryder yesterday tweeted over ten times the link to an article about the U23 Mexican.

2 hours ago, Interpolic said:

He's never put a penny of his own money in that he didn't take back later or add to the debt. 

Agree with your post otherwise but the text in bold is an example of how Ashley has been able to control the narrative and convince even NUFC fans we need his personal investment to spend anything. 

Yes but that's not what I'm saying in terms it being his money, I go on to say, there was no income from the pandemic. The club spends what it generates, we all know Ashley never puts a drop in. His money is tied up or like wall paper as he says? 

Regardless of the comment, I personally have stopped caring, especially when it comes to transfers.👍🏻

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Listening too much to Bullshit Keith. We have without doubt the worst set of journalists possible reporting on the club. Ryder yesterday tweeted over ten times the link to an article about the U23 Mexican.

What they got to report tbf. Nothing ever happens at this club that's newsworthy and if they go against Ashley they get banned from the press conferences and nobody backs them up

6 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Yes but that's not what I'm saying in terms it being his money, I go on to say, there was no income from the pandemic. The club spends what it generates, we all know Ashley never puts a drop in. His money is tied up or like wall paper as he says? 

Regardless of the comment, I personally have stopped caring, especially when it comes to transfers.👍🏻

Fair enough, so have I. Casual observer these days. 

We sell players in instalments I assume as it's common practice yet "break the rules" when buying via the same thing. We buy up front usually which I think is the reason we don't have money. Waiting for scraps to come in to fund one targeted player each summer, 2 if we're lucky. Genuinely feel like signing Lewis last year came from the metaphorical pot for this summer hence the scramble to fund Willock using instalments however they could. (Tbf Arsenal didn't want a loan they wanted perm so that or nothing) 

27 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

What they got to report tbf. Nothing ever happens at this club that's newsworthy and if they go against Ashley they get banned from the press conferences and nobody backs them up

They shouldn’t be in the job if they’re scared to go against Ashley. Hope and Winter are the only two reporters worth their salt as they tell it as it is. Reporters are paid to report on issues, not to suck up to Ashley in case they’re banned from press conferences. As for nothing happens, in terms of signings yes, but plenty on how the club is operated, the management of the team, the stadium decline, the total lack of willingness to progress. As I said we have a set of reporters, who are plainly more interested in their clicks and sucking up to Ashley/Bruce than doing actual investigative journalism.

Edited by et tu brute

Chronicle's policy is to be a one-stop shop for Newcastle news so they'll post anything related to the club however tenuous. Some of the posts are taken straight from Twitter comments to fill up space which really is telling! Ryder's had moments but it's never sustained enough to be anything than an emotionally charged reaction to a game 

19 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

They shouldn’t be in the job if they’re scared to go against Ashley. Hope and Winter are the only two reporters worth their salt as they tell it as it is. Reporters are paid to report on issues, not to suck up to Ashley in case they’re banned from press conferences. As for nothing happens, in terms of signings yes, but plenty on how the club is operated, the management of the team, the stadium decline, the total lack of willingness to progress. As I said we have a set of reporters, who are plainly more interested in their clicks and sucking up to Ashley/Bruce than doing actual investigative journalism.

I totally agree with you, but like I say if they do publish anything against Ashley then they're just pushed aside and fed even less scraps. If they'd all stick together then Ashley would be the one who has to back down but it's live and let die in that industry tbh. 

Edited by Bishops Finger

9 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

I totally agree with you, but like I say if they do publish anything against Ashley then they're just pushed aside and fed even less scraps. If they'd all stick together then Ashley would be the one who has to back down but it's live and let die in that industry tbh. 

As I said they shouldn't be in the job then. They would get far more hits by telling things as they are and reporting on those. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/09/01/frustrated-angry-steve-bruce-seeking-answers-newcastle-uniteds/ Good to know we didn't spend a penny of the actual budget

Newcastle simply would not pay the loan fee for Choudhury, which is thought to have been around £1.5m and cover the cost of his wages, even though they have slashed the wage bill by around £200,000-a-week this summer. 

Sources have revealed that the excuse given to Choudhury and Leicester for the breakdown in talks - even though the player was desperate to join - was that Emil Krafth refused to join Championship side Fulham on Tuesday afternoon.

The answer is straightforward. Newcastle did not have any more money in their bank account and simply refused to borrow, either from the owner Mike Ashley in the form of interest-free loans or from a bank. That is how most clubs have managed to do business this summer.

Charnley had already persuaded Justin Barnes, the man who effectively has the final say on decisions as Ashley's man at St James’ Park, to break the club policy of paying for players in one lump sum, getting Arsenal to agree to receive their £22m for Willock in instalments. 

The sale of Florian Lejuene to Alaves and a windfall payment from the £15m deal that took their former academy striker Adam Armstrong from Blackburn to Southampton paid for the initial instalment.

The bottom line is that Ashley and Barnes did not think there were any essential repairs needed because if the squad had stayed up last season, Bruce should be able to do that again. 

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

Chronicle's policy is to be a one-stop shop for Newcastle news so they'll post anything related to the club however tenuous. Some of the posts are taken straight from Twitter comments to fill up space which really is telling! Ryder's had moments but it's never sustained enough to be anything than an emotionally charged reaction to a game 

Ryder is a joke. Coming across as all hard lad on twitter. yet his chronicle article is almost excusing Ashley and explaining his lack of spending this window.

Douglas has been slightly more critical.

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

The bottom line is that Ashley and Barnes did not think there were any essential repairs needed because if the squad had stayed up last season, Bruce should be able to do that again. 

No mention of Bruce or Charnley there. The 2 people who are the most 'hands on' with the club on a day to day basis.

That logic has a MAHOOSIVE flaw in it pmsl.

I also take it that the state of the platinum club, the dead pigeons and other stuff doesnt count as 'essential repairs'.

Club management not good enough

Club facilities management not good enough

Club coaching staff across the spectrum not good enough 

Club first team squad not good enough 

Only one direction this leads Newcastle.

The squad is good enough to have a season without worrying about relegation, in spite of the lack of additions and meaningful depth. The manager and coaching staff make sure that they will be though, with braindead, self harming tactics and formations, nullifying players by playing them in the wrong positions and asking them to perform roles they cannot do, the shit the manager spouts in public and supporter feeling about him. Cut the fat cunt out the equation and we'd be fine. If there's any point to be, that is.

Edited by HaydnNUFC