Transfer rumours

Yorkie

"in the top six of the form table over the final nine fixtures"

They genuinely felt that the team would just carry on in that vein with Willock coming in permanently :lol:

Hopefully this statement and the expectations of the team easily achieving 12th again means Bruce gets the sack when we stay in the bottom 3 week in and week out.

The club is dead, walk away.  Owned by someone who has no interest in football but has seen an opportunity to milk a Premier League club for all its worth and plead poverty  during the most lucrative period of football history. 

Lies, more lies and more lies to come.

Quite a few "all parties were aware..." or similar in that ....  

Like others have suggested it reads to me like they are having pops at bruce. 

i.e. He was aware he was spunking entire budget on one player.  We got him what he wanted and agreed to so he can't complain or grumble to is PAL luke.

Fucking hilarious!   Don't understand why people still go through the turnstiles.

Edited by ScottishMagpie

34 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Compare that to the Aston Villa CEO talking about Grealish going

Villa insisted about lying about Grealish having a clause in his contract for over a year though to be fair. I'm not sure why they aren't getting more shit for that. 

Alot of that statement was damage limitation on their end, which seems to have worked a treat as Grealish is the one getting death threats and a ridiculous level of abuse from the Villa fans daily. 

If there's been a falling out between Charnley/Ashley/Barnes and Bruce over transfers, I'm hoping we start to see some in-fighting from the club. Everybody slagging everybody else off. It'll be entertaining watching the club implode. Not much else to get excited about these days when it comes to NUFC.

10 minutes ago, ikri said:

The club are astonishingly bad at PR.  They just have no idea what they're doing, assuming that they're not deliberately trying to piss the fans off that is.

They don't care - because they know plenty mugs will still turn up, regardless.

Just now, Big Geordie said:

They don't care - because they know plenty mugs will still turn up, regardless.

And when they turn up there's no beer, bird shit all over the seats and the place stinks 

This whole “only spending what we have” is an amazingly sensible business decision until you realise that we have less and less every year based on appallingly bad decisions by the owner. I mean, surely the idea would be to build the brand, increase the incomings through sponsorships, increase the talent in the squad through an established academy etc.

oh well

Just now, Shearergol said:

This whole “only spending what we have” is an amazingly sensible business decision until you realise that we have less and less every year based on appallingly bad decisions by the owner. I mean, surely the idea would be to build the brand, increase the incomings through sponsorships, increase the talent in the squad through an established academy etc.

oh well

Who do you think we are (insert random lower league club here)

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Who do you think we are (insert random lower league club here)

I think we are the Lonsdale, used to be a force and had a great name in sport..............then Ashley took them over.

Just now, Ben said:

I think we are the Lonsdale, used to be a force and had a great name in sport..............then Ashley took them over.

We could have been loansdale, but…

31 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

oh well

Imagine if you could only buy a house if you paid cash in full up front. I bet MA didn't build SD without taking a loan to fund growth. The problem is he knows he is a poor owner and doesn't know how to invest in football so he does the minimum.

19 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

Imagine if you could only buy a house if you paid cash in full up front. I bet MA didn't build SD without taking a loan to fund growth. The problem is he knows he is a poor owner and doesn't know how to invest in football so he does the minimum.

I get that, but my point is the club should be generating millions more than it does, a point Ashley seems to ignore.

Who on Earth thought this was a good statement to put out? :lol: Literally no one was surprised about the summers spending (or lack thereof), this horrible statement does not nothing but highlight how fucking shite we are :lol:

I removed myself from all NUFC related social media pages/accounts this summer, and just following results now. Can't be bothered with them at all any more, sadly.

Then you cant avoid seeing this statement, and really wonder why on earth anybody bought a season ticket. We shouldn't even have 15k at matches.

The statement is really something Smithers would put out, this is Bruce's final chance to stand up and be a man, his reaction to this will make or break him...........(TBF I think he might already be broke) 

As if Brucey gives a shit. He’s happy taking his kings shilling, doing fuck all apart from picking the team and looking out for Man U results.

He knew what he was getting into. 

This feels like the consequence of the remote style of management that operates at our club. Balancing the books is fine, but there has to be some flexibility at times.

Whatever one thinks of Bruce, he has always been loyal to the ownership of the club. He has no record here of rocking the boat and using public pressure to get his own way. Choudhury was clearly an important signing for him, and one that wouldn't have broken the bank. Within their game plan, he has earned their trust. If they have looked at him as another manager just throwing his toys out of the pram in order to stretch the budget as much as possible, then they've read it wrong. 

Of course, if you want to see a crack in the relationship between owner and manager, then you'll be happy.